Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22
  1. #1
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    89

    Default Finally some GOOD press in DC

    Great job Engine 15, Rescue 3, Ambulance 15 and EMS 3!!!

    http://statter911.com/2010/02/03/thr...oad-southeast/


  2. #2
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    213

    Default

    all i can say is NICE!!!
    But who leaves children ages 5 and under home alone when they go to work?

  3. #3
    Forum Member GTRider245's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Augusta,GA
    Posts
    3,056

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zackman1801 View Post
    all i can say is NICE!!!
    But who leaves children ages 5 and under home alone when they go to work?
    You would be amazing at the idiots we have living in society.

    Good job, DC.
    Career Firefighter
    Volunteer Captain

    -Professional in Either Role-

    Quote Originally Posted by Rescue101 View Post
    I don't mind fire rolling over my head. I just don't like it rolling UNDER my a**.

  4. #4
    Forum Member len1582's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    N.J.
    Posts
    1,392

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zackman1801 View Post
    all i can say is NICE!!!
    But who leaves children ages 5 and under home alone when they go to work?
    You're right...Many people who abandon their kids do it to go party or visit their dealer.

    Good job guys.

  5. #5
    Forum Member RangerJake72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Punta Gorda, FL
    Posts
    153

    Default

    sad to say, some people leave their kids at home to go to work, not having or unable to afford a sitter, as don't show up to work = loss of job/pay and they have to work to make ends meet. so I wouldn't call them idiots, desperate people do desperate things
    "If you can't be a good example, the you'll just have to be a terrible warning."

  6. #6
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    25

    Default

    To the OP:

    What do you mean by "finally"?

    DCFD is one of the most aggressive fire departments in the country. No big city handle's fires like we do.

    When you say finally you mean that the website you are reading will never post good stories. Last year there were numerous rescues made by the brothers. There was also a ton of property saved, especially in this tightly packed city.

    Much of the negativity that you are implying comes from the EMS side of things. When a big city fire department has EMS forced down thier throat and it is run dysfunctionally it creates a bad atmosphere. We also have an administration that has to elude that thier tenure here is "perfect", so that thier NEXT job will be easier to get. That is where a lot of other negativity comes from.

    Look at DCFD.com regularly to see just how we handle things and how positve it is.

  7. #7
    Forum Member LADDER2EKU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Eastern Kentucky Univ./Stafford Va
    Posts
    127

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaFF1 View Post
    To the OP:

    What do you mean by "finally"?

    DCFD is one of the most aggressive fire departments in the country. No big city handle's fires like we do.

    When you say finally you mean that the website you are reading will never post good stories. Last year there were numerous rescues made by the brothers. There was also a ton of property saved, especially in this tightly packed city.

    Much of the negativity that you are implying comes from the EMS side of things. When a big city fire department has EMS forced down thier throat and it is run dysfunctionally it creates a bad atmosphere. We also have an administration that has to elude that thier tenure here is "perfect", so that thier NEXT job will be easier to get. That is where a lot of other negativity comes from.

    Look at DCFD.com regularly to see just how we handle things and how positve it is.
    Just to make you aware, CustomShields is a member of the DCFD assigned to an Engine Co. If he wants to announce where he assigned I will let him handle that. Not that I am disagreeing with you, because while I personally do not work for the DCFD I have quite a few close friends who do.

    Just a heads up from a fellow Virginian.
    Wade Munday

    www.Stafford2fire.com
    -and-
    www.fairfaxfire.org

    RIP DET. VICKY ARMEL
    Fairfax County PD
    LODD
    End Of Watch 5-8-2006

    RIP DEPUTY/FF JASON MOONEY
    Stafford Sheriffs/Stafford VFD
    LODD
    End Of Watch 10-19-2007

  8. #8
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    213

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by len1582 View Post
    You're right...Many people who abandon their kids do it to go party or visit their dealer.

    Good job guys.
    Regardless of what the fathers intentions were good or bad its a stupid and dangerous thing to do to leave small children home alone. At that age if anything were to happen what would they do? i can imagine that none of them know enough to call anyone or ask for help.

  9. #9
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LADDER2EKU View Post
    Just to make you aware, CustomShields is a member of the DCFD assigned to an Engine Co. If he wants to announce where he assigned I will let him handle that. Not that I am disagreeing with you, because while I personally do not work for the DCFD I have quite a few close friends who do.

    Just a heads up from a fellow Virginian.
    Maybe I am preaching to the choir then!!! I figured there was more bad press anticipated soon or something.

    Not to mention I was just throwing info out there, not upset or anything. This is a darn good fire department and I am proud of everything we do. Great job by 15 Engine and Rescue Squad 3.

    Statter has a way of making our dept look bad and if you are an outsider and only read his site then you would feel that we do everything wrong!!! I'm sure CustomShields will back me up on that.
    Last edited by VirginiaFF1; 02-05-2010 at 06:01 PM.

  10. #10
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    89

    Default

    VirginiaFF1,
    Not "finally" DCFD did something good to deserve good press. Rather "finally" the press has published just one of the many, many good stories that come out of the DCFD.

    ...and yes, you're preaching to the choir....

  11. #11
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CustomShields View Post
    VirginiaFF1,
    Not "finally" DCFD did something good to deserve good press. Rather "finally" the press has published just one of the many, many good stories that come out of the DCFD.

    ...and yes, you're preaching to the choir....
    It is really pathetic how this department gets no credit for anything good that it does. But of course they harp on everything else.

    It is a well needed change to see a good story in the press.

    Sometimes I feel like people who aren't on DC truly feel like we are a bunch of rejects or something, so I was doing some informative blogging. Next time ill save it for someone who needs it!!!

    What a great catch by the security cameras in this building.

  12. #12
    MembersZone Subscriber JohnVBFD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Norfolk, Va
    Posts
    1,471

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaFF1 View Post
    Sometimes I feel like people who aren't on DC truly feel like we are a bunch of rejects or something, ....
    You aren't Kentland. You are a bunch of rejects or something.....

    .....that something is 2nd due to Kentland.
    Co 11
    Virginia Beach FD

    Amateurs practice until they get it right; professionals practice until they cannot get it wrong. Which one are you?

    'The fire went out and nobody got hurt' is a poor excuse for a fireground critique.

  13. #13
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DocVBFDE14 View Post
    You aren't Kentland. You are a bunch of rejects or something.....

    .....that something is 2nd due to Kentland.
    Beware. I have seen these PG forums get pretty ugly. LOL

    How did we go from a great saves to Kentland. LOL
    Last edited by VirginiaFF1; 02-05-2010 at 06:04 PM.

  14. #14
    Forum Member Lewiston2FF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Niagara Falls, NY, USA
    Posts
    1,924

    Default

    Virginia,
    That was sarcasm. I'll let the doc speak for himself but I got sarcasm and a shot at Kentland out of that.
    Shawn M. Cecula
    Firefighter
    IACOJ Division of Fire and EMS

  15. #15
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lewiston2Capt View Post
    Virginia,
    That was sarcasm. I'll let the doc speak for himself but I got sarcasm and a shot at Kentland out of that.
    I originally thought it was sarcasm, but then I read it a few more times and it sounded like he was taking a shot at us. Maybe I just dont understand what anyone says on these boards.

    Doc, Kentland does have a long history good or bad, you be the judge. They do have a few good firemen though.

  16. #16
    MembersZone Subscriber JohnVBFD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Norfolk, Va
    Posts
    1,471

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaFF1 View Post
    Maybe I just dont understand what anyone says on these boards.

    They make pills for that too ya know.
    Co 11
    Virginia Beach FD

    Amateurs practice until they get it right; professionals practice until they cannot get it wrong. Which one are you?

    'The fire went out and nobody got hurt' is a poor excuse for a fireground critique.

  17. #17
    MembersZone Subscriber JohnVBFD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Norfolk, Va
    Posts
    1,471

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lewiston2Capt View Post
    Virginia,
    That was sarcasm. I'll let the doc speak for himself but I got sarcasm and a shot at Kentland out of that.

    I would never shoot at Kentland. It would be pointless and form a quantum physics mega disaster.

    Kentland would beat the bullet to its intended location and destroy life as we know it.
    Co 11
    Virginia Beach FD

    Amateurs practice until they get it right; professionals practice until they cannot get it wrong. Which one are you?

    'The fire went out and nobody got hurt' is a poor excuse for a fireground critique.

  18. #18
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DocVBFDE14 View Post
    They make pills for that too ya know.
    Can I take them with large quantities of booze?

  19. #19
    Early Adopter cozmosis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 1999
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    1,925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaFF1 View Post
    It is really pathetic how this department gets no credit for anything good that it does. But of course they harp on everything else.
    The downside to working for the fire department -- almost any fire department -- is that when something goes wrong, it's your fault... And when something goes right, it's no big deal because you were just doing your job.

  20. #20
    MembersZone Subscriber Dickey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    5,111

    Default

    Excellent work DCFD!!!

    Parents on the other hand need to be slapped.
    Jason Knecht
    Assistant Chief
    Altoona Fire Dept.
    Altoona, WI

    IACOJ - Director of Cheese and Whine
    http://www.cheddarvision.tv/
    EAT CHEESE OR DIE!!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Federal money, good or bad?
    By firejack007 in forum Federal FIRE ACT Grants & Funding
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-02-2004, 03:31 PM
  2. Good Cop / Bad Cop in Iraq???
    By Dalmatian90 in forum The Off Duty Forums
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-24-2004, 05:33 PM
  3. AFFF or FFFP
    By Lallo in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-18-2002, 08:34 PM
  4. The Bravest --- FINALLY!
    By FiremedicMike in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-30-2002, 01:47 PM
  5. Jim M. has good advice and......
    By Sand Creek Lynn in forum Volunteer Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-15-2000, 02:56 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts