Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Default Ladies and Gentlemen.....Number 41.

Ladies and Gentlemen,

After scaring the shyte out of every incumbent, liberal, Democrat politician out there 16 days ago.......

It is my distinct pleasure to introduce to you, Senator Scott Brown, Republican from Massachusetts.

Doesn't that last part just roll off the thongue nicely?

http://wbztv.com/local/scott.brown.s...2.1471142.html

http://www1.whdh.com/news/articles/politics/BO134840

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/poli...24/detail.html

November is going to be so much freaking fun to watch after this.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

Banned

T.E.A. anyone..... Good job Massachusetts. Notice that since winning the election Obama has started attacking the banks and big insurance companies and the markets are crashing. Who was it that said the market precedes the economy by about 9 months. Oh yea that SCdude. His policies are turning the economy around and sending it right back into the toilet. I predict it will fall further this time than it did the last time. And when companies have no money to invest there will be no job growth. Realize a lot of those investment funds come from people making more than $250,000.

Forum Member

When Captain John Paul (Jones was an alias chosen when he went on the lam for a Murder 2 charge.Didn't you see the movie?) found himself on the losing end of a sea battle with his sails afire,hull holed,with the ship sinking,and being called upon to strike his colors and surrender,he is reputed to have said,"I have not yet begun to fight!" whereupon a Marine was heard to mutter,"There's always some clothpate as never gets the word."
    The newsies are STILL referring to the Massachusetts US Senate seat as "Ted Kennedy's seat" even though the Late Senator is no longer occupying it and Mr. Scott Brown is representing the Great State of Massachusetts.
    The people who are supposed to be on the sidelines just telling others what some other person has done need to get over the loss of a Democrat candidate and move on with their lives.

MembersZone Subscriber MalahatTwo7's Avatar
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

But I thought the answer was

FOURTY-TWO!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MalahatTwo7 View Post
    But I thought the answer was

FOURTY-TWO!
    Won't be long and the answer will be

FORTY-TWO! D
    left.

Forum Member

Back in November of 1994,Election Day in Memphis was a soggy rainy day with no sense of relief from the gloom.
    The next day,the sun came out,the birds were singing,and it warmed up nicely as opposed to the temps of the previous day.I even mentioned that to one of my roommates(yes,one of those that had me arrested.things were much better at that time)and she took it to mean that I was gloating about the Republicans getting a majority in the House and Senate.
    I'd worked til 2200 the evening before and had gone to bed before seeing the news so I had no clue.

In a move that is sure to drive the Tea Bag wingnuts crazy, newly elected MA Sen. Brown proves he's a politician and not a kamikaze pilot.

Brown Helps Democrats Break Filibuster

Reading some of the comments on conservative websites. The term "traitor" is being used frequently.
    Last edited by scfire86; 02-23-2010 at 09:44 AM.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    In a move that is sure to drive the Tea Bag wingnuts crazy, newly elected MA Sen. Brown proves he's a politician and not a kamikaze pilot.

Brown Helps Democrats Break Filibuster

Reading some of the comments on conservative websites. The term "traitor" is being used frequently.
    So who are these Tea Party folks anyway.
    Who are the Tea Party activists?

According to the survey, roughly 11 percent of all Americans say they have actively supported the Tea Party movement, either by donating money, attending a rally, or taking some other active step to support the movement. Of this core group of Tea Party activists, 6 of 10 are male and half live in rural areas.

Nearly three-quarters of Tea Party activists attended college, compared to 54 percent of all Americans, and more than 3 in 4 call themselves conservatives.

"Keep in mind that this is a pretty small sample of Tea Party activists," Holland said. "But even taking that into account, the demographic gaps that the poll finds between those activists and the general public on gender, education, income, ideology, and voting behavior appear to be significant differences."

The poll indicates that about 24 percent of the public generally favors the Tea Party movement but has not taken any actions such as donating money or attending a rally. Adding in the 11 percent who say they are active, a total of 35 percent could be described as Tea Party supporters. That larger group is also predominantly male, higher-income, and conservative.

Some 45 percent of all Americans say they don't know enough about the Tea Party to have a view of the movement; 1 in 5 say they oppose the Tea Party.
    Only 1 in 5 people oppose defending the constitution, less spending, and smaller government. I'll bet that is the same 20% who make a living off the government either by working for them or getting freebies.

Most interesting is that 75% of them are college educated. That in itself says something.

As for Brown, it shows he is able to do something the President and democrats in Congress can't do, he can reach across the aisle and says screw the partisan BS. Obama, Reid, Pelosi and the rest of the numskulls should take a lesson from Mr. Brown,
    Last edited by ScareCrow57; 02-23-2010 at 12:34 PM.

Did you all notice how quickly he flip flopped on the Ryan budget after the butt kicking the GOP got in NY-26.

As I pointed out after his election. He's a politician, not a kamikaze pilot.

Thread Information