Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 59
  1. #21
    MembersZone Subscriber LVFD301's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,922

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BC79er View Post
    And yes, this is my first posting.
    Durn Newbie!


  2. #22
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Monroe, MI
    Posts
    292

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ktb9780 View Post
    And I am sitting here screaming at the damn weather Gods looking at this white precipitation , once again, chasing me across the US wherever I go. Can't a guy catch a break at all! 2 inches and still snowing, hello Toledo looks like you may be home for a day or so for me.
    Hey Kurt are still in Toledo? If so, let me know where, I'm just about 5-10 minutes north of Toledo. Maybee we get a drink if my wife will let me out of the house.

  3. #23
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Cypress, TX
    Posts
    1,701

    Default

    Could be worse, could have a "newbie" marker next to my username or something. Kind of like the nice Scotchlite "R" that's on my helmet that I have to scrape off since that's all they had when I got my gear last week. Might just scrape one off just to confuse people.

  4. #24
    Forum Member SLY4420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,957

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BC79er View Post
    Could be worse, could have a "newbie" marker next to my username or something.
    You do.

    Posts: 2














  5. #25
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long time no Sea
    Posts
    2,253

    Red face

    Quote Originally Posted by BC79er View Post
    Could be worse, could have a "newbie" marker next to my username or something. Kind of like the nice Scotchlite "R" that's on my helmet that I have to scrape off since that's all they had when I got my gear last week. Might just scrape one off just to confuse people.
    How about 'medstudent number 2'

  6. #26
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long time no Sea
    Posts
    2,253

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grubbs1102 View Post
    They say great minds think alike, iam pondering on a quick attack also. Catch22 or any others could i get a copy of yalls grant. All the help would be greatly appreciated. williams_sy@hotmail.com


    thanks
    grubbs,

    i am having trouble with your e address,

    pop me an email to jam24u@windstream.net to get a narrative return

  7. #27
    MembersZone Subscriber
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,732

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BC79er View Post
    And yes, this is my first posting.
    Ahhh, new blood...I mean an eager grant writer willing to dive into the wonderful world of writing grants for the AFG.

    I wonder what stupid.....I mean intelligent question will they ask of the old wise writers.

    1) Why haven't I recieved an 1199A?
    2) Where do I find the 10 q's?
    3) What are grant gurus and what does it mean to me?
    4) What types of drugs should I take during the long agonizing waiting period?
    5) Where do I get my membership card to the "Waiting Room"?

  8. #28
    MembersZone Subscriber dfd701's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Alabama USofA
    Posts
    321

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by onebugle View Post
    Ahhh, new blood...I mean an eager grant writer willing to dive into the wonderful world of writing grants for the AFG.

    I wonder what stupid.....I mean intelligent question will they ask of the old wise writers.

    1) Why haven't I recieved an 1199A?
    2) Where do I find the 10 q's?
    3) What are grant gurus and what does it mean to me?
    4) What types of drugs should I take during the long agonizing waiting period?
    5) Where do I get my membership card to the "Waiting Room"?
    1600 Pennsylvania Av.

  9. #29
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AFDRAS View Post
    Under priority 1 vehicle acquisitions for rural communities there is a listing for Brush/Attack. What are the specific requirements for Brush/Attack. Mainly pump size? tank capacity? Also have volunteer departments been successful in getting grants for Brush/Attack?
    AFDRAS - We were fortunate enough to be selected for a quick attack. Went with NFPA1906. Cap, as others have mentioned, was $125k. Was able to add other stuff thanks to other grants. It is first out on everything except structures. Is wildland capable, has rescue equipment, PTO generator from Ford, nice light tower, and 300 GPM 27hp diesel driven aux pump. Combi tool, 120vac cord, and booster line precon on reels. Can start generator, pump and foam injeciton from cab and can start fighting fire as we roll up with remote nozzle. We thank the good Lord and those on these forums for the help in getting this unit. http://fairplayfire.org/Events.htm

  10. #30
    MembersZone Subscriber
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    SW MO
    Posts
    4,249

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dfd701 View Post
    1600 Pennsylvania Av.
    I heard a rumor that's the wrong place to drive by with a cascade and compressor in your truck...

  11. #31
    MembersZone Subscriber
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    SW MO
    Posts
    4,249

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by firedude801 View Post
    AFDRAS - We were fortunate enough to be selected for a quick attack. Went with NFPA1906. Cap, as others have mentioned, was $125k. Was able to add other stuff thanks to other grants. It is first out on everything except structures. Is wildland capable, has rescue equipment, PTO generator from Ford, nice light tower, and 300 GPM 27hp diesel driven aux pump. Combi tool, 120vac cord, and booster line precon on reels. Can start generator, pump and foam injeciton from cab and can start fighting fire as we roll up with remote nozzle. We thank the good Lord and those on these forums for the help in getting this unit. http://fairplayfire.org/Events.htm
    That's a sharp looking rig! Looks like you've got a lot of the same features we put on ours.

  12. #32
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Cypress, TX
    Posts
    1,701

    Default

    Gee, who knew so many around here got jokes to tell...I can feel the love... But that's the firehouse, it's when they stop busting stones that it's time to worry...

  13. #33
    MembersZone Subscriber
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    JAMAICA IOWA U.S.A.
    Posts
    347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BC79er View Post
    Gee, who knew so many around here got jokes to tell...I can feel the love... But that's the firehouse, it's when they stop busting stones that it's time to worry...

    You got the new employee's highchair up to a keyboard yet ? Looks like our narrative will need to be updated soon for 2010.

  14. #34
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long time no Sea
    Posts
    2,253

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by firedude801 View Post
    AFDRAS - We were fortunate enough to be selected for a quick attack. Went with NFPA1906. Cap, as others have mentioned, was $125k. Was able to add other stuff thanks to other grants. It is first out on everything except structures. Is wildland capable, has rescue equipment, PTO generator from Ford, nice light tower, and 300 GPM 27hp diesel driven aux pump. Combi tool, 120vac cord, and booster line precon on reels. Can start generator, pump and foam injeciton from cab and can start fighting fire as we roll up with remote nozzle. We thank the good Lord and those on these forums for the help in getting this unit. http://fairplayfire.org/Events.htm
    Dude!

    Styling truck. Too bad its mine. Give it back.

    Where's my Quick Attack/Brush truck 1199 AFG?

  15. #35
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Cypress, TX
    Posts
    1,701

    Default

    Gotta have some faith Rob. Ain't over yet, 2000 apps up for award haven't been touched yet. Sacrifice some more lawyers to the Gods of Funding to help out. It's OK to use lawyers, they're a Green Fuel since they reproduce more quickly than bamboo and they're not people.

  16. #36
    MembersZone Subscriber dfd701's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Alabama USofA
    Posts
    321

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Catch22 View Post
    I heard a rumor that's the wrong place to drive by with a cascade and compressor in your truck...
    I can imagine that would make the S. Service a little nervous. You have to hand it to those guys for the job they have done so far. I am really surprised “so far”

  17. #37
    MembersZone Subscriber LVFD301's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,922

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Catch22 View Post
    I heard a rumor that's the wrong place to drive by with a cascade and compressor in your truck...
    I am headed through your area today - headed to Tulsa, Hays KS, then back to Whiteman AFB. Can I stop by and let you clean the DDP out of my keyboard?

  18. #38
    MembersZone Subscriber LVFD301's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,922

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dfd701 View Post
    I can imagine that would make the S. Service a little nervous. You have to hand it to those guys for the job they have done so far. I am really surprised “so far”
    With credit to those guys, as soon as they ran me and checked me out, they were fine, even to the point of joking around with one of my guys quite a bit up in front of the White House. During the stop they were nothing but absolute professionals.

  19. #39
    MembersZone Subscriber
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    SW MO
    Posts
    4,249

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LVFD301 View Post
    I am headed through your area today - headed to Tulsa, Hays KS, then back to Whiteman AFB. Can I stop by and let you clean the DDP out of my keyboard?
    I'll be happy to do what I can to get it out of there.

    That a bit of a long circuit, I feel for you.

  20. #40
    MembersZone Subscriber WJVaughn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Dickson TN
    Posts
    1,026

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by firedude801 View Post
    AFDRAS - We were fortunate enough to be selected for a quick attack. Went with NFPA1906. Cap, as others have mentioned, was $125k. Was able to add other stuff thanks to other grants. It is first out on everything except structures. Is wildland capable, has rescue equipment, PTO generator from Ford, nice light tower, and 300 GPM 27hp diesel driven aux pump. Combi tool, 120vac cord, and booster line precon on reels. Can start generator, pump and foam injeciton from cab and can start fighting fire as we roll up with remote nozzle. We thank the good Lord and those on these forums for the help in getting this unit. http://fairplayfire.org/Events.htm
    FireDude you got all of that for 125k? Would like to see the spec sheet for it.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 2010 AFG Question
    By Firecop350 in forum Federal FIRE ACT Grants & Funding
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-05-2010, 11:59 AM
  2. 2010 truck question
    By grubbs1102 in forum Federal FIRE ACT Grants & Funding
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-29-2010, 06:43 PM
  3. 2010 AFG Question
    By jbrown8988 in forum Federal FIRE ACT Grants & Funding
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 01-25-2010, 10:18 PM
  4. Multi Part Rescue-Pumper question
    By mohican in forum Apparatus Innovation
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 08-22-2007, 02:47 PM
  5. This is Sort of a Serious, Sort of Not Quite So Serious Question
    By MalahatTwo7 in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 06-20-2007, 10:39 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts