Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 99
  1. #21
    Forum Member CaptOldTimer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 1999
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    7,199

    Default

    And we thought Jimmy Boy was bad.......
    Last edited by CaptOldTimer; 07-08-2011 at 01:53 PM.
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

    Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers


  2. #22
    Forum Member DaSharkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Posts
    4,713

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    After having an $8T dollar hole blown in the economy, filling it is a little more difficult than cleaning up a spill on aisle four.
    One that the Dems were as much a part of as the Republicans.

    Yet the Dems are now in power and are finding more adn more programs to fund. There are many places to cut spending, yet the politicians have no political will or intestinal fortitude to do it. Could have saved $2,000,000,000 by not doing cars for clunkers. Could save billions annually by cutting COPS, FIRE Act, and SAFER grants. Could save billions annually by cutting farm subsidies. Could save billions by cutting tax cuts for home buyers. It all adds up, yet the politicians - in both parties - don't want to touch it.

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Given the profligate spending that occurred during Bush's administration two possibilities exist. One is that Clinton kept the potential profligate spenders in the GOP congress in check. Or that GOP's are only fiscal conservatives when someone else has their hands on the purse strings. Take your pick.
    Or the Republicans just got drunk with power and turned outright stupid. Now, the Dems are just continuing to do the exact same thing they chastised Republicans for doing and are going to get a lot of arses handed to them in Noevember.

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    I'm thinking at least five to six years. That precludes an outside influence like a spike in energy costs or a terrorist attack that puts a dent in the economy.
    Well, you have 3 budgets passed under Democratic "control" of Congress, have a fourth coming up this yerar (with a record 1.6 trillion in deficit spending), so that means next year you better hope things get better being that it will be the fifth year of Democratic "control" of the budget.

    Nothing will change, regardless of who is in power and our nation is in for a huge financial problem. On top of huge deficits and debts, we have unfunded obligations that are going to explode over the next 30 years that include Social Security, and ballooning Medicaid and Medicare. These will result in massive taxation increases and program cuts that could be limited if they acted now, instead of being reactionary.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

    The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

    "No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

    "As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

    www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

  3. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Given the profligate spending that occurred during Bush's administration two possibilities exist. One is that Clinton kept the potential profligate spenders in the GOP congress in check. Or that GOP's are only fiscal conservatives when someone else has their hands on the purse strings. Take your pick.
    What Clinton did was ride the Wave of the good economy that had been set up for him. In addition, he reduced the Military by 1/3, that is a huge savings. He was able to reduce the size of the Military because Reagan had won the cold war. Also, there were increase in technology that allowed for quicker and more precise strikes when needed. Spending went up while Clinton was in office, he set up those who followed him for failure by putting NAFTA in place. NAFTA cost this country dearly in terms of lost jobs and lost income.

  4. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DaSharkie View Post
    One that the Dems were as much a part of as the Republicans.

    Yet the Dems are now in power and are finding more adn more programs to fund. There are many places to cut spending, yet the politicians have no political will or intestinal fortitude to do it. Could have saved $2,000,000,000 by not doing cars for clunkers. Could save billions annually by cutting COPS, FIRE Act, and SAFER grants. Could save billions annually by cutting farm subsidies. Could save billions by cutting tax cuts for home buyers. It all adds up, yet the politicians - in both parties - don't want to touch it.



    Or the Republicans just got drunk with power and turned outright stupid. Now, the Dems are just continuing to do the exact same thing they chastised Republicans for doing and are going to get a lot of arses handed to them in Noevember.



    Well, you have 3 budgets passed under Democratic "control" of Congress, have a fourth coming up this yerar (with a record 1.6 trillion in deficit spending), so that means next year you better hope things get better being that it will be the fifth year of Democratic "control" of the budget.

    Nothing will change, regardless of who is in power and our nation is in for a huge financial problem. On top of huge deficits and debts, we have unfunded obligations that are going to explode over the next 30 years that include Social Security, and ballooning Medicaid and Medicare. These will result in massive taxation increases and program cuts that could be limited if they acted now, instead of being reactionary.
    It's funny in NY right now. The governor is trying to make cuts, and every swinging special interest is running ads as to why the cuts are bad.

    He wants to close a bunch of State Parks; activist and citizens have come out of the woodwork on this one. Let's close a bunch of prisons and consolidate them. The Union screams because they will lose jobs. Increase Tuition; can't do that says SUNY. We are getting bombarded these days, in the end no cuts will be made.

  5. #25
    Back In Black ChiefKN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    The Nice Part of New Jersey
    Posts
    6,981

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by doughesson View Post
    Does that mean we are going to have to pay for Louisiana,Tennessee,Mississipp i,parts of Kentucky and other states all over again or is Barack Hussein Obama showing his ignorance of American history?
    Do we have the option to return it?
    I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

    "The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list."

    "When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

  6. #26
    Forum Member scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DaSharkie View Post
    Or the Republicans just got drunk with power and turned outright stupid. Now, the Dems are just continuing to do the exact same thing they chastised Republicans for doing and are going to get a lot of arses handed to them in Noevember.
    I'd be willing to accept that if there were threads started by you or anyone else that was critical of those actions.

    You have yet to show me that was in the case while claiming to be objective.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  7. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,677

    Default

    When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. Author Unknown

    How true this is ....

  8. #28
    Forum Member Raughammer1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    667

    Default This was my heart, my choice and my health,"

    Quote Originally Posted by BryanLoader View Post
    I have to laugh when some on here like to point fingers at those Commie Pinko Socialist Canadians. Here, if your employer gives you a gym membership, pays for extra health care such as drug prescriptions, eyeglasses, transit passes, it is a taxable benefit and you pay taxes on that benefit. In the USA, land of no govt interference, capitalism, laissez faire, it isn't. Hell you have govt health insurance now, just twice or more expensive than anywhere else in the world.
    Great Moments in Socialized Medicine

    "This was my heart, my choice and my health," said Danny Williams this week. Williams isn't just any heart patient, however. He's the Premier of the Canadian province of Newfoundland and Labrador, and he had heart surgery, not at the local hospital under CanadaCare, but in Miami.

    If Canada's health care is so great, why did Williams travel 2,500 miles for surgery? Because "I did not sign away my right to get the best possible health care for myself when I entered politics." In other words, socialized medicine leaves something to be desired. Namely, "the best possible care."

    Doctors in Canada advised him that the only way to repair a heart valve problem was through a full or partial sternotomy, which would require breaking bones. However, when he was referred to Miami's Mount Sinai Medical Center by a fellow Canadian practicing cardiology in New Jersey, he found that he could be treated with only an incision under his arm. This procedure "was not offered to me in Canada," he said.

    Notwithstanding the superior care he received under a system that is at least somewhat based on the free market, Williams still declared his support of Canadian medicine, saying, "I have the utmost confidence in our own health care system." Actions speak louder than words, Mr. Williams. Furthermore, if ObamaCare passes, where will other wealthy Canadians go for health care?

    ----------
    Draw your own conclusions.....

    Raugh.
    01.20.13
    Change We Can Believe In.

  9. #29
    Forum Member DaSharkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Posts
    4,713

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    I'd be willing to accept that if there were threads started by you or anyone else that was critical of those actions.

    You have yet to show me that was in the case while claiming to be objective.
    I never claimed to start a thread on the subject. That is your bar to be met, I have however made the same statement numerous times. I guess that I should start one just to shut you up.

    I never claimed to be objective either. At least I admit it, unlike you. I lay blame at the feet of both parties - while you only ever blame one, despite being shown otherwise.

    Show me one time that I claimed to be objective on the matter. You won't, because you are a coward and lack the intestinal fortitude to back up your statements. I have asked you before to back up several accusations that you made against me using my own statements - and you have failed to do so. I eageraly await your typical non-action on the matter.
    Last edited by DaSharkie; 02-27-2010 at 06:00 PM.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

    The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

    "No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

    "As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

    www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

  10. #30
    MembersZone Subscriber
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Canuck Expat May be anywhere
    Posts
    2,906

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raughammer1 View Post
    Great Moments in Socialized Medicine

    "This was my heart, my choice and my health," said Danny Williams this week. Williams isn't just any heart patient, however. He's the Premier of the Canadian province of Newfoundland and Labrador, and he had heart surgery, not at the local hospital under CanadaCare, but in Miami.

    If Canada's health care is so great, why did Williams travel 2,500 miles for surgery? Because "I did not sign away my right to get the best possible health care for myself when I entered politics." In other words, socialized medicine leaves something to be desired. Namely, "the best possible care."

    Doctors in Canada advised him that the only way to repair a heart valve problem was through a full or partial sternotomy, which would require breaking bones. However, when he was referred to Miami's Mount Sinai Medical Center by a fellow Canadian practicing cardiology in New Jersey, he found that he could be treated with only an incision under his arm. This procedure "was not offered to me in Canada," he said.

    Notwithstanding the superior care he received under a system that is at least somewhat based on the free market, Williams still declared his support of Canadian medicine, saying, "I have the utmost confidence in our own health care system." Actions speak louder than words, Mr. Williams. Furthermore, if ObamaCare passes, where will other wealthy Canadians go for health care?

    ----------
    Draw your own conclusions.....

    Raugh.
    I have no idea what your post was supposed to prove. I've certainly never argued that people who can afford it do go to the states for medical treatment, just as many Americans come to Canada for prescriptions. My point is, you already have taxpayer funded medical system if you receive a medical plan as part of your employment and don't pay taxes on it. You just pay twice as much as anyone else in the world.

  11. #31
    Forum Member DaSharkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Posts
    4,713

    Default

    Likely that his point was that the procedure would have been covered by a person's insurance. The recovery was quicker, with less scarring, less pain, lower complication risk, and fewer hospital days required.

    The requirement of having a sternotomy vs. a laparoscopic procedure is quite huge. No different than a laparoscopic procedure vs. open appy, open cholecystectomy, open hernia repair, open Nissen fundoplication, etc...,

    Sadly we do pay more, and there are many reasons for it. However, government-run health care does NOTHING to reduce the cost of healthcare. The same will be true in the United States when it comes.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

    The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

    "No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

    "As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

    www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

  12. #32
    MembersZone Subscriber
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Canuck Expat May be anywhere
    Posts
    2,906

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DaSharkie View Post
    Likely that his point was that the procedure would have been covered by a person's insurance. The recovery was quicker, with less scarring, less pain, lower complication risk, and fewer hospital days required.

    The requirement of having a sternotomy vs. a laparoscopic procedure is quite huge. No different than a laparoscopic procedure vs. open appy, open cholecystectomy, open hernia repair, open Nissen fundoplication, etc...,

    Sadly we do pay more, and there are many reasons for it. However, government-run health care does NOTHING to reduce the cost of healthcare. The same will be true in the United States when it comes.
    You may well be correct Sharkie, I know your medical knowledge far surpasses mine. Why then does your per capita medical care in the US almost double Canadas and nearly all the rest of the world?

  13. #33
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    St. Louis area
    Posts
    101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Considering the Bush's predecessor left him a surplus and balanced budget those were valid claims. Obama inherited a disaster from Bush.

    BTW, that didn't stop Bush from blaming Clinton for the deficit as late as July 2008.
    What?????

    That was thankfully from the Newt Gingrich led congress and "The Contract with America" how do you liberals forget that?

    How also do you deny that the Bush administration tried to reign in Fannie and Freddie as early as 2001, here is a link I'm sure you won't watch it because it's truth. And there is plenty more out there.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMnSp4qEXNM

  14. #34
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    St. Louis area
    Posts
    101

    Default

    Liberals, listen up;

    I am not trying to demean you or say that you are stupid. It is not your fault (well kinda) that you believe in the things you do or have voted blindly the way you have but hopefully won’t anymore.

    The left (liberals, Democrats) have been in power (control) for over 90% of our history as a country. I’m not sure you realize this; actually I know you don’t realize this. They have been running the Government for most of the time since the end of the revolutionary war. They started WW1, WW2, Korea and Vietnam and Jimmy Carter helped overthrow the Shaw of Iran.

    The left is the ruling elite. There is a long perpetrated myth that Republicans are the rich. This is a lie. This is one of the first lies the left uses. The left have the best and most experienced spin-doctors in the business; they have been perfecting their craft for 200 years. They have the majority of the major media on their side. They also have idiots from Hollywood, the actor tards (most never went past high school) and idiots from MTV.

    Obama has brought the corrupt Chicago political machine to Washington. He has surrounded him self with criminals and tax cheats and changes the way the Government runs. WTF is a Czar? We have like 19 of them. A czar is actually a position of royalty and our constitution prohibits that. Some one not elected cannot make law or policy.

    If someone emerges from the right they attack and smear that person, this is what fear and facts do to liberals. Over the years the Left has crafted their lies and agenda through society that half of the country believes it.

    As a Liberal you believe that George Bush is evil and an idiot and you believe you yourself arrived at that decision all by your self, you didn’t. George Bush graduated from both Harvard and Yale. GW is very intelligent and you have been sucked into the Liberal agenda. GW did not worry about what liberals thought of him and did not attack back; the left would never take the high road.

    As a liberal you believe that ”you” determined Sarah Palin is stupid, we should be so lucky as to have her in the White House. The left and the media mounted a full frontal assault on Sarah that is unprecedented ever in politics. Sarah is exactly what this Country needs. Sarah is a real person, not fake like Obama. She is a Mother, a wife, a Governor a Grand Mother, a Christian, a Mother of a special needs child. She has ran a State, balanced budgets and is not afraid to do the right thing even if it goes against her party. She has nothing to do with the Beltway and you do not have to have anything to do with it to get things done. Can one friggin Liberal tell me a Liberal that can compete with that? The Liberals are scared to death of her so they go to their old playbook of trying to smear her and call her stupid. If you think that you have arrived at a decision that Sarah is unqualified or stupid then you have been brain washed by the left, you are the “Sheeple” they want supporting them.

  15. #35
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    St. Louis area
    Posts
    101

    Default

    Continued:

    John McCain was the wrong candidate to run for President, he is not a true conservative. If you reach across the isle you loose.

    Where a lot of you got sucked in was where the left campaigned that J Mac would be a continuation of GW. That was not true and liberals probably would have actually liked the way J Mac would have leaned to the left. He was the lesser of two evils though.

    Liberals, you voted for change, your gonna get more than you bargained for. Obama said whatever he needed to too whom ever he was addressing. The one promise he will keep is, he will raise taxes.

    In the first 90 days this administration had tripled our debt, taken over private companies and banks, printed money. In seven months they have already spent more money that the previous administration did in eight years. You do not spend your way out of debt. This is socialism.

    Now they want to regulate what Americans can make, WTF? Since when is it the Governments right to tell me what you or I can make. The administration now says we can’t use the words Terrorists or the war on Terrorism, Bullsh*t!!! Over 4000 brave Americans have died fighting the war on terrorism. To put that number in perspective their have been more people killed in violent crimes in Atlanta, Detroit and LA the last two years than that. (The press doesn’t cover that though).

    They have hanging out there the Cap & Trade bill. This will be the largest tax ever imposed on man, we will lose millions of jobs and everyone will pay for it. GLOBAL WARMING IS NOT TRUE! All this crap is based on false science. Who made up “Carbon Footprint”? Or “Reproductive Healthcare”? Seriously that is the dumbest sh*t ever.

    Healthcare, wow where to start? It’s funny the number of uninsured went down from 46 million to 30 million actually it’s more like 26 million because he’s still counting illegal aliens. You then have another 20 million and in that group you have the ones that think they are young and invincible and don’t need insurance and you could buy insurance but who would rather buy a new car or cell phone or Ipods. I’m sorry I’m not going to pay for their insurance. There is a constitutional amendment that guarantees health not be denied due to in ability pay and it works. Yes we need to tweak the system but Obama care is not the answer. Sheeple please don’t just blindly jump on board of any plan that comes from the left.

    Liberals how can you not see that the stimulus and cars for clunkers was not payback from Obama to his supporters? It is time to wake up. When you realize you have been spoon fed and lied to all these years you are going to be so ****ed off.

  16. #36
    Forum Member scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by baja320 View Post
    Liberals, listen up;

    I am not trying to demean you or say that you are stupid. It is not your fault (well kinda) that you believe in the things you do or have voted blindly the way you have but hopefully won’t anymore.

    The left (liberals, Democrats) have been in power (control) for over 90% of our history as a country. I’m not sure you realize this; actually I know you don’t realize this. They have been running the Government for most of the time since the end of the revolutionary war. They started WW1, WW2, Korea and Vietnam and Jimmy Carter helped overthrow the Shaw of Iran.

    The left is the ruling elite. There is a long perpetrated myth that Republicans are the rich. This is a lie. This is one of the first lies the left uses. The left have the best and most experienced spin-doctors in the business; they have been perfecting their craft for 200 years. They have the majority of the major media on their side. They also have idiots from Hollywood, the actor tards (most never went past high school) and idiots from MTV.

    Obama has brought the corrupt Chicago political machine to Washington. He has surrounded him self with criminals and tax cheats and changes the way the Government runs. WTF is a Czar? We have like 19 of them. A czar is actually a position of royalty and our constitution prohibits that. Some one not elected cannot make law or policy.

    If someone emerges from the right they attack and smear that person, this is what fear and facts do to liberals. Over the years the Left has crafted their lies and agenda through society that half of the country believes it.

    As a Liberal you believe that George Bush is evil and an idiot and you believe you yourself arrived at that decision all by your self, you didn’t. George Bush graduated from both Harvard and Yale. GW is very intelligent and you have been sucked into the Liberal agenda. GW did not worry about what liberals thought of him and did not attack back; the left would never take the high road.

    As a liberal you believe that ”you” determined Sarah Palin is stupid, we should be so lucky as to have her in the White House. The left and the media mounted a full frontal assault on Sarah that is unprecedented ever in politics. Sarah is exactly what this Country needs. Sarah is a real person, not fake like Obama. She is a Mother, a wife, a Governor a Grand Mother, a Christian, a Mother of a special needs child. She has ran a State, balanced budgets and is not afraid to do the right thing even if it goes against her party. She has nothing to do with the Beltway and you do not have to have anything to do with it to get things done. Can one friggin Liberal tell me a Liberal that can compete with that? The Liberals are scared to death of her so they go to their old playbook of trying to smear her and call her stupid. If you think that you have arrived at a decision that Sarah is unqualified or stupid then you have been brain washed by the left, you are the “Sheeple” they want supporting them.

    Quote Originally Posted by baja320 View Post
    Continued:

    John McCain was the wrong candidate to run for President, he is not a true conservative. If you reach across the isle you loose.

    Where a lot of you got sucked in was where the left campaigned that J Mac would be a continuation of GW. That was not true and liberals probably would have actually liked the way J Mac would have leaned to the left. He was the lesser of two evils though.

    Liberals, you voted for change, your gonna get more than you bargained for. Obama said whatever he needed to too whom ever he was addressing. The one promise he will keep is, he will raise taxes.

    In the first 90 days this administration had tripled our debt, taken over private companies and banks, printed money. In seven months they have already spent more money that the previous administration did in eight years. You do not spend your way out of debt. This is socialism.

    Now they want to regulate what Americans can make, WTF? Since when is it the Governments right to tell me what you or I can make. The administration now says we can’t use the words Terrorists or the war on Terrorism, Bullsh*t!!! Over 4000 brave Americans have died fighting the war on terrorism. To put that number in perspective their have been more people killed in violent crimes in Atlanta, Detroit and LA the last two years than that. (The press doesn’t cover that though).

    They have hanging out there the Cap & Trade bill. This will be the largest tax ever imposed on man, we will lose millions of jobs and everyone will pay for it. GLOBAL WARMING IS NOT TRUE! All this crap is based on false science. Who made up “Carbon Footprint”? Or “Reproductive Healthcare”? Seriously that is the dumbest sh*t ever.

    Healthcare, wow where to start? It’s funny the number of uninsured went down from 46 million to 30 million actually it’s more like 26 million because he’s still counting illegal aliens. You then have another 20 million and in that group you have the ones that think they are young and invincible and don’t need insurance and you could buy insurance but who would rather buy a new car or cell phone or Ipods. I’m sorry I’m not going to pay for their insurance. There is a constitutional amendment that guarantees health not be denied due to in ability pay and it works. Yes we need to tweak the system but Obama care is not the answer. Sheeple please don’t just blindly jump on board of any plan that comes from the left.

    Liberals how can you not see that the stimulus and cars for clunkers was not payback from Obama to his supporters? It is time to wake up. When you realize you have been spoon fed and lied to all these years you are going to be so ****ed off.
    Always appreciated when the marginally literate step forward to try and explain history, as it was fed to them by the sites they frequent.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  17. #37
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    St. Louis area
    Posts
    101

    Default

    Is that what you have been instructed to say?

  18. #38
    Forum Member scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by baja320 View Post
    Is that what you have been instructed to say?
    Very funny. Your tomes are a farce from start to finish. But do keep up with the wacko soundbites.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  19. #39
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    St. Louis area
    Posts
    101

    Default

    I know facts confuse liberals, sorry.

  20. #40
    Forum Member Raughammer1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    667

    Exclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by BryanLoader View Post
    I have no idea what your post was supposed to prove. I've certainly never argued that people who can afford it do go to the states for medical treatment, just as many Americans come to Canada for prescriptions. My point is, you already have taxpayer funded medical system if you receive a medical plan as part of your employment and don't pay taxes on it. You just pay twice as much as anyone else in the world.
    To prove? That Canada with its socialized medicine cannot provide the worlds best medical care. That the best of the best medical practitioners practice here in America. That America has superior care and that we would be making a mistake to embrace a inferior product that is incapable as is of providing the best medical care.
    That point was driven home when the freaking Premier of the Canadian province of Newfoundland and Labrador bolted from Canada in pursuit of the worlds best medical care...in America.

    Both of my families GP doctors are from Canada, both practice here in Texas, both have said it is because they cannot make the money they are making in America in Canada. They both practice in Texas because Texas' tort laws protect them from frivilous law suits and lower their medical malpractice insurance as compared to many of the other states.

    If you are incapable of taking care of your own why would we want to emulate you?
    01.20.13
    Change We Can Believe In.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Auzzies And Obama
    By MalahatTwo7 in forum News Center
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 01-19-2009, 06:40 PM
  2. Replies: 60
    Last Post: 02-16-2006, 10:38 PM
  3. FYI in CA
    By hootman in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 09-28-2004, 12:04 AM
  4. President Bush
    By FF.1205 in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-10-2001, 06:37 AM
  5. President Bush to REMOVE funding
    By ffMikeKfd in forum Fire Politics
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-24-2001, 11:28 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts