MembersZone Subscriber

Default Equipment Bid Notices and Specs...

I know I am asking a lot here fellas, but I have a big favor to ask. I need a little help with some bid notices and general specs for the following pieces of equipment that will make the AFG folks happy:

SCBAs
    Thermal Imager
    Washer/Extractor
    Cascade/Compressor/Fill Station

I am basically interested in how you format it...not so much specifics, of course, since my needs may be different. So whatever you got, I'll change up all the info (of course). Just need to know how to navigate the language so I won't violate the AFG rules on bidding.

My email is firefighterreb22@hotmail.com

I appreciate the assistance!

Forum Member

Talking

It doesn't need to be super detailed. This can be modified to meet the needs of different equipment.
    Example: Request for proposals
    XYZ fire department is seeking bids from qualified bidders , licensed to do business in the state of XXXXXX for a complete turnkey certified breathing air system to consist of:
    A. Compressor capable of 6000 psi xxx cubic feet per minute.
    B. 3 bottle fill station to be mounted in station.
    C. 8 bottle ASME cascade bank with fill control panel.
    D. All shipping and installation to be included in bid.
    E. Air certification to be completed by third party testing laboratory with certificate
    delivered to purchaser.
    F. All equipment must meet ALL applicable federal, state, & NFPA requirements for high pressure breathing air systems..

Bids to be submitted in triplicate to [contact person] no later than [DATE]
    For further information contact john smith @ xxx-xxx-xxxx

As long as you follow your local purchasing requirements with posting bid request you will be OK. If none exist send this form out to at least three vendors capable of providing the equipment in your area.
    Make sure you maintain a copy of who the RFP was sent to , along with all bids received in your grant folder, for when the feds audit your grant.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by islandfire03 View Post
    It doesn't need to be super detailed. This can be modified to meet the needs of different equipment.
    Example: Request for proposals
    XYZ fire department is seeking bids from qualified bidders , licensed to do business in the state of XXXXXX for a complete turnkey certified breathing air system to consist of:
    A. Compressor capable of 6000 psi xxx cubic feet per minute.
    B. 3 bottle fill station to be mounted in station.
    C. 8 bottle ASME cascade bank with fill control panel.
    D. All shipping and installation to be included in bid.
    E. Air certification to be completed by third party testing laboratory with certificate
    delivered to purchaser.
    F. All equipment must meet ALL applicable federal, state, & NFPA requirements for high pressure breathing air systems..

Bids to be submitted in triplicate to [contact person] no later than [DATE]
    For further information contact john smith @ xxx-xxx-xxxx

As long as you follow your local purchasing requirements with posting bid request you will be OK. If none exist send this form out to at least three vendors capable of providing the equipment in your area.
    Make sure you maintain a copy of who the RFP was sent to , along with all bids received in your grant folder, for when the feds audit your grant.
    Island, thanks for the help. I appreciate it.

Forum Member

Talking

Any time, glad to help.
    As Kurt says: Pay it forward!!
    Share what you've learned with others.

Thread Information