Banned

Default Tiger Woods - Does anyone really care?

Am I the only one who could really care less what Tiger Woods has to say. I think Our media has lost its mind. No One cares.... It isn't like he is the President or something....

Forum Member

I couldn't care less about his bimbos his life him or his wife.
    Last edited by len1582; 02-19-2010 at 10:48 AM. Reason: cleaned up

MembersZone Subscriber

Here is what his statement should be:

"What I do in my private life may be shameful, but it's none of your ****ing business, world."

That pretty much sums it up.
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusKspn View Post
    Here is what his statement should be:

"What I do in my private life may be shameful, but it's none of your ****ing business, world."

That pretty much sums it up.
    Yep Absolutely agree

Forum Member

How really cares about that slug?
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

MembersZone Subscriber
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

Quote Originally Posted by ScareCrow57 View Post
    Am I the only one who could really care less what Tiger Woods has to say. I think Our media has lost its mind. No One cares.... It isn't like he is the President or something....
    Tiger "Who"?
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Back In Black

Couldn't care less...

Americans need to stop idolizing sports figures/celebrities.
    I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

"The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefKN View Post
    Couldn't care less...

Americans need to stop idolizing sports figures/celebrities.
    I absolutely agree with you.

Forum Member

But if he doesn't apologize, he will lose millions due to lost endorsements. Oh no! Everyone will talk about him and he will be featured in the news for months to come. How tragic!

Personally, I think it is no one business, and I could care less. I also agree that we should not put sports personalities on a pedistal and make them our heros.

But if he wishes to make the money, he has to play the game. He will never enjoy the stature he once had. He is right up their with Rose, McGuire, Tyson & others that had a great deal going and then discovered they were only human. The price you must pay for fame.
    HAVE PLAN.............WILL TRAVEL

Banned

So I get it now. No one really cares, but the MSM thinks this is big news; once again showing how clueless they really are.

Forum Member

I realize mine is old school thinking but, as someone who made the bulk of his BILLION DOLLAR NET WORTH on a "pristine" image, I would think he has an obligation to keep his nose clean, at least to his endorsers.

Being an avid golfer, I believe he's a typical, spoiled brat, d&%che bag athlete, long on talent, short on brains.
    Last edited by pvfd27; 02-20-2010 at 12:15 PM. Reason: missed a space.

Forum Member
    Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

If you don't care, why did you post a thread about it? That's just perpetuating the problem, isn't it?!
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by RspctFrmCalgary View Post
    If you don't care, why did you post a thread about it? That's just perpetuating the problem, isn't it?
    Good point!

Well isn't it everyones little dream to see our heros fail and fall?

Think about it. The average guy works his butt of to make ends meet. Life is tough.

When we hold someone in high regard, and then they do something stupid like this guy did, (that normal people can relate to), then we are ready to burn them at the stake for letting us down.

Yes, we can relate to it because it is a fact that many normal people have done the same thing, or something nearly as dumb. We all do stupid things we regret when discovered.

But we take the 'holier than thou' attitude when it is one of the "good guys" or heroes.

If these guys are going to be out there making more money than most normal people can ever comprehend, then they must pay the piper for their mistake.

That is why this is getting alot of attention.

Remember the Pete Rose thing. The man should be in the Hall of Fame because of his talents. But it was his lack of judgement that will keep him out.

Mark McGuire will never make the HoF either. His record is no longer a record because of his lack of judgement. Remember they make the * for this kind of thing.

The fact is Wood's personal life and marriage should be private. But we insist on a public display because we believe he played us as a bunch of fools. So be it.

The real casualties are the kids who have been thrust into the limelight and I have no doubt that someday Oprah or someone will ask them "How did you feel about your dad when that happened?" Give me a break.

If we derive anything out of this... it should be this: "If you want to dance with the devil, then expect to get burned." It doesn't matter if you are a normal person or a celebrity... the bleeding is the same.

And yes, discussion does perpetuate the issue, but not the problem. He was the problem, his actions were the problem, his attitude was the problem. The problem has been identified, so now we discuss the issue for the sake of the public execution.
    HAVE PLAN.............WILL TRAVEL

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RspctFrmCalgary View Post
    If you don't care, why did you post a thread about it? That's just perpetuating the problem, isn't it?!
    In a sense yes. But at the same time, I was wondering if I was the only one who really didn't care. You get the feeling that the majority of Americans actually care. I'm not so sure that is the case.

Forum Member

Had he put himself out there as a moral authority and done TV ads about being faithful to your spouse, then I'd say hang him high for his hypocrisy.

But he has never claimed to be anything but a super-duper golf player, which he still is. There are plenty of sleazy guys out there cheating on their wives; his status as a celebrity doesn't make me expect it any less from him.

Garth Brooks comes to mind; in his heyday, he always put on his aw-shucks act whenever he won an award, tearfully thanking his darling wife Sandy for sticking by him, blah blah blah. Turns out he was a chronic cheater and was probably meeting Trisha Yearwood after the show.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
    --General James Mattis, USMC

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by EastKyFF View Post
    Had he put himself out there as a moral authority and done TV ads about being faithful to your spouse, then I'd say hang him high for his hypocrisy.

But he has never claimed to be anything but a super-duper golf player, which he still is. There are plenty of sleazy guys out there cheating on their wives; his status as a celebrity doesn't make me expect it any less from him.

Garth Brooks comes to mind; in his heyday, he always put on his aw-shucks act whenever he won an award, tearfully thanking his darling wife Sandy for sticking by him, blah blah blah. Turns out he was a chronic cheater and was probably meeting Trisha Yearwood after the show.
    The 535 people who run this country come to mind. And really now, can you fault a guy for hooking up with Trisha Yearwood........

Forum Member

The 535 people who run this country come to mind. And really now, can you fault a guy for hooking up with Trisha Yearwood........
    At her apparent caloric intake, the only thing hooking up with her soon is going to be a tow truck.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
    --General James Mattis, USMC

MembersZone Subscriber

I really couldn't care less.

If he is sick of his wife, I'll take her.
    Jason Knecht
    Assistant Chief
    Altoona Fire Dept.
    Altoona, WI

IACOJ - Director of Cheese and Whine
    http://www.cheddarvision.tv/
    EAT CHEESE OR DIE!!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dickey View Post
    I really couldn't care less.

If he is sick of his wife, I'll take her.
    That might be a pretty long line.

Forum Member

Since you cared enough to create this thread and post your feelings....it's obvious YOU care.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bones42 View Post
    Since you cared enough to create this thread and post your feelings....it's obvious YOU care.
    Not at all. What is obvious is that the Media keeps blasting this nonsense thinking some one really cares, in reality it puts him in the same category as Paris Hilton, Brittany Spears, and a few of the other "bad girls" - Nobody Cares. is it any wonder the MSM keeps getting it wrong, why would you listen to them concerning any news story?

Forum Member

I could care less about Tiger Who???

Thread Information