Forum Member

Talking Looking for equipment narrative

Yeah, looking for someone to share an awarded equipment narrative that may have included items like hose, nozzles, thermal imagers, pressure fans, etc.

A narrative similar to something like that.

And I am thanking you in advance. jam24u@windstream.net

Forum Member

Looking for anyone out there that has been awarded rescue equipment. I have started on our 2010 grant and looking for any information that will help me put together a winning narrative. Not looking for the whole narrative, just some good points to help explain our need.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by chief1120 View Post
    Looking for anyone out there that has been awarded rescue equipment. I have started on our 2010 grant and looking for any information that will help me put together a winning narrative. Not looking for the whole narrative, just some good points to help explain our need.
    What type of rescue equipment are you looking for?

Forum Member

Cutters, spreaders, rams, power unit, stablizers, etc.

Forum Member

Hey thanks everybody. The brotherhood of cooperation here is inspiring to see and experience.

Networking,,,, Terrific!

Forum Member

Cutters, spreaders, rams, power unit, stablizers, etc.
    Hey Chief. Check your private messages. I need your email address.

Kelly

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by jam24u View Post
    Yeah, looking for someone to share an awarded equipment narrative that may have included items like hose, nozzles, thermal imagers, pressure fans, etc.

Sent you an email with a couple.

One thing you'll note on mine is that I did broke things apart and did water supply equipment one year and fire attack equipment the next. Tried to keep it a theme and resolve a total problem with each project.

Forum Member

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Catch22 View Post
    Sent you an email with a couple.

One thing you'll note on mine is that I did broke things apart and did water supply equipment one year and fire attack equipment the next. Tried to keep it a theme and resolve a total problem with each project.
    Thanks Catch,

Without having a chance to read them yet, do you advise making them a two year project so one compliments the other or doing them all in one years application?

MembersZone Subscriber

Chief,

I sent an email.

Forum Member

It should be there Chief. Good Luck.

Kelly

MembersZone Subscriber

Thanks Catch,

Without having a chance to read them yet, do you advise making them a two year project so one compliments the other or doing them all in one years application?
    When you see what all I asked for, you'll understand why I split them up, as it prevented it from being a "shopping cart" project if I did both at the same time. Plus, explaining the need and all for everything in one package would have been a nightmare. I figured working on water supply one year and then doing the fire attack the next was the best way to go. The water supply was our priority, anyway.

Forum Member

Default una mas

Quote Originally Posted by Catch22 View Post
    When you see what all I asked for, you'll understand why I split them up, as it prevented it from being a "shopping cart" project if I did both at the same time. Plus, explaining the need and all for everything in one package would have been a nightmare. I figured working on water supply one year and then doing the fire attack the next was the best way to go. The water supply was our priority, anyway.
    Catch,

The email did not come through.

would you try again. jam24u@windstream.net

MembersZone Subscriber

Catch,

The email did not come through.

would you try again. jam24u@windstream.net
    Tried it again through a different email. I'm at work and only have online access to my personal emails. The one I used this time is a windstream account, too. Maybe that'll help it go through.

MembersZone Subscriber

Jim,

What are you trying to accomplish as the list is wide ranging?

Forum Member

Looking for a TIC narrative. email me at williams_sy@hotmail.com

thanks

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by onebugle View Post
    Jim,

What are you trying to accomplish as the list is wide ranging?
    Well, my small town is about 80% covered by hydrants, but our largest hose is 2.5 inch. and all over 21 years old. I need to get some supply hose in 5" and of course new 2.5 inch and in our fire attacks begin using 2.5 inch instead of only using 1 3/4 only.

Will allow me to connect with next mutual aid. Increase our water capacity.
    Our last structure fire we did not have a TIC and responded to a kitchen fire. Put it out. Did an interior wall search, but 31 hours later at 1:00am, toned out at same location and found it fully involved. I felt the need for TIC before then and feel desperate for it now, since it could possibly have detected a missed hot spot or helped determine if the fire was intentionally started. It seemed suspicious to everyone.

Am desperate to get this department more currrent and capable before I phase out.
    Last edited by jam24u; 02-15-2010 at 09:38 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Until we got our tic donated - we used thermometers like this

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=96451

To all that want to jump in and cite NFPA, ISO, ABCD, EFJK, all I can say is
    poor people got poor ways. Fact is - they work.

Was it ideal? No - but it was an alternative used properly. Nowhere near as good
    as a TIC, but better than nothing.

Just an idea for a temporary solution until you can get grants for better.

MembersZone Subscriber

For as little as a TIC is nowadays (seems like you can get a good one for around $5K), you might be able to obtain the funding locally. Get together with some of the insurance agents and tell them how much money you can save them in overhaul damage if you have one.

The first year we had ours I specifically asked adjusters about how much it would have added had we overhauled blindly and kept a running log. I don't remember the number exactly (it was '04 or '05), but it was a bit over $100K for that year. The insurance agents loved us.

Reinforcing that on that one incident you would have paid for numerous TIC's might help.

I'm actually kicking around doing the same thing to try to get a second. You might also take a look at

You might also look into Operation Thermal Reunion, an organization out of KC that's dedicated to getting TIC's to FD's.
    Last edited by Catch22; 02-15-2010 at 11:22 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Our TI is absolutely the best piece of equipment we have. Got ours on a CEDAP grant a few years ago. No matching $ ether. We did have to go down to Orlando for a two day training class all paid for. Oh itís a hard job but somebody had to do it. Needless to say we didnít have a problem getting volunteers to go. I am trying to get the transmitter and receiver so we can watch what the entree team seesís at the CP on a screen. Now I would love to get that but kind of pricey though. We use it a time or two on MVAís where the drunk thinks it was someone else in the car and canít find them. I have loaned it out to the drug task force. They wanted one bad. Hope you all get one because you wonder how you made it without one for so long.

Forum Member

Hey Catch, do you care to send the water supply one my way. I will also be looking for some ideas for a compressor, fill station and cascade if anyone is willing to share.

hickboy76@yahoo.com

Thanks

I hated to see a shopping list grant come through review, as did all of the others who I sat with.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Limeforever View Post
    Hey Catch, do you care to send the water supply one my way. I will also be looking for some ideas for a compressor, fill station and cascade if anyone is willing to share.

hickboy76@yahoo.com

Thanks

I hated to see a shopping list grant come through review, as did all of the others who I sat with.
    It's on the way.

MembersZone Subscriber

Well, my small town is about 80% covered by hydrants, but our largest hose is 2.5 inch. and all over 21 years old. I need to get some supply hose in 5" and of course new 2.5 inch and in our fire attacks begin using 2.5 inch instead of only using 1 3/4 only.

Will allow me to connect with next mutual aid. Increase our water capacity.
    Our last structure fire we did not have a TIC and responded to a kitchen fire. Put it out. Did an interior wall search, but 31 hours later at 1:00am, toned out at same location and found it fully involved. I felt the need for TIC before then and feel desperate for it now, since it could possibly have detected a missed hot spot or helped determine if the fire was intentionally started. It seemed suspicious to everyone.

Am desperate to get this department more currrent and capable before I phase out.
    Jim,

You may want to look at the water supply issue globally vs. just with your next mutual aid department. Are other departments using 5" or 2.5" for supply hose? If others are using something other than 5" supply hose, just having interoperability with one department doesn't solve the entire problem. Might look at a regional grant for the water supply issue.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by onebugle View Post
    Jim,

You may want to look at the water supply issue globally vs. just with your next mutual aid department. Are other departments using 5" or 2.5" for supply hose? If others are using something other than 5" supply hose, just having interoperability with one department doesn't solve the entire problem. Might look at a regional grant for the water supply issue.
    Hopefully, if that's Jim's situation, he can talk his neighbors into such a thing. I tried it before we went on our own and I quickly found that apparently you can use LDH in the rural setting. Who knew? But, I'm gonna try to use it anyway.

We haven't got to use it much other than transferring water from our 6,000 gallon tanker to the attack engine, but even in that situation it's a LOT better than 2 1/2" hose.

Forum Member

Default Any help would be great!

I am looking for some successful narratives for Jaws of Life's and SBCA's. Our Jaws are 17 years old and literally not cutting it sometimes and our airpacks are first generation 2.2's Any help would be appreciated.
    Jeremy Rodecap
    Assistant Chief
    Jefferson County Fire District # 3
    email address : firemedic301@yahoo.com

Thread Information