Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Forum Member

Default Awaiting 1199a's

Day 61 and counting.

Thought I would start a thread where we can keep track of how long it has been for us that had reductions, but are still waiting on the 1199a's.

Forum Member

Red face Still Waiting Also

I also received my reductions and have not gotten a 1199 or 10 Q's. Still very hopefull, but the hope is fading as each round is announced

Forum Member

Default Still waiting, too

It's day 66 for us here in Atwater, CA since finding the budget reduction on training and radios. Not giving up til I get a DJ.

MembersZone Subscriber

Found our reductions the week before Christmas and are still patiently awaiting an 1199a and 10 questions. I guess it is like they say be patient and good things come to those who wait which is easier said than done. The last round grants are just as good as the first round ones as long as we eventually receive one.

One grant that I wrote also received a reduction before Christmas, with no other activity. Take comfort in knowing that no matter how unpleasant the boat is, you are not in it alone and that bodes well for you.

Remember that when the system was fouled up working on FSC, there were probably a very large number of reductions processed for the sake of getting a little preliminary work done prior to releases of 1199a's or 10Q's. All those reductions are now on the front burner, but it's a big burner and will take awhile. There will be reduced and non-reduced in each round, so when something does break loose, not all of us will achieve our grant zen at the same time.

This is uncharted territory, so we don't have any history to deduce what lies ahead. However, just like the 1199's and 10Q's, reductions are very time-consuming and unlikely to be carried out just for fun. Most likely you are in pretty good standing, score-wise.

Hang in there.
    Last edited by EastKyFF; 02-22-2010 at 01:58 PM.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.Ē
    --General James Mattis, USMC

Forum Member

Day 62 and Counting

Forum Member

Day 63 and counting

Still waiting for that so called flood of new 199a's to come out. Not sure what else they have been doing!!

Forum Member

Default Hope there not...

Quote Originally Posted by Jman136 View Post
    Day 63 and counting

Still waiting for that so called flood of new 199a's to come out. Not sure what else they have been doing!!
    hope there not writing mj DJ letter

Forum Member

I'm waiting too - haven't seen anything, no reductions or anything. Beginning to get discouraged.

Forum Member

Smile

We same here still no movement on our grant either. But like they say good things come to those who wait

Forum Member

No movement on a grant for exhaust removal for our 2 stations yet either. I wish the DJ's would come out so I can see what the case is. Every week they announce awards and every Monday at the coffee table I hear about this department and that department that got awards. It seems like if you get a grant they pat you on the back and say good job and move on. If you do not get awarded, they whine and moan!

Forum Member

Day 64 and counting

Forum Member

Ok so we have had what 3 rounds so far for 2009 AFG. I know that the station grants held everything up, but come on. We were what around round 34 last year at this time, or close to it.

2010 AFG is right around the corner, so we are back to square one again. Wait for the DJ for equipment needed very much, or apply again for the same equipment when we have no DJ or award. Makes it real hard to write grants when you list your priorities, and then you wait forever and you get into the next years AFG and you still have no word.

Yes, some of us need more than one or two items really bad, and if you get awarded say this year, after you applied for the top priority which was what you were awarded for this year, then what!

Understand that this is the best system we have to use right now, and I should not be complaining about it, but you know what, it needs to get better real soon!

Forum Member

All notifications will be out before AFG 2010 opens. With the JOBS bill and other moving targets having to be hit best to take up a hobby like funding other grants to play with. Practice doesn't hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by TVFD73 View Post
    Ok so we have had what 3 rounds so far for 2009 AFG. I know that the station grants held everything up, but come on. We were what around round 34 last year at this time, or close to it.
    There have been 4 rounds with a little over 2,400 awards. Last year, it took 18 rounds to get to this point.

There certainly have been fewer rounds by this point, but many more awards in the rounds.

Forum Member

Apparently 1199As were posted this week on the 22nd, emails sent early on the 23rd. I hadn't been looking since I've been waiting for someone else to find one and post so I'm not snipe hunting all by myself.

Must have been a first timer?

I had one of those pop a few weeks ago seemingly random since no one else reported finding anything.

MembersZone Subscriber

Still nothing on my end. At least there has been movement.

Forum Member

Day 65 and counting

Forum Member

Yup notta tryin to stay positive, (Oh crap my hair is gone )

Thread Information