Forum Member

Default wanting to be a chaplin.

i am 16 years old, and i am looking to be a fire chaplain once i get out of the explorer post any ideas of what i need to start with?

Forum Member

Default Looking to be a Chaplin

First things first--Got to be British(first model was built in England)

Bowler hat(think you call them Derby's)

Baggy trousers

Little moustache(like Hitler's)

Bendy walking cane

Not able to talk
    "If you thought it was hard getting into the job--wait until you have to hang the "fire gear"up and walk away!"
    Harry Lauder 1981.Me on the left!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tooanfrom View Post
    First things first--Got to be British(first model was built in England)

Bowler hat(think you call them Derby's)

Baggy trousers

Little moustache(like Hitler's)

Bendy walking cane

Not able to talk
    do you care to explain what the crap that is?

Forum Member

Your title is spelled 'Chaplin' as in Charlie.....

The body of your message is spelled correctly for what you are asking.....looks like a little humor.

Here is a link for you - http://firechaplains.org/ - your State may have an organization also that you can contact. http://firechaplain.net/default.aspx

Forum Member

Sod it, Pasobuff, you have spoilt what could have very entertaining--much like the Chaplin man himself.
    "If you thought it was hard getting into the job--wait until you have to hang the "fire gear"up and walk away!"

Savage / Hyneman 08'

Quote Originally Posted by RS1606 View Post
    i am 16 years old, and i am looking to be a fire chaplain once i get out of the explorer post any ideas of what i need to start with?
    I can't tell you what to do to get started, but I can tell you that we put on a chaplain last year, and he has been a great addition to the dept. I'm glad to see a person wanting to do the job.
    We do not rise to the occasion. We fall back to our level of training.

MembersZone Subscriber

We're a large small dept (about 130 paid career members) and we have 5 Chaplains, but they are all volunteer. I don't believe any of them have fire certifications, but they are all ordained by their particular beliefs and conduct services at their churches. I'd suggest looking around at the departments in your area (or the area you want to work) and find our which ones have career Chaplain positions. Then contact those depts and find out what they require.

Our Chaplains show up at public events (graduations, dept parties, pictures, etc) and dedications (vehicles, stations, etc.). They are also on call to conduct CISM debriefs or if families involved in an incident (Fire, severe EMS) and request someone to talk to.

Forum Member

ok thank yall

Forum Member

First of all, go to the teacher in which tried their best to teach you proper English and spelling and smack the mess out of them.

Then remain in school and pay attention to what they are trying their best to get into your head.

Also try searching the correct spelling of Chaplain.

The last requirement I saw was that they should be a member of the Clergy and or a Deacon in the Church.

Why would you think a young high school still wet all over is going to be a Chaplain and have that responsibly??

Check this out.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=64511671054
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptOldTimer View Post
    First of all, go to the teacher in which tried their best to teach you proper English and spelling and smack the mess out of them.

Then remain in school and pay attention to what they are trying their best to get into your head.

Also try searching the correct spelling of Chaplain.

The last requirement I saw was that they should be a member of the Clergy and or a Deacon in the Church.

Why would you think a young high school still wet all over is going to be a Chaplain and have that responsibly??

Check this out.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=64511671054
    sorry i use my farm grammer. its what ive grown up useing im trying to use better grammer. but sir i have alot of respect for God and i know for a fact that his calling is for me to be a chaplain. so thank all of you for the advice, and God bless all.

Forum Member

Exclamation

What gives young man??

You say in here that you want to be a Chaplain. In another one you say you want to be a Arson Investigator!

Others hreads you are saying that you are just 16 and are affiliated with the city, county and rescue squad and want to get hired by some fire department.

Come on guy, most everyone in her has more time waiting for their check or eating in a fire house than you have been living. Please don't try to bs everyone as we can see right through you.

Forum Member

i realy wana do chaplin, and arson. and yea im in 3 explorer post, city county, and rescue squad. im also about to join ORFD if they get one started.
    Firefighters need not fear fire, but give it all their respect.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnee View Post
    What gives young man??

You say in here that you want to be a Chaplain. In another one you say you want to be a Arson Investigator!

Others hreads you are saying that you are just 16 and are affiliated with the city, county and rescue squad and want to get hired by some fire department.

Come on guy, most everyone in her has more time waiting for their check or eating in a fire house than you have been living. Please don't try to bs everyone as we can see right through you.
    and im not trying to be a jerk, but dose it bother you that i want to be very involved with things in the fire department? you should be glad that some one is willing to do this, it is people like you that make others hate fire fighters, we dont need some stuck up old timer thinking that a 17 year old can not do any thing to be involved in the FD. well you know what? I am tierd of it ok! i honestly am done with all the crap that people like you give! What you need to do is keep your opinions and thoughts to your self, if you cant be happy with some one wanting to be all they can be for this job than you have no right to be a fire fighter! have a great day. God bless.

Forum Member

Frightening--absobloodylutly frightening, that somewhere possibly in the future our young God bothering Bible basher ,will be inflicted on a unsuspecting public.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tooanfrom View Post
    Frightening--absobloodylutly frightening, that somewhere possibly in the future our young God bothering Bible basher ,will be inflicted on a unsuspecting public.
    and how sir am I a God bothering bible basher?
    Last edited by RS1606; 04-19-2010 at 11:08 AM.

Forum Member

and im not trying to be a jerk, but dose it bother you that i want to be very involved with things in the fire department? you should be glad that some one is willing to do this, it is people like you that make others hate fire fighters, we dont need some stuck up old timer thinking that a 17 year old can not do any thing to be involved in the FD. well you know what? I am tierd of it ok! i honestly am done with all the crap that people like you give! What you need to do is keep your opinions and thoughts to yourself, if you cant be happy with some one wanting to be all they can be for this job than you have no right to be a fire fighter! have a great day. God bless.

Well Skippy, When I was 17 I graduated from high school and three weeks later enlisted in the Army. After serving for three years and nearly had my butt shot off several times, I returned home and got a job working in a plant! About two years or so later I was hired by a fire department and in maybe two more years I will retired.

Yes I am one of the old timers, but sonny boy, I earn it!

I have nothing against 16 or 17 years old. They just need to serve their time before trying to be something that they may never be. I assumed that you know that to be a Chaplain you should be a member of the clergy? Plus you right off the box wanting to be an arson investigator, well good luck if you can and do. I was certified about 15 years ago one and that is after I had been on the job for 15 or so years.

You are still wet behind the ears and with you little boy , I want to do this, attitude, you will have a very hard time if you ever get hired by a career department running your mouth off as you are now.

My advice, open your ears, pay attention to what Firefighters say and keep your mouth shut and your opinions to yourself as of now they do not mean squat to anyone.

Also, please learn proper grammar and spelling as yours is terrible for the age that you say you are. The school you attend I know aren't that backward! I know as I grew up in Sevierville!

Oh yes, one more thing, I won't bother myself answering any more of your silly postings!

Forum Member

[QUOTE=Jonnee;1168903]Well Skippy, When I was 17 I graduated from high school and three weeks later enlisted in the Army. After serving for three years and nearly had my butt shot off several times, I returned home and got a job working in a plant! About two years or so later I was hired by a fire department and in maybe two more years I will retired.

Yes I am one of the old timers, but sonny boy, I earn it!

I assumed that you know that to be a Chaplain you should be a member of the clergy? Plus you right off the box wanting to be an arson investigator

You are still wet behind the ears and with you little boy , I want to do this, attitude, you will have a very hard time if you ever get hired by a career department running your mouth off as you are now.

My advice, open your ears, pay attention to what Firefighters say and keep your mouth shut and your opinions to yourself as of now they do not mean squat to anyone.
    QUOTE]

I am working hard on my Grammer, and i am also working hard on keeping my aditude in check, but as far as the clergy goes, for the TAC. you just go to classes to become a chaplin, your church just has to sponsor you. i am also wanting to go to Arson SCHOOL. im not trying to be one right off the get go, i realy am sorry for my come apart on you as i realy am trying to get that in control.

Forum Member

Bible basher/God botherer--look it up in Google. Like Jonnee I am a stuck up don't know anything old timer--do not know how I managed to get paid by the dept for all those years --must be the good looks!

May I suggest a solution to your quandary in being unable to get some semblance of order in your grammar and spelling?

Enter a monastery, hand copy by pen and ink every book you can find on religion--start easy 10xcopies of the Bible /5xcopies Koran/ 5xcopies Hindu/5xcopies anything on Buddha--finally have a go at my religion-Wicca /Cernunnos/Herne the Hunter--you will certainly be better tutored and it will all have be done by you.

Must admit I have a grudging respect for old time religion--Lions 5 --Christians -Nil --really had to be a believer back then

Forum Member

also read my above post

MembersZone Subscriber

Having a Pastor on my department, not sure I would want a Chaplain who "just took some classes". There is a whole lot more to it than that.

Forum Member

i mean, classes get me as an asst. chaplain. after helping out for a few years, or untill the chaplin decides to leave then after that i become chaplain, its a min of 3 years as an asst. chaplain.

Thread Information