Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Forum Member

Yeah I know what ya mean, getting all the way to that 7th gear and when you try and get it into 8th it grinds like hell and it about raddles the damn fillings out of your teeth. You got to slow down pull over and start all back over into 1st gear Eventually you will make it to the call

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by onebugle View Post
    "If you can't find it, grind it".
    Clutches are for first gear and reverse
    Just gotta found the sweet spot onebugle

Forum Member

Found a new 1199 today for a 3000 gallon tanker that was under the maximum.

I can hear the sound of rusting, leaking old tankers in the silence as we all wait for these 1199s for tankers to drop. Good news is theres some movement and no DJs

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by centralfire View Post
    I can hear the sound of rusting, leaking old tankers in the silence as we all wait for these 1199s for tankers to drop. Good news is theres some movement and no DJs
    My old Air Force jet fuel tanks dont rust as they are aluminum, but the chassis are rusting as we speak. Congrats to the depts with new 1199's, now I can start checking the application every 10 minutes again!!!

Forum Member

Checking and checking and still nothing. Please do not attack me, but I just do not know how much longer I can take this stress!

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonMNChief View Post
    My old Air Force jet fuel tanks dont rust as they are aluminum, but the chassis are rusting as we speak. Congrats to the depts with new 1199's, now I can start checking the application every 10 minutes again!!!
    Hey Chief that is what we have been using for about 10 years or so. We got it at the Fed. Surplus sale. OD green. We had the frame shorted and painted it with nice strips. It turned out to be a sharp looking truck but it was made for an airport. If we hit a pretty good hill you can get out and run faster than it will go but it always get there about the time you get set up and flowing water. With 5000 gals you can pump for a while. We donít do tanker shuttle but if we think like itís not enough we get our mutual aid to bring us their 3000 gal tanker. I tried to get it replaced few times on the AFG program but we have a little over 200 hydrants so I guess we didnít need it in their eyes. Sure saves from pulling 1200 ft. of 5 inĒ. I have to tell you that when we got it here I starting taking the pluming off and some J4 started running out so I started collecting the J4 and got right at 30 gals. Hauled it to the farm and was going to use it to burn brush piles. Well it set there for I know for 6 years. One day I was trying to get a pile of green brush tops to burn and wondering if it would even still burn. Put about gal on my pile and threw a match on it and blow the pile up like TNT. Now that was still some good stuff. Thought about what I did for a living and said to myself, how crazy can I be. Broke me from sucking eggs. I felt like someone standing in front of the Courthouse buck necked. Take care and good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by dfd701 View Post
    I have to tell you that when we got it here I starting taking the pluming off and some J4 started running out so I started collecting the J4 and got right at 30 gals. Hauled it to the farm and was going to use it to burn brush piles. Well it set there for I know for 6 years. One day I was trying to get a pile of green brush tops to burn and wondering if it would even still burn. Put about gal on my pile and threw a match on it and blow the pile up like TNT. Now that was still some good stuff. Thought about what I did for a living and said to myself, how crazy can I be. Broke me from sucking eggs. I felt like someone standing in front of the Courthouse buck necked. Take care and good luck.

Great story! The filter unit on that thing has a capacity over 30 gallons alone - yours must have been half empty!

Forum Member

Now you're not going to start a half-empty, half-full debate are you Blake? It will detract from the smooth bore/fog nozzle consortium...

Isn't that along the lines of the most common famous last words in the South: Hey y'all watch this!

Quote Originally Posted by BC79er View Post
    Now you're not going to start a half-empty, half-full debate are you Blake? It will detract from the smooth bore/fog nozzle consortium...

Isn't that along the lines of the most common famous last words in the South: Hey y'all watch this!
    Anything to pass the time till 1199's....

Victor got to go to Vegas for a trade show, I get to stay home. I am in the mood to stir a debate somewhere!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dfd701 View Post
    Hey Chief that is what we have been using for about 10 years or so. We got it at the Fed. Surplus sale. OD green. We had the frame shorted and painted it with nice strips. It turned out to be a sharp looking truck but it was made for an airport. If we hit a pretty good hill you can get out and run faster than it will go but it always get there about the time you get set up and flowing water. With 5000 gals you can pump for a while. We donít do tanker shuttle but if we think like itís not enough we get our mutual aid to bring us their 3000 gal tanker. I tried to get it replaced few times on the AFG program but we have a little over 200 hydrants so I guess we didnít need it in their eyes. Sure saves from pulling 1200 ft. of 5 inĒ. I have to tell you that when we got it here I starting taking the pluming off and some J4 started running out so I started collecting the J4 and got right at 30 gals. Hauled it to the farm and was going to use it to burn brush piles. Well it set there for I know for 6 years. One day I was trying to get a pile of green brush tops to burn and wondering if it would even still burn. Put about gal on my pile and threw a match on it and blow the pile up like TNT. Now that was still some good stuff. Thought about what I did for a living and said to myself, how crazy can I be. Broke me from sucking eggs. I felt like someone standing in front of the Courthouse buck necked. Take care and good luck.
    Now theres a guy that I can relate to. We got the first one 15 years ago, it was on an early 70's model Dodge chassis( a rather homely looking thing.) Truck was shot, so we picked up a rolled over milk truck Ford chassis and shortened the tank. Second one is an 83 Mack. We took off the pump and closed off the first compartment. The first compartment is where is slide in a quad fold drop tank. Tanks work good, but the Ford is set up for 2000 gal not the 4000 it hauls. The Mack is set up to drive up and down runways, not our hills. The price was right on them!!! The DNR has one waiting for a home, it is an Oshkosh version, talk about homely!!! Thanks for the note, lets hope for the best.

Forum Member

Hoping someone can help me. Earlier today, I talked with a FEMA rep and I was told that no reductions were made by them and they would not do so without notifying the department of such. I am in a panic, was my positive mood about getting reductions just some cruel hoax? I am hoping someone can tell me this person had no clue.

Forum Member

Miscommunication somewhere. Correct, they can't officially reduce and award a grant without applicant approval. But that doesn't mean they aren't changing prices now prior to the question emails going out, obviously they are. Otherwise all would have price changes, not just some.

Forum Member

I could not figure out how it could be any different, but that conversation threw me for a loop. That and the lack of any 1199a notification combined with just a generally bad day had me thinking. Thanks for the reassurance. Back to the waiting game. Have a wonderful day.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman136 View Post
    I just do not know how much longer I can take this stress!
    We don't either!!!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman136 View Post
    Checking and checking and still nothing. Please do not attack me, but I just do not know how much longer I can take this stress!
    This one is too tempting.

When you get any movement, we expect you to post it on a new thread.

Forum Member

Get this. I have been checking so much the guys at work thought it would be funny to hide my mouse while I was at lunch. But i fooled them. I am one of the rare few that use my keyboard a lot still. Still haven't found my mouse. I have tons more but I am not going to let them get the best of me. No more click, check, click, check, click. it is now tab. enter, tab, tab, enter, tab, tab enter.

Forum Member

I haven't used a mouse to enter apps in 2 years, so much easier using tab & arrow keys to run through the screens.

Note, that's tab, not Tab. Pink canned, carbonated crap posing as a soda...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cappy05 View Post
    Get this. I have been checking so much the guys at work thought it would be funny to hide my mouse while I was at lunch. But i fooled them. I am one of the rare few that use my keyboard a lot still. Still haven't found my mouse. I have tons more but I am not going to let them get the best of me. No more click, check, click, check, click. it is now tab. enter, tab, tab, enter, tab, tab enter.
    Hell, I can hardly use my laptop without my mouse. My cursor runs all over the place without it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cappy05 View Post
    That is a lost art now days. Not many younger people could do that.

Thread Information