Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bids

Forum Member

Default Bids

Does anyone have an example of a bid that will need to be advertised for turnout gear? And how long does it have to be advertised before they are opened and awarded? Thanks

Forum Member

Default bid spec

send me your email and I will send you what I use....
    accesslocks@sbcglobal.net Check with your governing body on timeline requirements and advertising methods/past practices...
    David
    Last edited by accesslocks; 02-05-2010 at 09:15 AM.

Forum Member

looking for same leedsfighting17@yahoo.com

Forum Member

Default bids

Do you actually have to post for bid submissions or can you get quotes from your local vendors and choose from them?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by jasnic0510 View Post
    Do you actually have to post for bid submissions or can you get quotes from your local vendors and choose from them?
    That depends on your local procurement policies. DHS wants a competitive process which may be getting quotes from various sources. IF your local bid requirements are more restrictive (for example if it's something like purchases over $xx,000 must be advertised)--then that needs to happen.

earl

MembersZone Subscriber

I am looking for a clarification on question regarding State Bid process. If the item that you wish to go after is on state bid, and in your local procurement policy it is allowable to buy from state bid, is this in line with FEMA requirements?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by cctrtlt2 View Post
    I am looking for a clarification on question regarding State Bid process. If the item that you wish to go after is on state bid, and in your local procurement policy it is allowable to buy from state bid, is this in line with FEMA requirements?
    As long as it is at or below NYS bid price then it is fine. I would however suggest actually getting a copy of that bid from the ogs website. We usually still get at least three bids and make sure the vendors know that you are getting other bids. We have found we can usually do considerablly better than state bid.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by cctrtlt2 View Post
    You mean state contract pricing, right?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jam24u View Post
    You mean state contract pricing, right?
    In New York, at least my area, we have always referred to it as state bid price, but you are correct it is state contract pricing.

While that may be the case, I've nearly always found that competitive bidding will get you lower that the 'standard' state contract price... I normally use state contract pricing (and estimate shipping) for my grant request pricing (because I know I can get it for at least that price) and then have the vendors bid, which gives me better prices and a little 'extra' money to enhance the project... Just my $.02...

Forum Member

Default Staying out of the bidding process

I'm having second thoughts about sending out notifications to bid on our regional communicatations award.

There are so many items that come into play with this application, so to keep my sanity from fielding phone calls every hour, even with sealed bid process, am seriously planning on going with the state contract pricing from one vendor. Am going to have a large excess funds as it is.

My available time now seems to be the determining factor. With a period of performance of one year and other grant maintenance pressures along with department schedules, I decided to take advantage of eliminating a block of increased demands on my time. Get with the one approved vendor and have him confirm in writing he can complete the project.

I wonder why performance bonds are not required for communications projects anyway?

Anyway its a value per time issue now and any bid process could seriously affect the period of performance factor and my time availability now. I'm not that adept at grant time management. A little too careful touching all the bases I guess.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jam24u View Post
    I wonder why performance bonds are not required for communications projects anyway?
    Even though DHS doesn't require it is there any reason you can't make it requirement for the winning bidder? Worth looking into with a project like yours Jim, bet somebody here knows.

Forum Member

Well, A lot of the performance has to do with the awardee having agreements and contracts in place that does not involve the vendor. Tower agreements, FCC licensing, etc. If those are not in placeStill instead of a performance bond a written agreement about the scope of the work would not be out of line.

We have verbal agreements in general, but have agreed to set up a written contract to be signed at a meeting on Feb. 23rd right after Michael Paddocks AFG webinar finishing at 2:00pm central.

Forum Member

Default Performance Penalty Clause

We got screwed buying wildland gear last year from a certain vendor that stated "everything was in stock".... it took us 7 months to receive everything that we ordered... so here is what we included with out PPE bids this year, our city treasurer and city manager thought it was a great idea after the last go round...

PERFORMANCE CLAUSE - LATE DELIVERY PENALTY Ė
    The bid shall include a date specific for delivery of the structural fire boots. Non-delivery by the vendors guaranteed date will require a penalty for non-performance that is no less than $50.00 per calendar day until the vendor can deliver the structural leather fire boots as ordered to the customer. Delivery is not acceptable unless the structural fire boots ordered are delivered complete, no partial deliveries will be accepted.

Everyone, feel free to use this if you want... David

Forum Member

Default Questions about Ambulance bids

Hi everyone,

How long do you have to give the vendors to bid?

Also, we just got another price estimate today (which we were going to use to appeal the reduction, but too late now). Anyways, it was $131,000 for a 2010 E-450 6L Diesel AEV 4x4 Type III ambulance. Roadrescue gave us a quote for a 2009 E-450 6L Diesel Road Rescue 4x4 Type III for $162,000. Both ambulances are exactly the same size, and neither price includes lettering, radio installation, etc.

Why is there so much difference in price? They are practically the same ambulance.
    Last edited by medstudent13; 02-25-2010 at 07:50 PM. Reason: Sly's eye

Road Rescue is just simply one of the more expensive manufacturers in comparison to AEV.

I assume you mean lettering is not included in the price? (Paint should be included on all vehicles)

You should be able to get your lettering thrown in when it comes time to nitpick pricing and having your antennas and power connections pre-wired to the console will save money for your radio installation at a very minimal cost to the builder.

You're now within $6,000 of your award amount. Since you'll get $118,750 on the award plus your matching costs, you only need to come up with about $13,000. It would seem to me that you could figure a way somehow to make this work. (You could take out a loan only to pay it off using the next 2 years State Fire Commissioner's grant program money)

Forum Member

Ooops. Yes I mean lettering.

About the cost: Our current ambulance has a trade in value of about $8,000. So, $131,000 is in our price range.

Could someone rank the vendors? Also, does the price difference mean Road Rescue is better than AEV? Or, is it like buying a brand name vs. generic drug where they are the exact same thing just with a different name printed on it?
    Last edited by medstudent13; 02-25-2010 at 07:53 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber WJVaughn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by medstudent13 View Post
    Ooops. Yes I mean lettering.

About the cost: Our current ambulance has a trade in value of about $8,000. So, $131,000 is in our price range.

Could someone rank the vendors? Also, does the price difference mean Road Rescue is better than AEV? Or, is it like buying a brand name vs. generic drug where they are the exact same thing just with a different name printed on it?
    It can be like that at times (reference batwings)but while I have never worked out of a road rescue I currently work out of AEV's on my side job and they seem to holding up to daily abuse quite well.

I've worked in Road Rescues, MedTech's, Brauns, PL Customs, Wheel Coaches, etc. but the bus I loved the best was my 1990 AEV Trauma hawk van (type 2) My partner and I put half of the 200,000 miles on it before we were promoted to other responsibilities (and we only were in it 36 hours a week!)

I'm a little partial to the AEV's, but personally I think they are the best. Second best in my opinion is the Wheel Coach boxes. I absolutely despised the MedTech's and the Road Rescue we had, and I think the brand new PL was a waste of funds (almost 25% over the price of the AEV) but I am not the deciding factor.

Moral of the story: have the vendors bring a demo over to really look it over, drive it, etc. Then hammer them down on the pricing (or get them to include things like pre-wiring antennas and power and the lettering) We even got a vendor to throw in a left shoe once (on a joke) but he wanted to make the sale that bad!

Med: check your PM inbox

Thread Information