Forum Member

Exclamation fundraising!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

How many explorer post out there do fund-raising events for money for their post? The explorer post im in is running low on money and we need fund-raisers to do, any one out there have ideas? We would really like some help with this, thank you and God bless

Smile fundraising...

Hi, my name is Alisha and i'm Asst Chief of my Explorer post. i have a power point presentation with lots of fundraising ideas. if you send me ur email address, i will gladly send the ppt to you!

Forum Member

thanks man.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Explorer Asst Chief Fern View Post
    Hi, my name is Alisha and i'm Asst Chief of my Explorer post. i have a power point presentation with lots of fundraising ideas. if you send me ur email address, i will gladly send the ppt to you!
    Hello, If you wouldnt mind, Could you send to me also?

Email: internal.expert.coding@live.com

Thanks!

sure thing. i have to do some editing to it before i send it, but u both will have them by the middle of the week.

Forum Member

Buy a Ride-on power wheel truck and sell raffle tickets for $5/piece.
    Did this before with my old post and I'm pretty sure we profitted about $300 - The truck was about $100.

Host some kind of event with other local posts. Do some hands-on training and maybe some in-class stuff going over IC, communications. Bring in local chiefs or fire instructors to teach the classes. Charge each explorer $10 for the day.

PS - You have to watch what kind of fundraisers you do as Explorers because the BSA does have policies over this.
    Firefighter/EMT
    My words stated here do not necessarily point towards organizations which I am affiliated with.

Forum Member

If you can swing the overhead, I highly suggest a few brat frys throughout the summer. Im not an explorere anymore, but my department tries to do a brat fry a month in the summer, and we profit anywhere from $200-$600 dollars depending on the day. Memorial day and Labor day are definitely the two biggest days.

Forum Member

Default fundraisers

the junior members at my department are doing car washes, yard sales, and a breakfast for some of their fundraisers.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by crazyaboutEMS17 View Post
    the junior members at my department are doing car washes, yard sales, and a breakfast for some of their fundraisers.
    we no longer do car washes, the last 3 we tried only 3 or 4 members showed up, so we scrached that idea it is kinda sad that we have so many lazy people in my post.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by RS1606 View Post
    we no longer do car washes, the last 3 we tried only 3 or 4 members showed up, so we scrached that idea it is kinda sad that we have so many lazy people in my post.
    I don't know what the by-laws for your post are, but at my post, unless it's an excused absence with prior approval, the jr members have to attend i think 80% of all fundraisers. Maybe if your post came up with some by-laws that stipulate how many fundraisers jr members have to attend it would get more members out.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by crazyaboutEMS17 View Post
    I don't know what the by-laws for your post are, but at my post, unless it's an excused absence with prior approval, the jr members have to attend i think 80% of all fundraisers. Maybe if your post came up with some by-laws that stipulate how many fundraisers jr members have to attend it would get more members out.
    Thank you, I will have to bring that up to our post advisor. that could be very plausable but before we can change the by-laws the post has to vote on that change. But i will most likely bring that up at the next meeting.

Forum Member

i use to be chief of our explorer post around 7 years ago before i became a firefighter and we were holding dances for high school students. We would have 4-5 chaperones help as this was required by the fire dept. we made around $150-200 a night. Ill talk to couple posts from where i use to live and see if i can get some other ideas that worked great.
    Last edited by d_holder86; 03-09-2010 at 09:55 PM. Reason: mispelling.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by d_holder86 View Post
    i use to be chief of ur explorer post around 7 years ago before i became a firefighter and we were holding dances for high school students. We would have 4-5 chaperones help as this was required by the fire dept. we made around $150-200 a night. Ill talk to couple posts from where i use to live and see if i can get some other ideas that worked great.
    whos explorer post?

Thread Information