Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by grubbs1102 View Post
    They say great minds think alike, iam pondering on a quick attack also. Catch22 or any others could i get a copy of yalls grant. All the help would be greatly appreciated. williams_sy@hotmail.com

thanks
    grubbs,

i am having trouble with your e address,

pop me an email to jam24u@windstream.net to get a narrative return

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by BC79er View Post
    And yes, this is my first posting.
    Ahhh, new blood...I mean an eager grant writer willing to dive into the wonderful world of writing grants for the AFG.

I wonder what stupid.....I mean intelligent question will they ask of the old wise writers.

1) Why haven't I recieved an 1199A?
    2) Where do I find the 10 q's?
    3) What are grant gurus and what does it mean to me?
    4) What types of drugs should I take during the long agonizing waiting period?
    5) Where do I get my membership card to the "Waiting Room"?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by onebugle View Post
    Ahhh, new blood...I mean an eager grant writer willing to dive into the wonderful world of writing grants for the AFG.

I wonder what stupid.....I mean intelligent question will they ask of the old wise writers.

1) Why haven't I recieved an 1199A?
    2) Where do I find the 10 q's?
    3) What are grant gurus and what does it mean to me?
    4) What types of drugs should I take during the long agonizing waiting period?
    5) Where do I get my membership card to the "Waiting Room"?
    1600 Pennsylvania Av.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by AFDRAS View Post
    Under priority 1 vehicle acquisitions for rural communities there is a listing for Brush/Attack. What are the specific requirements for Brush/Attack. Mainly pump size? tank capacity? Also have volunteer departments been successful in getting grants for Brush/Attack?
    AFDRAS - We were fortunate enough to be selected for a quick attack. Went with NFPA1906. Cap, as others have mentioned, was $125k. Was able to add other stuff thanks to other grants. It is first out on everything except structures. Is wildland capable, has rescue equipment, PTO generator from Ford, nice light tower, and 300 GPM 27hp diesel driven aux pump. Combi tool, 120vac cord, and booster line precon on reels. Can start generator, pump and foam injeciton from cab and can start fighting fire as we roll up with remote nozzle. We thank the good Lord and those on these forums for the help in getting this unit. http://fairplayfire.org/Events.htm

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by dfd701 View Post
    1600 Pennsylvania Av.
    I heard a rumor that's the wrong place to drive by with a cascade and compressor in your truck...

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by firedude801 View Post
    AFDRAS - We were fortunate enough to be selected for a quick attack. Went with NFPA1906. Cap, as others have mentioned, was $125k. Was able to add other stuff thanks to other grants. It is first out on everything except structures. Is wildland capable, has rescue equipment, PTO generator from Ford, nice light tower, and 300 GPM 27hp diesel driven aux pump. Combi tool, 120vac cord, and booster line precon on reels. Can start generator, pump and foam injeciton from cab and can start fighting fire as we roll up with remote nozzle. We thank the good Lord and those on these forums for the help in getting this unit. http://fairplayfire.org/Events.htm
    That's a sharp looking rig! Looks like you've got a lot of the same features we put on ours.

Forum Member

Gee, who knew so many around here got jokes to tell...I can feel the love... But that's the firehouse, it's when they stop busting stones that it's time to worry...

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by BC79er View Post
    Gee, who knew so many around here got jokes to tell...I can feel the love... But that's the firehouse, it's when they stop busting stones that it's time to worry...

You got the new employee's highchair up to a keyboard yet ? Looks like our narrative will need to be updated soon for 2010.

Forum Member

Dude!

Styling truck. Too bad its mine. Give it back.

Where's my Quick Attack/Brush truck 1199 AFG?

Forum Member

Gotta have some faith Rob. Ain't over yet, 2000 apps up for award haven't been touched yet. Sacrifice some more lawyers to the Gods of Funding to help out. It's OK to use lawyers, they're a Green Fuel since they reproduce more quickly than bamboo and they're not people.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Catch22 View Post
    I heard a rumor that's the wrong place to drive by with a cascade and compressor in your truck...
    I can imagine that would make the S. Service a little nervous. You have to hand it to those guys for the job they have done so far. I am really surprised “so far”

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Catch22 View Post
    I am headed through your area today - headed to Tulsa, Hays KS, then back to Whiteman AFB. Can I stop by and let you clean the DDP out of my keyboard?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by dfd701 View Post
    I can imagine that would make the S. Service a little nervous. You have to hand it to those guys for the job they have done so far. I am really surprised “so far”
    With credit to those guys, as soon as they ran me and checked me out, they were fine, even to the point of joking around with one of my guys quite a bit up in front of the White House. During the stop they were nothing but absolute professionals.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by LVFD301 View Post
    I am headed through your area today - headed to Tulsa, Hays KS, then back to Whiteman AFB. Can I stop by and let you clean the DDP out of my keyboard?
    I'll be happy to do what I can to get it out of there.

That a bit of a long circuit, I feel for you.

MembersZone Subscriber

FireDude you got all of that for 125k? Would like to see the spec sheet for it.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by WJVaughn View Post
    I'm sure a lot of what he listed as far as loose equipment didn't come on it (though it's possible some did). We spent $127,500 on ours and got a GMC 5500 4x4 with a 300 gpm, 31 hp pump piped into the apparatus fuel tank, 400 gallon water tank, 10 kW hydraulic genset, front bumper turret, HRT hose reels, and an electrical cord reel on ours. The Fords seem to run a bit cheaper because there's less body material (shorter cab=shorter body), at least in our experience that was true.

The trick is to avoid the "big boys" and find a smaller company that specializes in those apparatus. The big boys specialize in pumpers and aerials, so the quick attacks aren't really easy to convert their line to (that came from a rep of one of the big boys), so they charge more than the smaller shops that do just quick attacks.

Forum Member

Catch22 thanks for the narrative. I have one question for anyone who wants to respond...We purchased our Engine through a grant in 2004, will take delivery of our tanker this summer from 2009 AFG, and have a 26 year old piece of junk brush truck, my question is are my chances pretty low in getting a brush truck? I know there is a lot of other stats that are looked at and I can bullett proof them but there is nothing I can do about our average fleet age.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by VChief101 View Post
    Catch22 thanks for the narrative. I have one question for anyone who wants to respond...We purchased our Engine through a grant in 2004, will take delivery of our tanker this summer from 2009 AFG, and have a 26 year old piece of junk brush truck, my question is are my chances pretty low in getting a brush truck? I know there is a lot of other stats that are looked at and I can bullett proof them but there is nothing I can do about our average fleet age.
    If you don't apply your chances will be zero. Since there is a need for a brush truck go for it (all other needs have been met). Yes, your average overall fleet age will be low, but the computer will also look at the average age of the apparatus in the catergory you are writing for. In this case, the brush truck which has an age of 26 years will help your cause. Other stats such as number of wildland incidents and acres will help as well.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by onebugle View Post
    If you don't apply your chances will be zero. Since there is a need for a brush truck go for it (all other needs have been met). Yes, your average overall fleet age will be low, but the computer will also look at the average age of the apparatus in the catergory you are writing for. In this case, the brush truck which has an age of 26 years will help your cause. Other stats such as number of wildland incidents and acres will help as well.
    Thanks that was my thinking I was just hoping to hear it from someone else.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by WJVaughn View Post
    Price was a little under $134k. As noted, we got several things from other grants. HRT Hose reel/hose and electric hose reel partially paid for by state grant, and remote nozzle from previous AFG award. Also, have a lot of rescue equipment on unit from VSafe grant. We thought it was a very good price for what we got and had pretty much the same price from two companies. As Catch22 noted, the big boys want a lot more just to have to deal with the smaller price unit. One of the 'big' companies was about $50k higher.
    Last edited by firedude801; 02-25-2010 at 04:34 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Price was a little under $134k. As noted, we got several things from other grants. HRT Hose reel/hose and electric hose reel partially paid for by state grant, and remote nozzle from previous AFG award. Also, have a lot of rescue equipment on unit from VSafe grant. We thought it was a very good price for what we got and had pretty much the same price from two companies. As Catch22 noted, the big boys want a lot more just to have to deal with the smaller price unit. One of the 'big' companies was about $50k higher.
    If you could send a copy my way it would be appreciated as well, Thanks in advance

FFTparrish@yahoo.com

Forum Member

Im starting to worry because our department only asked for 89K for one.
    Jeremy (bigj164019) - FireFighter-I/Paramedic
    Fraternal Order of Paramedics Society
    Member Firehouse.com I.A.C.O.J. EMS Bureau

"Live for today, because yesterdays are over, and tomorrows may never come"!

Forum Member

You should have no trouble building a pick-up truck style brush rig for $89,000. Might not be that "quick attack" larger style.

Forum Member

BTW, To anybody whom I sent my QuickAttack/Brush truck narrative, I know I thought it was pretty good, but since Tampa I'm confident its crap now.

Please dont kill me. I was young an foolish then.

Forum Member

We are going to try for a brush/attack truck this year. We are a rural dept. that does not have a brush truck. Will that get called a new mission or do we have a chance. We currently just use our pumper for grass and brush fires.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Thread Information