Forum Member

Default Firefighter exchange

Are there any fire departments, preferably in Hawaii that would like to start a firefighter exchange program? We can start today. I am ready to fly out, and our guys will pick up your firefighter in our plow truck. The program will end in early June, or when the snow has melted.
    Departments from the NorthEast need not apply. Please note the current temperature and golf course conditions in your application. Im sure we can find a grant out there somewhere for this program.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Attack6 View Post
    Are there any fire departments, preferably in Hawaii that would like to start a firefighter exchange program? We can start today. I am ready to fly out, and our guys will pick up your firefighter in our plow truck. The program will end in early June, or when the snow has melted.
    Departments from the NorthEast need not apply. Please note the current temperature and golf course conditions in your application. Im sure we can find a grant out there somewhere for this program.
    Dude,

You gotta be able to get to an airport and fly out from underneath all that snow. However I can take your place without complications. You made a wise decision.

Forum Member

Talking

Now thats just too funny!

As a point of clarification: The snow has NOT been falling in the North East. It's been falling in the mid South. Yes Pennsylvania is the mid South. The North East starts above Boston and we don't have any snow up here. DC has had more Snow than most of Maine this Year. I was out raking leaves and pine cones on my lawn yesterday.

The only time that I've had to pull the snowblower out this winter ,was when Kurt came to visit in NH.

Forum Member

Default Mid South

PA in the Mid South? We consider ourselves northerners, above the Mason Dixon line. No snow in Maine, geez.

Forum Member

PA in the Mid South? We consider ourselves northerners, above the Mason Dixon line. No snow in Maine, geez.
    Island lives on an Island on the Maine coast and they do not count the first 50 inches of snow.

I swear I moving back to the southern tip of Texas again after this winter. Go back to skippering sailboats with near naked spring breakers partying on board.

Global Warming would be the best thing in the world for us, so its guaranteed there is no such thing.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by islandfire03 View Post
    The only time that I've had to pull the snowblower out this winter ,was when Kurt came to visit in NH.
    Yeah, same here.

Sincerely,
    Rama Kon Tiki, Chairman of Grant and Snow Removal Committee
    Fiji Islands VFD

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by jam24u View Post
    Island lives on an Island on the Maine coast and they do not count the first 50 inches of snow.
    So he's raking the leaves and pine cones off the surface of the snow 4 feet ABOVE the grass?? I have a vision of sandals, sunglasses, shorts and a Hawaiian shirt raking the snow--

earl

MembersZone Subscriber

It was 84 yesterday in VA where we are vacationing. Ok......so it was an indoor water park.

Forum Member

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Greenacres2 View Post
    So he's raking the leaves and pine cones off the surface of the snow 4 feet ABOVE the grass?? I have a vision of sandals, sunglasses, shorts and a Hawaiian shirt raking the snow--

earl
    Honest it was the fall raking and clean up I didn't get to back in October. We only have an occasional patch of snow leftover from the Early January blizzards. Mostly where the plow pushed it into piles, and not even much of that. My labradors are very upset that theres no snow to play in anywhere in our yard. They prefer to have 3 feet to romp in.
    I did have sneakers and a short sleeve shirt on while raking. Haven't needed a coat for two weeks.
    If it will make you feel any better the weather guessers are calling for 6-8" tomorrow

Forum Member

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by jam24u View Post
    So far this winter we've had less than 30 inches total compared to our normal 125 inches.
    Most of that was in December and early January. Haven't seen any since the Jan. thaw.

All the storms have been down south of us by 4-500 miles. PA, VA ,MD DEL, NC. all the mid southern states. :-}

FH Mag/.com Contributor

Texas panhandle isn't south enough, Dallas is dealing with 12 inches of snow. Terrible here too, 20mph winds, 50 degrees, sunny....

island, sounds like it's warmer now than when I was in Boothbay in July. Was 40 degrees at night then.

Forum Member

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by BC79er View Post
    Texas panhandle isn't south enough, Dallas is dealing with 12 inches of snow. Terrible here too, 20mph winds, 50 degrees, sunny....

island, sounds like it's warmer now than when I was in Boothbay in July. Was 40 degrees at night then.
    Wow : 12 inches in Dallas !!! They must be in a panic. I lived in Mesquite back in the mid 60's and a couple of inches of snow was enough to declare a state of emergency. Being from New england we just sat back and laughed.
    Days have been in the 40's , nights in the 20's & 30's.
    Last summer was a cold and rainy season.

FH Mag/.com Contributor

The 1 inch we had in Houston in December total gave us about a half inch in the yard so kept my daughter amused making small snowmen for an hour until it all melted away and turned into rain falling. Bread, milk, and eggs were flying off the shelves with everyone panicking around here. Me, I aim for the Pop-tarts and Twinkies during bad weather, stuff never expires so don't need power to stay alive.

MembersZone Subscriber

Tom did you notice I have added Honolulu to my scheudle next month?LOL! Great mionds think alike.
    Kurt Bradley
    Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
    " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Forum Member

Default hmm

Wonder if my station will pay my way to Honolulu?

MembersZone Subscriber

Wonder if my station will pay my way to Honolulu?
    Tampa is a closer alternative!
    Kurt Bradley
    Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
    " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Forum Member

that is too funny.
    Last edited by cheffie; 02-16-2010 at 08:56 PM.

Thread Information