Thread: Snowplow Grant

Forum Member

Default Snowplow Grant

Anyone know how to get a grant to put a snowplow on the front of our engine? almost at 2 feet and still falling and expect to continue another 18 hours. One of the top 10 snow storms in history per the news people.

Forum Member

No joke...

Got a nice PA DCED grant to pay for this baby last year! (Will be getting a good workout today)

MembersZone Subscriber

Hey SLY4420; Got a call from a friend today from Loudoun Co. F&R she said they are expecting 36” before it is all over. Six inches in Alabama would close us down. I remember the one in March 93 we had 8” and wind 60 mph at times. I am 53 and that was the first time I seen snow and lightning together. That was something.

Forum Member

thats what is goin on there around dc right now...lightning and snow...unreal

MembersZone Subscriber

Sly Start making your way East with that thing!!!!! Leave it to you..... you will find a way to get a grant for a grant Happy Plowing!!!!

Forum Member

Talking

And you Southerners are always making fun of us MAINUHS. I got 18 degrees and sunny today with the brown grass showing. DC has had more snow this winter than Us.

There really is something to global warming, It's sent our snow south . :-}

Forum Member

22" of snow in Philly and hurricane force winds. This is awesome! Although, it wasn't so awesome when I went to the grocery store yesterday and there were no carts left. I also stood in line for an hour waiting to check out.

Forum Member

Talking

It's always amazing how the threat of a storm gets everyone in a panic and they go out and raid the grocery stores. Mass panic in the streets. Up here if it aint 2 feet or more it's " just a dustin"
    I could rent you my 13 hp commercial Ariens snowblower for the week moneyman.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by medstudent13 View Post
    22" of snow in Philly and hurricane force winds. This is awesome! Although, it wasn't so awesome when I went to the grocery store yesterday and there were no carts left. I also stood in line for an hour waiting to check out.
    Amazing when the weather service gives you 3-4 day advance notice and you still waited till the last minutes. Did you expect anything different when at the store.
    Come to the midwest...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Forum Member

To me, Snow is a 4 letter word, and always will be. Maybe God is a little upset with how things are going.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mtndew21 View Post
    Amazing when the weather service gives you 3-4 day advance notice and you still waited till the last minutes. Did you expect anything different when at the store.
    Come to the midwest...
    I was in class 8-5 everyday this week, and it gets dark at 5. If you've ever lived in downtown Philadelphia, you know you shouldn't go walking a half a mile in the dark as a young female. So, I had to wait until yesterday because my friend's boyfriend offered to drive us there. No parking, no carts, no food (extremely picked over). 28" of snow now and still snowing!

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by mtndew21 View Post
    Come to the midwest...
    Holly cow!! mtndew21 is that a train? What is that?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dfd701 View Post
    Holly cow!! mtndew21 is that a train? What is that?
    Saw this in Skagway Alaska last August. Their website, www.wpyr.com shows it in use.
    Could have used it here today, we got 19".
    Steve Dragon
    FFII, Fire Instructor II, Fire Officer I, Fire Appartus Driver Operator Certified
    Volunteers are never "off duty".
    http://www.bufd7.org

MembersZone Subscriber

Got a nice PA DCED grant to pay for this baby last year! (Will be getting a good workout today)

Sly shouldn't this thing be Blue with a Red Light on top??

Forum Member

Well it is lettered but not gonna "dare" desecrate the Kubota orange for the blue.

Red light isn't a bad idea. Would make it easier for me to bring it to my house next time it snows so I don't have to bust my *** with a plastic shovel for 2.5 hours like I did today!

FH Mag/.com Contributor

Reminds me of the week of fun I had sleeping at 79s and running QRS during the 32" blizzard of 96....and how much fun going home and shoveling out 4 driveways was since the lawnmower/plow operation didn't get real far. Not really missing that part of winter, home was 51 today, MA isn't bad with no snow and 25.

Forum Member

Next week I'll be headed "home" for Mardi Gras. EVERYTHING is hotter down there!!! Flying out Wednesday from PHL when Round 2 Snow is supposed to arrive here.

(morgancity...you there?)

Forum Member

Default Snow

We also recieved a new snowplow 3 years ago thanks to funding sources. 28 inches here this weekend put it to good use. Sly, really? No snowblower?

Forum Member

Default how much

How much snow did you get?

Forum Member

26-30" here I believe.

You need a plow for that ramp? Shortest apron in the fire service!

No snowblower here. If I buy one, it will never snow again. If I don't, I'm gonna keep working my way to an early coronary. Lose/lose situation. Need to buy a house closer to the firehouse to use that tractor!

Forum Member

Brian lets not talk about the snow of 96....that was one of the most devastating problems here ever. When it warmed up and melted all that snow...we had a flood that was considered a 100 year flood. We lost lives and homes and land now that you cant be built on anymore cause its in a flood plain now. It was just horrible.

Sly did you really get that on a grant. Wish Maryland had some program like that. Our station sat there til today covered and not touched cause we dont have anything more than a shovel. But the county finally came through and plowed it for us. Would be nice to have something to take care of it ourselves.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyMan29 View Post
    Sly did you really get that on a grant.
    Yes. Ended up getting $20,000 towards the entire project. We replaced our 1978 tractor in 2008 with this one. Total project cost was $36,000 but I'll take 20K for free any day! Financed the rest with a 0% loan which gets paid off this month using fundraisers.

Almost back to living debt free. (On vehicles, at least)

MembersZone Subscriber

I know you guys got bombarded with snow. I have an electric snow blower (similar to the one below) that anyone can borrow. Just come and get it. I'll even throw in the extension cord.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by onebugle View Post
    I know you guys got bombarded with snow. I have an electric snow blower (similar to the one below) that anyone can borrow. Just come and get it. I'll even throw in the extension cord.
    Shoot...i could afford the snowblower, it's 400' of extension cord and 3 hours every time i'd use it that would be a killer!!

earl

MembersZone Subscriber

Well whenever one of you can find a snowblower to free me out of the frozen city of Rochester I would appreciate it. Yes, stuck again!
    Kurt Bradley
    Public Safety Grants Consultant

"Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Thread Information