Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Default King County Medic One

Now Testing.
    Starting is about $27.00 per hr, very competitive.

King County Medic One is in the process of accepting applications for the 2010 Paramedic Training Class. Logon to publicsafetytesting.com to begin this process. Follow the link to King County Medic One and schedule your test to be taken no later than Feb. 28th 2010. The written test consists of two parts, a civil service test and an EMT test, ... ... See MoreSee Moreboth consisting of 100 questions each. The written test needs to be completed by Feb. 28th. The remainder of the testing process will continue within the first two weeks in March and the final candidates will be chosen by April 1st, 2010. This is an excellent opportunity and the chosen candidates will start off with a generous package that includes full medical and dental benefits, LEOFF retirement eligible, IAFF Union representation, starting salary of just over $27.00 per hour, and the option for either a certificate for training or a Bachelor's degree in Paramedicine through the University of Washington.

http://www.kingcounty.gov/healthserv...e/careers.aspx

Any one that is on the fence should do this. It is a awesome medic program with a good scope. You work hand and hand with Harborview which has some pretty cool pre-hospital stuff going on!
    "The probability of someone watching you is proportional to the stupidity of your action."

Damnit! I just started my medic class. I would LOVE to get on with Medic One. You could learn a LOT with that outfit

Forum Member

An interesting thing with that program is that you come out a King County paramedic, but aren't necessarily recognized as a paramedic by the state, which I've heard can cause some headaches if you ever want to leave. But anyway, supposed to be one of the best EMS systems in the country.

Forum Member

They do not take the NREMT-P test either.
    But really, hard to imagine someone going to work as a medic somewhere else, with the pay/benefits they get they are tough to beat.
    Of course, we do

I like milk...

If you take a few extra classes "before" and "after" your training you get a bachelors degree.

Can't wait to get 3 years under my belt so I can start testing for them.

And I don't really think any organization would really care that you "don't have a cert" if you came from KCMO. But I have been wrong in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by FireWA1 View Post
    If you take a few extra classes "before" and "after" your training you get a bachelors degree.

Can't wait to get 3 years under my belt so I can start testing for them.

And I don't really think any organization would really care that you "don't have a cert" if you came from KCMO. But I have been wrong in the past.
    It is a good program to work for and I am sure you can find a way to get a NREMTP cert along with it. Something can always be worked out on the back end and being close to a Bach degree is something that is phenom. If I still lived in WA I would be all over this. You are at the tip of the spear that is EMS and EMS innovation.
    "The probability of someone watching you is proportional to the stupidity of your action."

Forum Member

I am sure you can find a way to get a NREMTP cert along with it.
    Passing the National Registry is graduation requirement of the University of Washington Paramedic Training Program which KCM1 paramedics go through.

Thread Information