Thread: Do Ya THINK?

MembersZone Subscriber
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

Default Do Ya THINK?

"This was apparently - according to an official - a deliberate act,"

Man sets house on fire, crashes plane into Texas building: Report

Agence France-Presse February 18, 2010 10:03 AM

CHICAGO - A Texas man set his house on fire, then stole a small plane and crashed it into a building containing a federal tax office Thursday, CNN reported citing federal officials.

"This was apparently - according to an official - a deliberate act," CNN anchor Tony Harris said. "Joseph Andrew Stack is the name of the pilot."

The plane struck the second floor of the four story building in Austin, Texas about 10 am (1600 GMT) and burst into flames in a massive explosion Thursday that forced people to flee out of the windows, witnesses and officials said.

There was "no known link to terrorism" the Department of Homeland Security said, noting that the cause of the crash was not yet known.

However, North American Aerospace Defense Command launched two F-16 fighter aircraft from Ellington Field in Houston today to conduct an air patrol in response to the crash.

"This response from NORAD is a prudent precaution and consistent with our response to recent similar air incidents," Jamie Graybeal, spokesperson for NORAD, said in a statement.

Two people were taken to hospital and one person was unaccounted for but fire officials said they believed everyone else had been safely evacuated from the building.

"The building shook, it's almost like an earthquake," a witness named Cynthia who was in a neighboring building in the complex told CNN.

Cynthia and her office mates left the building and saw people running towards the building that got hit by the plane.

"People were on the second floor. They couldn't get out. They were hanging out the windows screaming for help."

Fire officials were battling to contain the blaze.

"What they're seeing is heavy fire around the second floor. They've got lots of smoke. Lots of heat. Lots of fire," assistant fire chief Harry Evans, assistant fire chief told reporters.

Copyright (c) AFP

http://www.timescolonist.com/news/se...811/story.html

Banned

I wonder if he was upset with the IRS and the oppressive taxes.

Forum Member

I was wondering when someone was going to post this... Definitely a deliberate act. Even before I heard about the suspect setting his house on fire, I had a feeling it was deliberate.
    Andy

IACOJ

Forum Member

I saw the first report a short while ago - hadn't seen this one yet.....although I was thinking it was kind of 'wierd' that the plane crashed into a tax building.....

Hopefully all the innocents are ok and will be accounted for.....thankfully this is a holiday week most places and a lot of people took off from work this week.....

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ScareCrow57 View Post
    Another scenario.. he got caught cheating on his taxes and was told to pay up.
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

MembersZone Subscriber

Would he have qualified for a FD job if he did not fly his plane into a building? After all tax evasion is a non-violent felon crime, right?

Forum Member

Guy left a note.

http://embeddedart.com/
    RIP Hela

"You have to do better then your best."
    BUD's instuctor Class 234

"A man who won't die for something is not fit to live."
    Martin Luther King, Jr

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tipys View Post
    Guy left a note.

http://embeddedart.com/
    Do I dare ask HOW you found that???

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by pasobuff View Post
    Sure. Someone else posted it on another Forum I am on.
    RIP Hela

"You have to do better then your best."
    BUD's instuctor Class 234

"A man who won't die for something is not fit to live."
    Martin Luther King, Jr

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tipys View Post
    Sure. Someone else posted it on another Forum I am on.
    Ah ok.....interesting.....

Sad day when someone thinks that violence is the ONLY way to 'be heard'.......selfish selfish, selfish.......

Banned

Looks like a man who was pushed too far by a reprehensible government. There is a lot of anger in that man, and probably rightfully so. One need look no further than the tea party movement to see that people have had enough.

Banned

Ah ok.....interesting.....

Sad day when someone thinks that violence is the ONLY way to 'be heard'.......selfish selfish, selfish.......
    Or it could be frustration with the system. The colonist in this country were pushed to far and look what they did. Now here we are 200 years later looking at another revloution.

MembersZone Subscriber

Looks like a man who was pushed too far by a reprehensible government. There is a lot of anger in that man, and probably rightfully so. One need look no further than the tea party movement to see that people have had enough.
    Not one person, who believes in the Tea Party movement, would condone this type of action. This was of his own doing. I normally do not judge before I hear all the facts, but if he could afford an airplane he could have afforded to pay his taxes. The coward left his wife and kids in the house when he set it on fire. A neighbor had to rescue them.
    Again you choose a poor example to make your point. With your record here you could be Obama's next Chief of Homeland Security.

Banned

They have it on CNN as well.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Acklan View Post
    Not one person, who believes in the Tea Party movement, would condone this type of action. This was of his own doing. I normally do not judge before I hear all the facts, but if he could afford an airplane he could have afforded to pay his taxes. The coward left his wife and kids in the house when he set it on fire. A neighbor had to rescue them.
    Again you choose a poor example to make your point. With your record here you could be Obama's next Chief of Homeland Security.
    Did you read his note? I suspect not. The man had numerous run ins with the scumbag bastards at the IRS. The tax code contains volumes of stuff that not one person can fully understand.

We live in a country that bails out the likes of Chrysler, GM, AIG, the airlines, but there is no bailout for the working middle class. This poor chap had simply been pushed to far.

BTW. I am in no way condoning his actions, just saying I can understand it.

Banned

I haven't seen where the wife and kids were in the house and they are saying the plane was stolen

Found the wife and daughter thing

Texas Small Plane Crash Might Be Intentional Act, Officials Say Leave it to the highly reliable FOX news to get the whole story.
    Last edited by ScareCrow57; 02-18-2010 at 03:06 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Hmmm... funny thing about the original story: there was no mention of any kind of party, much less a "tea party". Also the person involved actually stole the a/c, he did not own it. Disgruntled citizen? You bet. Unbalanced? Oh ya. Inconsiderate? ABSOLUTELY.

I hope they found the missing person, and that he/she was not really missing in a bad way.

MembersZone Subscriber

Did you read his note? I suspect not. The man had numerous run ins with the scumbag bastards at the IRS. The tax code contains volumes of stuff that not one person can fully understand.
    Again OF HIS OWN DOING! Pay your obligation before buying your toys. Sell your toys to pay your obligations. Simple.

We live in a country that bails out the likes of Chrysler, GM, AIG, the airlines, but there is no bailout for the working middle class. This poor chap had simply been pushed to far.
    The "poor chap" abdicated his responsibilities, including taking care of his family. The "poor chap" is a pre-felon. He committed the crime, the coward, just had not serviced the time.

BTW. I am in no way condoning his actions, just saying I can understand it.
    Understanding is condoning. You have proven that in numerious posts. Poor felons. What about all of the people that have had encounters and have not flown a plane into a building.

The only good thing about your post this time is you are not defending sex offenders.

Banned

Again OF HIS OWN DOING! Pay your obligation before buying your toys. Sell your toys to pay your obligations. Simple.

The "poor chap" abdicated his responsibilities, including taking care of his family. The "poor chap" is a pre-felon. He committed the crime, the coward, just had not serviced the time.

Understanding is condoning. You have proven that in numerious posts. Poor felons. What about all of the people that have had encounters and have not flown a plane into a building.

The only good thing about your post this time is you are not defending sex offenders.
    Well if you take the time to read what he said then it will become clear for you. Once again you go off the deepend. He like so many others in this country are sick and tired and fed up with the excessive taxes , regulation and Bull Crap coming out of our government. Some people have been pushed so far that they are taking action. That is exactly what happened with the revolutionaries over 200 years ago.

Unfortunately our leaders don't know or understand history. And since they don't know it they are doomed to repeat it. Maybe Washington will wake up and stop the nonsense. The man is making a statement with the ultimate sacrifice.

The scary part, is how many others close to the edge will use this as the catalyst to take action.

Forum Member
    Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee

I don't give a damn what his motives were. He is a domestic terrorist plain and simple. The poor slugs working in that building had not one thing to do with his troubles and did not deserve this attack.

You understand his actions ScareCrow? Really? So killing or attempting to kill innocent people for problems with the government is understandable? God you are pathetic.
    Crazy, but that's how it goes
    Millions of people living as foes
    Maybe it's not too late
    To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

Forum Member

...The man is making a statement with the ultimate sacrifice...
    He is making a statement for any idiot to understand. His act is simply attacking innocent people. I have no mercy for him. I have no forgiveness.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Early Adopter

I am in no way condoning his actions, just saying I can understand it.
    So, you can understand why someone would fly a plane into a building full of innocent people in attempt to commit mass murder? If you can understand that... you're just as loony.

Since this thread has a political tone (and will probably be axed because of it), my political statement is that this shows terrorists can come from any walk of life, be any color and have any motive. If we spend too much attention looking one way, someone is going to sneak in from the other.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeWendtCFI View Post
    now will you guys please ignore this scum-sucking troll?
    Just exactly to whom would you be referring, George?

Forum Member
    Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

Quote Originally Posted by MalahatTwo7 View Post
    Just exactly to whom would you be referring, George?
    Scarecrow/CDevoe aka BeerBoy/Hottrotter/TrojanHorse etc etc etc
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeWendtCFI View Post
    now will you guys please ignore this scum-sucking troll?
    This incident and his support of the perpetrator did it for me. This guy was no better than Timothy McVeigh or any other violent anti-government attack on innocent people and government infrastructure. Just because he may have a few valid points in amongst his psycho-babble manifesto does not justify essentially firing a cruise missile into a building.

And someone forward this news flash to hell for the scumbag suicide attacker... guess what dumbass, you still owe back taxes and they're still going garnish it from what little of your estate you didn't burn down already. They're still going to get their money from you despite your kamikaze attack this morning. Idiot.
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

Thread Information