Forum Member

Default Well, made round two.

Didn't get round one, but glad to get round two. Regional comm grant for $271,519.00 for the overall project. (they didn't give me my grant writers fee)

Now my OPS for turnouts and PPE had the same changed submission date, but now award showing for it yet.

My Vehicle grant is sitting alone with no activity whatsoever, and I thought it was the best written of the three.

Oh Well, Now the work begins. Again

Forum Member

We got our Round 2 award notice today as well. (Thanks Brian!)

$70,000 for a mobile air compressor solution.

Now if we could just see some movement on our Vehicle Grant

Forum Member

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by jam24u View Post
    Didn't get round one, but glad to get round two. Regional comm grant for $271,519.00 for the overall project. (they didn't give me my grant writers fee)

Now my OPS for turnouts and PPE had the same changed submission date, but now award showing for it yet.

My Vehicle grant is sitting alone with no activity whatsoever, and I thought it was the best written of the three.

Congratulations Jim: Regionals are a lot of work, especially communications. Very similar to herding cats, trying to get everyone to agree . You've done well!

Don't feel bad on the others , it's still only round 2

Forum Member

Way to go Jam. Don't feel bad on the Ops grant. I've heard nothing. See ya in Tampa.

Forum Member

I saw you on the list this morning, congrats!

Forum Member

I received a grant in round one, but my submission date never changed in the process of 1199, 10qs, reductions, etc. Is that a sure bet?

MembersZone Subscriber

what would be a max on the mobile air compressor refill station?

Forum Member

$70,000 is max for the mobile compressor solution.

We have been checking prices for a while and it will be plenty to get exactly what we want and need.

We are getting one that will have shore power hookups so we can run it in station too and retire our 20+ year old station compressor.

MembersZone Subscriber

Looking at the list from Tennessee and noticed that Pigeon Forge just hit it for 190k. This is on top of them getting a 1.2 million(?) 1st round Station Grant. Somebody deserves a warm vacation for all of that grant writing.

MembersZone Subscriber

Congrats to all those that made round two!!
    We were awarded in round two as well, 37,000 K for hose, nozzles, hose washer and drying cabinet. Now its time to get to work, but at least its fun work!

Forum Member

Let me know what kind of hose washer you're looking at. Got some interest in that myself.

MembersZone Subscriber

Good job jam...the rest will come.

Forum Member

Thumbs up thanks everyone

Thanks everyone. To say it has been a weird year is an understatement. Island, your comm grant experience was a big help. Along with Onebugle.

Dusty, Looking forward to seeing you in Tampa and Andy, if you can make it I have a lot of topics to discuss with you. Need to discuss them whether you come to Tampa or not.

Am getting ready to do another rant again about Obama's proposed taking of funding from the 2011 AFG. We were warned to keep our attention on this possibility and it looks like its coming through. The fire caucus newsletter is becoming disheartning everytime it comes out now.

Will begin the rant a little later on. I need to thank Mr K. Bradley for all his involvement. Extra efforts and phone calls for me have meant a lot.

MembersZone Subscriber

Congratulation Jim on the regional grant. Donít know how you got all the departments to agree. I think we better enjoy these grants before it comes to an end. If they keep printing money like its toilet paper, I am afraid that is all it will be worth.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dfd701 View Post
    Congratulation Jim on the regional grant. Donít know how you got all the departments to agree. I think we better enjoy these grants before it comes to an end. If they keep printing money like its toilet paper, I am afraid that is all it will be worth.
    1.2 trillion dollars!!!! Beginning last May or whenever they began attacking the health insurance companies. Could hardly believe it. Its almost guaranteed to cause inflation all by itself. Makes one wonder how this cash is going to be distributed differently from the norm. No wonder the administration said "Look over there at the health insurance companies bonuses, not over here where we're printing the money." This was a slight of hand maneuver that they got the TV network news to perform for them.

Keep your eye on them dfd701. Something is going on here.

Forum Member

Anyone care to share their awarded grant narrative for a mobile compressor..? I have my narrative almost complete and would like to compare the two..Thanks in advance,
    accesslocks@sbcglobal.net

Forum Member

We made round two also! Pretty much Christmas around here! We got $103k for nice long list of must haves. Will greatly improve our situation right now considering what the city thinks we need to run a department.

Turnouts
    SCBA
    Stabilization Gear
    Air Bags
    Fill station
    Radios
    Training for 5 Fire I classes

Cool part is day before we got word we got the AFG nod we got word of $12k of second round money from the state forest service for wildland equipment. It was a 20 second conversation and the powers that be gave me enough funds for pagers and new shelters for over half the department. Turns out not very many took the time to even apply. We only got $7800 in the first round! Thank goodness for 2nd round money and those who think it isn't worth the time!

Forum Member

Congrats on your award. Certainly not the norm to hit such a random list of stuff. Might want to say an extra thank you prayer tonight and don't gamble so much on next year's application.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Station40 View Post
    We made round two also! Pretty much Christmas around here! We got $103k for nice long list of must haves. Will greatly improve our situation right now considering what the city thinks we need to run a department.

Turnouts
    SCBA
    Stabilization Gear
    Air Bags
    Fill station
    Radios
    Training for 5 Fire I classes

Cool part is day before we got word we got the AFG nod we got word of $12k of second round money from the state forest service for wildland equipment. It was a 20 second conversation and the powers that be gave me enough funds for pagers and new shelters for over half the department. Turns out not very many took the time to even apply. We only got $7800 in the first round! Thank goodness for 2nd round money and those who think it isn't worth the time!
    Yes congratulations!, and Sly is probably right.

Good job on securing funding for your department.

MembersZone Subscriber

Thanks everyone. To say it has been a weird year is an understatement. Island, your comm grant experience was a big help. Along with Onebugle.

Dusty, Looking forward to seeing you in Tampa and Andy, if you can make it I have a lot of topics to discuss with you. Need to discuss them whether you come to Tampa or not.

Am getting ready to do another rant again about Obama's proposed taking of funding from the 2011 AFG. We were warned to keep our attention on this possibility and it looks like its coming through. The fire caucus newsletter is becoming disheartning everytime it comes out now.

Will begin the rant a little later on. I need to thank Mr K. Bradley for all his involvement. Extra efforts and phone calls for me have meant a lot.
    Jim,

I won't be able to attend Tampa this year. Send an email on the topics to be discussed when you are ready.

Thread Information