MembersZone Subscriber

Default Apparently, someone agrees with Scare Crow

At least one person agrees that this guy is a hero.

Daughter Calls Pilot in Texas Plane Crash a Hero
    Monday , February 22, 2010

The daughter of a man who crashed his small plane into an Internal Revenue Service building called her father a hero for his anti-government views but said his actions, which killed a tax service employee, were "inappropriate."

Joe Stack's adult daughter, Samantha Bell, spoke to ABC's "Good Morning America" from her home in Norway. Asked during a phone interview broadcast Monday if she considered her father a hero, she said: "Yes. Because now maybe people will listen."

Authorities say Stack, 53, targeted the IRS office building in Austin last week, killing employee Vernon Hunter and himself, after posting a ranting manifesto against the agency and the government. He apparently set fire to his home before flying his plane into the office building.

Hunter's son, Ken Hunter, said he's alarmed by comments that called the pilot a hero.

"How can you call someone a hero who after he burns down his house, he gets into his plane ... and flies it into a building to kill people?" Hunter told ABC." "My dad Vernon did two tours of duty in Vietnam. My dad's a hero."

Bell said she offered her deepest condolences to Hunter's family. She said her father's last actions were wrong.

"But if nobody comes out and speaks up on behalf of injustice, then nothing will ever be accomplished," she told ABC. "But I do not agree with his last action with what he did. But I do agree about the government."
    PROUD, HONORED AND HUMBLED RECIPIENT OF THE PURPLE HYDRANT AWARD - 10/2007.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeWendtCFI View Post
    At least one person agrees that this guy is a hero.
    Exactly!!! "his actions, which killed a tax service employee, were "inappropriate."

And here are some more that agree with me Survey: Most Americans believe government broken
    Washington (CNN) -- Americans overwhelmingly believe that the government is broken, according to a national poll released Sunday.

But the CNN/Opinion Research Corp. survey also indicates that the public overwhelmingly holds out hope that what's broken can be fixed.

Eighty-six percent of people questioned say that the system of government is broken, with 14 percent saying no.

Forum Member

Exclamation

George why are enticing and favoring this pretender?? You know he loves attention! It is fodder to him. Feed the troll.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnee View Post
    George why are enticing and favoring this pretender?? You know he loves attention! It is fodder to him. Feed the troll.
    I want him off the forums. I will do everything I can to accomplish this. I will stay within the TOS, but I will get him off of here.

He can cry to the WT all he wants. Apparently, they are hellbent to protect him. Must be one non-firefighter computer geek to another. I dare them to kick me off for this effort. By their own admission, they do not punish people for controversial postings. (Bear in mind, I have not violated the TOS).
    Last edited by GeorgeWendtCFI; 02-22-2010 at 12:58 PM.

Forum Member

When has our government ever changed any policy in response to a homicidal attack launched in protest of that policy?

(rhetorical question, folks. Rhetorical question.)
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    --General James Mattis, USMC

Forum Member

Default Bait and Bully

George....now your baiting and bullying ...have you no pride????
    Respectfully,
    Jay Dudley
    Retired Fire
    Background Investigator
    IACOJ-Member
    Lifetime Member CSFA
    IAFF Alumni Member

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by EastKyFF View Post
    When has our government ever changed any policy in response to a homicidal attack launched in protest of that policy?

(rhetorical question, folks. Rhetorical question.)
    Good question. Better question, when has the U.S. Government ever looked out for the people. Heck look at Knucklehead Pelosi. The American people have spoken, we don't wnat your Health Care Dis-formation. Yet, Pelosi is so stupid she says ""We (Liberal Democrats) will go through the gate," "If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn't work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health care reform passed for the American people for their own..."
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ScareCrow57 View Post
    Good question. Better question, when has the U.S. Government ever looked out for the people. Heck look at Knucklehead Pelosi. The American people have spoken, we don't wnat your Health Care Dis-formation. Yet, Pelosi is so stupid she says ""We (Liberal Democrats) will go through the gate," "If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn't work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health care reform passed for the American people for their own..."
    Bad as the plan is, why is it in the conversation? Not because one frustrated voter flew a plane into a building, but because the uproar across the country was too loud to ignore. Never mind the fact that it's not resulting in anything productive; that happens with most issues these days, it seems. The point is, health care became an issue when rank-and-file America raised a stink. If this piece of trash in Texas would have put his energies into doing something constructive about tax reform, his odds of success would have been a lot higher.

And maybe, just maybe, he was suicidal anyway and used the tax issue as a scapegoat.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    --General James Mattis, USMC

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by JayDudley View Post
    George....now your baiting and bullying ...have you no pride????
    Does the nursing home let you use the computer whenever you want?

Forum Member

Default Precious

Georgie...at least your consistant.....turn the page and move on.
    Respectfully,
    Jay Dudley
    Retired Fire
    Background Investigator
    IACOJ-Member
    Lifetime Member CSFA
    IAFF Alumni Member

Forum Member

I don't believe SC ever said this guy was a hero.

He said he understood the reasons why he did it.

There is a very big difference.

Forum Member

OK, usually I'm very quiet on these boards and only look on an laugh... But this conversation is the most bizarre thing I have ever had the misfortune to read. Did anyone who is trying to support that nut job terrorist even read his manifesto. I did. It was the writing of a sick and troubled mind. His litany of slights and injuries was as sad and pathetic. This terrorist made his own problem and blamed everyone else for his mistakes but he could not blame himself. He shifted his responsibility to the government (when it was not their fault he didn't pay his taxes) and took out his vengeance on the nearest target.

In his manifesto he basically claims to be a broken man. Yes, a broken man with his own business, a very nice house, and HIS OWN PLANE!

There is NEVER a good reason for terrorism (which this act was). Those workers in that building did nothing wrong but attempt to do their jobs.

It seems to me that because they worked for the Feds several of you seem to think it is OK. What if this man would have been an anti-local government zealot and crashed his plane in to City/County Hall, Fire Department/District, Police Station, or a school? Would you still try to justify his actions? Would you still "understand?"

This terrorist made his own problem and blamed everyone else for his mistakes but he could not blame himself. He shifted his responsibility to the government (when it was not their fault he didn't pay his taxes) and took out his vengeance on the nearest target.

This is a sad situation. SHAME ON YOU ALL...

MembersZone Subscriber

Georgie...at least your consistant.....turn the page and move on.
    Way to take up for the bad guy. You are the man!
    Stay Safe
    Bull

“Guys if you get hurt, we’ll help you. If you get sick we’ll treat you. If you want to bitch and moan, then all I can tell you is to flick the sand out of your slit, suck it up or get the hell out!”
    - Capt. Marc Cox CFD

Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result.
    -WINSTON CHURCHILL

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Backwooder View Post
    OK, usually I'm very quiet on these boards and only look on an laugh... But this conversation is the most bizarre thing I have ever had the misfortune to read. Did anyone who is trying to support that nut job terrorist even read his manifesto. I did. It was the writing of a sick and troubled mind. His litany of slights and injuries was as sad and pathetic. This terrorist made his own problem and blamed everyone else for his mistakes but he could not blame himself. He shifted his responsibility to the government (when it was not their fault he didn't pay his taxes) and took out his vengeance on the nearest target.

In his manifesto he basically claims to be a broken man. Yes, a broken man with his own business, a very nice house, and HIS OWN PLANE!

There is NEVER a good reason for terrorism (which this act was). Those workers in that building did nothing wrong but attempt to do their jobs.

It seems to me that because they worked for the Feds several of you seem to think it is OK. What if this man would have been an anti-local government zealot and crashed his plane in to City/County Hall, Fire Department/District, Police Station, or a school? Would you still try to justify his actions? Would you still "understand?"

This terrorist made his own problem and blamed everyone else for his mistakes but he could not blame himself. He shifted his responsibility to the government (when it was not their fault he didn't pay his taxes) and took out his vengeance on the nearest target.

This is a sad situation. SHAME ON YOU ALL...
    I haven't seen anyone supporting his actions. I did read his ramblings. In one point he states that he followed the rules as written but was told that didn't apply to him and he had to pay more in taxes. Of course we don't know the whole story, only one side because the IRS is mum on the whole thing. It is entirely possible that he IRS did screw this guy over like so many others.

I understand why radical Muslims are angry with the west. I understand why arsonist start fires. I understand why thieves rob. Understanding why someone did what they did does not mean support. It merely means you understand what drove them to do what they did.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LaFireEducator View Post
    I don't believe SC ever said this guy was a hero.

He said he understood the reasons why he did it.

There is a very big difference.
    Nope, never said that he was a hero. Although it seems a few are so infatuated they put those words in there for me.

Forum Member

I'm back!

This man is a terrorist. Plain and simple. No different than the terrorists who flew jumbo jets into the WTC.

His daughter has subsequently retracted her statements about her dad's heroism.

I read part of his rambling missive. Like a poster on these boards he blames others for his personal failings.

I wouldn't be surprised to read that he empathizes.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

Forum Member

Default Replies

I'm a firm believer in responding to a thread in a civil manner regardless of what you think of that person or their response. I also believe there is absolute free speech that is expressed on this site. What Dislike is those individuals who pick every little detail about your response until it's dead and they still try to kick'm. I might not be the best at getting my point across and I will have grammatical errors but I think we would get what I was trying to say. Those who Bully and slam a person I think can get their point across without the slander and nastiness. With those who have departed I have tried to extend the olive branch only to have them shove it down my throat. I think those who have left had helpful knowledge ..it was their delivery that was upsetting.
    I know that we all don't agree with those who obviously have no idea what the Fire Service is about...let them say what they want and ignore them if you wish..but it's the rudeness is what is upsetting.
    Respectfully,
    Jay Dudley
    Retired Fire
    Background Investigator
    IACOJ-Member
    Lifetime Member CSFA
    IAFF Alumni Member

MembersZone Subscriber

I'm a firm believer in responding to a thread in a civil manner regardless of what you think of that person or their response. I also believe there is absolute free speech that is expressed on this site. What Dislike is those individuals who pick every little detail about your response until it's dead and they still try to kick'm. I might not be the best at getting my point across and I will have grammatical errors but I think we would get what I was trying to say. Those who Bully and slam a person I think can get their point across without the slander and nastiness. With those who have departed I have tried to extend the olive branch only to have them shove it down my throat. I think those who have left had helpful knowledge ..it was their delivery that was upsetting.
    I know that we all don't agree with those who obviously have no idea what the Fire Service is about...let them say what they want and ignore them if you wish..but it's the rudeness is what is upsetting.
    I guess that your the reason George is in time out. So what you are saying in a around about way is that you are a rat. Not trying to be rude, just asking.
    Stay Safe
    Bull

“Guys if you get hurt, we’ll help you. If you get sick we’ll treat you. If you want to bitch and moan, then all I can tell you is to flick the sand out of your slit, suck it up or get the hell out!”
    - Capt. Marc Cox CFD

-WINSTON CHURCHILL

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by BULL321 View Post
    I guess that your the reason George is in time out. So what you are saying in a around about way is that you are a rat. Not trying to be rude, just asking.
    I don't think thats at all true BULL. George threw a temper tantrum and stalked off of his own volition. Can't see how it can be anyone elses fault.

Forum Member

Exclamation Disaster Site

Here we go again...

Can we hold one single conversation without someone hurling a personal attack?

You guys are certainly entitled to your opinions, and you do not have to agree with anyone. But we do not need the 'seek and destroy' thing everytime someone makes a comment that another doesn't agree with.

My God... get over the crap. It is like listening to two kids on a playground...

"I'm right"
    "No I'm right"
    "No your not... I'm right"

Some takes sides and try to start a dogpile just because of different opinions.

It reduces this forum to the lowest level of the swamp.

I swear, I'm starting to believe that some people cannot get through their day if they don't poke someone in the eye. Nothing but a bunch of drama.

Debate is one thing but attacking someone over their opinion is no longer debate... and it is certainly not very professional.

Webteam... here is an idea... I know you have alot to do... but why don't you just start locking this crap down everytime we prove we can't play well with others. Maybe we can learn to get along.

I'm sure someone has something they are just itching to say to me. Go ahead, prove me right.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please lock this topic. It has gone off the rails.
    Last edited by PaladinKnight; 02-25-2010 at 06:05 AM.
    HAVE PLAN.............WILL TRAVEL

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by BryanLoader View Post
    I don't think thats at all true BULL. George threw a temper tantrum and stalked off of his own volition. Can't see how it can be anyone elses fault.
    Fare enough. If George left on his own, or if the WT just happen to float by, see a violation and acted, then fine. And I apologize if I have offended anyone, I'm truly sorry. But if someone threw him under the bus then I do have a problem with it.

PaladinKnight.
    If I have offended you brother, I'm sorry.

Disclaimer: the use of the word "you" does not mean "you" the reader.

But this is the way I look at it, some name calling, cursing, poking at each other, by itself or in any combination is fine to a point, it just like being "on the job." and like the real world we're not all going to get along. Oh well that is life. But the main thing is what happens on the shift stays on the shift. Short of someone breaking the law, not rules, but the law (within reason) you don't go running to the brass every time your feelings get hurt. Heck the Brass has more important things to worry about then "your" paintes getting in a wad. That being what it is, I don't like rats, tattle tells or what ever you would like to call them. Those guys that kiss the boss mans arse to gain favor or to make themself look better, by pointing the finger at others.

If anyone needs to be "call out" to the guys, it's the rat, so that we can protect ourselves or just steer clear him or her. Especially if they brag about getting someone kick off.

What is worse, those might hurt the sensitive guys feelings, or the guy that runs to the boss/wt and rats you out. While I don't like being embarrassed anymore than the next guy, I hate having to live "in fear" that someone going to run to the WT in an attempt to get me kicked off the forums because they did not like what I said. Its like living in Nazi Germany or the USSR and worrying about your neighbors turning you into the secrete police.
    Stay Safe
    Bull

- Capt. Marc Cox CFD

-WINSTON CHURCHILL

Forum Member

Default Rat

If your calling me a "Rat" then someone needs to get the facts before you start throwing that moniker out... I'm here on this site to help those who ask for opinions on what they need to do or how to do it. There is no reason to start throwing out "Rat" to who ever you feel has run George off. He did that on his own and was not kicked off. There is no room for anyone to berate or harass anyone who asks a question....irregardless of how stupid you think it is. If you dislike what some one is saying...then just turn the page and move on. There is no need to call someone out...let them go and move on. It makes for a better site and we can all help each other out.
    Respectfully,
    Jay Dudley
    Retired Fire
    Background Investigator
    IACOJ-Member
    Lifetime Member CSFA
    IAFF Alumni Member

MembersZone Subscriber

If your calling me a "Rat" then someone needs to get the facts before you start throwing that moniker out... I'm here on this site to help those who ask for opinions on what they need to do or how to do it. There is no reason to start throwing out "Rat" to who ever you feel has run George off. He did that on his own and was not kicked off. There is no room for anyone to berate or harass anyone who asks a question....irregardless of how stupid you think it is. If you dislike what some one is saying...then just turn the page and move on. There is no need to call someone out...let them go and move on. It makes for a better site and we can all help each other out.
    If you did not throw George under the bus and I have falsely "called you out" then I apologize to you sir. I'm big enough to admit when I am wrong. I have grown to like the taste of Crow.

But just one more question. If you feel so strongly about people not harassing or berating other for any reason and that we should all just turn the page and move on then why do you feel the need to jump people whom you feel are in the wrong? Kinda reminds me of a teacher, I had in high school who would raise hell about the kids talking in class and how they were wasting the time. By the time she had finish her rant she had wasted more of the classes time than the unruly students had.
    Stay Safe
    Bull

- Capt. Marc Cox CFD

-WINSTON CHURCHILL

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BULL321 View Post
    Fare enough. If George left on his own, or if the WT just happen to float by, see a violation and acted, then fine. And I apologize if I have offended anyone, I'm truly sorry. But if someone threw him under the bus then I do have a problem with it.

PaladinKnight.
    If I have offended you brother, I'm sorry.

Disclaimer: the use of the word "you" does not mean "you" the reader.

But this is the way I look at it, some name calling, cursing, poking at each other, by itself or in any combination is fine to a point, it just like being "on the job." and like the real world we're not all going to get along. Oh well that is life. But the main thing is what happens on the shift stays on the shift. Short of someone breaking the law, not rules, but the law (within reason) you don't go running to the brass every time your feelings get hurt. Heck the Brass has more important things to worry about then "your" paintes getting in a wad. That being what it is, I don't like rats, tattle tells or what ever you would like to call them. Those guys that kiss the boss mans arse to gain favor or to make themself look better, by pointing the finger at others.

If anyone needs to be "call out" to the guys, it's the rat, so that we can protect ourselves or just steer clear him or her. Especially if they brag about getting someone kick off.

What is worse, those might hurt the sensitive guys feelings, or the guy that runs to the boss/wt and rats you out. While I don't like being embarrassed anymore than the next guy, I hate having to live "in fear" that someone going to run to the WT in an attempt to get me kicked off the forums because they did not like what I said. Its like living in Nazi Germany or the USSR and worrying about your neighbors turning you into the secrete police.
    I suspect George was given a warning and then continued on ignoring the warning. I can only speculate. One night in a weak moment I let him get to me and I blew him in to the WT, something I regret, but what is done is done. I regret it because I let him get to me and because I stooped to the level of whining to the WT. However, George received a warning for an inappropriate post and life went on (sort of). Shortly there after he got his time out.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by ScareCrow57 View Post
    I suspect George was given a warning and then continued on ignoring the warning. I can only speculate. One night in a weak moment I let him get to me and I blew him in to the WT, something I regret, but what is done is done. I regret it because I let him get to me and because I stooped to the level of whining to the WT. However, George received a warning for an inappropriate post and life went on (sort of). Shortly there after he got his time out.
    Go freaking figure! Well if nothing else at least you are honest.

Mr. Dudley, I was wrong. You were correct. I am sorry, please except my apology.
    Stay Safe
    Bull

- Capt. Marc Cox CFD

-WINSTON CHURCHILL

Thread Information