Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Not a coward.

Forum Member

Default Not a coward.

My sincerest condolences goes out to Brother Jacobson and his family. I wish him a speedy recovery from his injuries, which will pale in comparison to the anguish of losing his child. May he rest easy in knowing that he did the right thing, and at least tried.

An off duty Leavenworth (KS) FD Driver/Operator sustained serious burns while attempting to rescue his 5 year old daughter from their own house fire last night around 1700 hours. The FF was at home and of course was not wearing any PPE. I was personally in Leavenworth last week and FF Mark Jacobson was on the shift that was on duty and present in the program. FF Jacobson's 5 year old Daughter was killed in this tragic fire.

Mark's son (13), along with Mark and his wife were transported to the hospital and are recovering. Another daughter (8) escaped with minor injuries and is being cared for by family members. The family was at home at the time of the fire. LFD Driver/Operator Mark Jacobson smelled smoke and investigated. He found an upstairs bedroom charged with smoke and made several attempts to search the room but was unable to find her. The fire at this point had taken off and he continued to search for his child but was unable to. Members of Leavenworth County Fire District # 1 with mutual aid from the City of Leavenworth FD were quickly able to extinguish the fire. After extinguishing the fire they did find Brother Jacobsons daughter in the bedroom. The home did have working smoke detectors in the hallways but the child's room door was closed when the fire started. Our hearts and deepest prayers go out to the family and the members of both LCFD 1 and especially the LFD during this horrible time
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Forum Member

Condolences to the brother and His family as well.
    IAFF

Forum Member

Wishes for a healthy recovery and condolences go out to Brother Mark Jacobson and his family on the loss of their angel.

Forum Member

Thoughts and Prayers for Brother Jacobson and his family in this unimaginable time of grief. What a terrible story. Please keep us updated if there is any type of benefit set up.

Forum Member

This is just unimaginable. RIP Brother.

Forum Member

Wow:

Baiting at the expense of someone else's unimaginably horrific tragedy. Very firemanly.

And to deny it's baiting would be the definition of weakness and crawfishing.

Dispicable. Utterly nauseating and dispicable.

I offer sincere condolences but just as sincerely protest the subtext of the OP.

MembersZone Subscriber

Unhappy

How terrible. Couldn't even begin to imagine what he and his family are going through. God bless you Brother Jacobson. I'll keep you and your family in my prayers.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by safdkiltie View Post
    Wow:

Baiting at the expense of someone else's unimaginably horrific tragedy. Very firemanly.

I offer sincere condolences but just as sincerely protest the subtext of the OP.
    I don't deny it at all. I brought this to everyones attention as the senerio has presented itself numerous times, as in "what would you do...yadda yadda...." and the person which this was presented to always posts that "he would not extend himself for his own family nor would he expect anyone else to extend themselves for his family." What is more dispicable- the fact that this pathetic excuse for a human being not only thinks this way but openly brags about it, or the fact that I call him out on it? If you don't like it I am sorry. Move on, ignore me, report the post, do what you must. I will continue to call the cowards of this world out on the carpet.

Forum Member
    Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee

Wow:

It is a free country. If you don't like the topic move on. No one forced you to read it.
    Crazy, but that's how it goes
    Millions of people living as foes
    Maybe it's not too late
    To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

Forum Member

I do not protest the sympathy of the OP, but the citation of a fresh, actual example ( concerning a "brother", to boot ) is beyond the pale.

I won't carry on about it anymore without provocation, and I'm not the type of guy to ask it be removed. It's for a person to make his own decision. I felt too strongly to simply ignore it, though. It doesn't mean we can't be friends -heh - I just gotta say, I think it's incredibly poor judgement. Had to write it down, in fact.
    Stay safe, and God watch over all of our families.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    It is a free country. If you don't like the topic move on. No one forced you to read it.
    Sssshhhhhhhhhhhh...night, night...

Forum Member

I can't imagine a incident more tragic, more horrifying, and harder to live with than knowing your child is in that fire room and simply not being able to do a damn thing to save them.

I honor the courage, and bravery, of the father for his heroic attempts. I wish for him a speedy recovery and all the comfort and support that he needs to help him try to cope with the loss of his baby girl.
    Maybe it's not too late

Forum Member

Sssshhhhhhhhhhhh...night, night...
    Yeah, whatever cupcake.
    Maybe it's not too late

MembersZone Subscriber

Very tragic. I cannot even begin to imagine the pain of his loss.

My prayers go out to him and his family.
    Jason Knecht
    Assistant Chief
    Altoona Fire Dept.
    Altoona, WI

IACOJ - Director of Cheese and Whine
    http://www.cheddarvision.tv/
    EAT CHEESE OR DIE!!

MembersZone Subscriber

Our prayers, thoughts and condolences to FF Jacobson, his family and colleagues.
    FWDBuff, its truly unprofessionsl and in extremely poor taste to bring up anothers tragic loss to advance your own agenda against another poster on here.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BryanLoader View Post
    Our prayers, thoughts and condolences to FF Jacobson, his family and colleagues.
    FWDBuff, its truly unprofessionsl and in extremely poor taste to bring up anothers tragic loss to advance your own agenda against another poster on here.
    Yeah and the same exact thing could be stated to the three members of the trifecta. Or is it the three stooges?

Forum Member

Bring it to our attention so that we may share in our brothers grief. Bring it to our attention to remind us of why we do this job and who we do this for. But, for the sake of our brother, leave it at that. Do not allow anyone to drag you down to their level. It is beneath us and our profession.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BryanLoader View Post
    I concur with all of the above.
    I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth, in fact, because I was born in Kentucky.
    ― Hunter S. Thompson

Forum Member

Edited, not because I don't believe in what I said, but out of respect to Brother Mark Jacobson, and in compassion for the loss of his daughter.
    Last edited by FyredUp; 02-09-2010 at 03:28 PM.
    Maybe it's not too late

Back In Black

My heart and thoughts go to the brother and his family.

I cannot imagine the pain the comes with losing a child.
    I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

"The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

Forum Member

Let's see if I have this right...

We can have members of the trifecta post LODD stories and blame the firefighter for his own death even before the body is cold and how many of you hypocrites here call them on it? We can have members of the trifecta post ridiculous excuses for why they won't even ATTEMPT a rescue off duty and how many of you hypocrites call them on it? We can have one member of the trifecta who says he could live with the death of his family but not with the death of a rescuer in the attempt to save them and how many of you hypocrites called him on it?

Just shaking my head at the amazing hypocrisy.
    Bing-Freaking-O!

MembersZone Subscriber

Let's see if I have this right...

We can have members of the trifecta post LODD stories and blame the firefighter for his own death even before the body is cold and how many of you hypocrites here call them on it? We can have members of the trifecta post ridiculous excuses for why they won't even ATTEMPT a rescue off duty and how many of you hypocrites call them on it? We can have one member of the trifecta who says he could live with the death of his family but not with the death of a rescuer in the attempt to save them and how many of you hypocrites called him on it?

Just shaking my head at the amazing hypocrisy.
    Just so I get this straight Fyred, Are you telling me that I have ever rejoiced or criticised any member for their actions in a situation similar to this? If you want to state I am a member of some imaginary trifecta, please have the guts to do so. To infer it is plain gutless. If you want to come out and say it, do so and quit hiding behind your phony bull.
    Bryan

Forum Member

My thoughts and prayers are with the family....

As for you guys bickering in this post.... I man has just lost his daughter and you choose here to pick your battles? Please show some respect for our brothers loss.

Stay Safe!
    Firefighter/EMT 712
    NREMT
    Gifford Fire And Rescue
    6 month Probie
    Medic Student

Forum Member

Edited because my dispute with Bryan Loader does not belong in this topic.
    Last edited by FyredUp; 02-09-2010 at 03:30 PM.
    Maybe it's not too late

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainGonzo View Post
    Wishes for a healthy recovery and condolences go out to Brother Mark Jacobson and his family on the loss of their angel.
    No matter what was said in the original post, or what was intended, this is the message that needs to go out. This family lost not only their home but also a small child. Nothing can replace that. My condolences go out to the brother and his family at this tragic time.
    Andy

IACOJ

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information