Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Always appreciated when the marginally literate step forward to try and explain history, as it was fed to them by the sites they frequent.
    Typical personal attack by SC.

Sad....
    Change We Can Believe In.

Quote Originally Posted by baja320 View Post
    I know facts confuse liberals, sorry.
    Like which facts?

I've dispelled almost all of your points over the years. You're just another in a long line cut and paste posters believing this nonsense to be reality.

Believe what you want. The rest of us in the real world will manage despite your beliefs to the contrary.

You forgot one other key nonsensical conservative mantra. Reagan shrank the government and the deficit.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

Quote Originally Posted by BryanLoader View Post
    You may well be correct Sharkie, I know your medical knowledge far surpasses mine. Why then does your per capita medical care in the US almost double Canadas and nearly all the rest of the world?
    As to why it costs more? E-gads man, I am just a grunt in the trenches of Emergency Medicine but we don't have the time to even start on that question.

Just last night I had a 20 year old who wanted a Pregnancy test. Costs a buck at the dollar store, but goes to the ED to get it so she does not have to pay a co-pay (i.e. free.) So $2,000 later she finds out she is pregnant. I could give you anecdotal case after case as to why health care is so expensive.

Sadly, much of it is cultural. Dartmouth-Hitch**** Medical Center in Hanover, NH has a lot of good, solid, reliable studies in the past several years about health care costs. Last November 60 Minutes did a phenominal story on this matter. Given that the helath care system spends almost half of your entire life-span health care costs in the last 6 months of your life. People can't say bye, and can't give up on a truly hopeless situation.

This is the link to story. Well worth the 12 minutes of your time:

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?...in;contentBody

We have a shortage of health care providers for all specialties and Internal/General/Family medicine which raises costs of care. Obesity and all the secondary diseases that occur from it (diabetes, stroke, hypertension, cancers, MIs, etc..,) The cost of treating the explosion of diabetes alone in the last 20 years on an annual basis is in the billions - much of it being preventable.

But my premise that government reduction of spending is a farce. It will never occur because the same procedures and standard of care will still be demanded, they will still receive a pacemaker when they are 85 years old, bed ridden, and have an Ejection Fraction of less than 15% at a cost of more than $80,000 for that surgery........because the family wants it. I have seen it before a few times, and in the remainder of my career I guarantee you that I will see it again. Probably in the next few months.

Part of the cost is the way our system is set up. The reason Canada, Great Britain, and other countries get the same drugs we do cheaper? We pay for it. Our government and our insurance companies don't have the balls to stand up the drug manufacturers and demand an equal price. The VA being the exception.

Much of the cost of our system is the way it is set up, but at this point in the game for politicians to think that if they just magically stepped in and took over the system they would save untold billions just makes me laugh, then makes me mad - it is a bold faced lie.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

Always appreciated when the marginally literate step forward to try and explain history, as it was fed to them by the sites they frequent.
    How is that any different from the verbeage you spew forth from the Huffington post and other sites that you frequent?

Oh that's right, your standards apply only to other people, and not to you.

Still waiting for you to back up your lies and accusations of me. I doubt that you will, but I will wait.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

Like which facts?

I've dispelled almost all of your points over the years. You're just another in a long line cut and paste posters believing this nonsense to be reality.

Believe what you want. The rest of us in the real world will manage despite your beliefs to the contrary.

You forgot one other key nonsensical conservative mantra. Reagan shrank the government and the deficit.
    Keep drinking the Kool-aid.

I'm amazed that we are still in Iraq well over a year since he took office and the libs like you aren't crying.

Hypocrites.
    I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

"The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

Forum Member

SC you have never dispelled anything only in your mind, you are so brainwashed you can't see through it. There is not one thing cut or pasted in my rant it is what an open mind see's.

The Liberals love simpletons like you, you believe anything you hear coming from the left and do what they and probably your union president tell you to do instead of free thinking. You are one of the people that would go to the comedy house to see a hypnotist and just sitting in the crowd you get hypnotised. I supose you fully support "card check" so people who don't follow flock such as you can be identified and be punished or sent to re-education camps.

Wake up dude.
    Last edited by baja320; 03-01-2010 at 10:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by baja320 View Post
    SC you have never dispelled anything only in your mind, you are so brainwashed you can't see through it. There is not one thing cut or pasted in my rant it is what an open mind see's.

The Liberals love simpletons like you, you believe anything you hear coming from the left and do what they and probably your union president tell you to do instead of free thinking. You are one of the people that would go to the comedy house to see a hypnotist and just sitting in the crowd you get hypnotised. I supose you fully support "card check" so people who don't follow flock such as you can be identified and be punished or sent to re-education camps.

Wake up dude.
    I didn't dispel your post. I've dispelled all those points over the years via the writings of others.

There's only one of me. A new wackjob like you pops up every week.

Anyone who believes Sarah Palin was unduly treated by the media clearly wasn't paying attention to the treatment given Hillary Clinton.

You claim Bush is intelligent because he went to Ivy League schools. Fair enough. Obama is an Ivy League grad. As is Al Gore. As is John Kerry. As is Bill Clinton. Also a Rhodes Scholar. Hillary Clinton was valedictorian as Wellesley. Are they just as intelligent (if not more so) than Bush? Conversely, your talking points come right off the Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh, and Sean Hannity blabberfest known as conservative talk radio. All three of those individuals are college dropouts.

The rest of your missive is the usual conservative talking point nonsense.

I've been awake for a long time.

I've got a question.

Point me to one conservative ideal over the last 20 years that has been beneficial to the American people. Conservatism has just about ruined this country and has been the root cause of the most partisan rhetoric I've seen in my lifetime. Conservatism was once about optimism and looking to the future. Now it is about fear. Fear of taxes, fear of gays, fear of immigrants, and most significant, fear of the government. This country (especially the private sector) wouldn't exist were it not for both public investment, but government protection. Not that you would understand why.
    Last edited by scfire86; 03-01-2010 at 08:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefKN View Post
    Keep drinking the Kool-aid.

I'm amazed that we are still in Iraq well over a year since he took office and the libs like you aren't crying.

Hypocrites.
    Whose happy about us being in Iraq? Should Obama have ignored his military advisors and just pulled out?

One of the great lines told me years ago by a Vietnam vet who served four tours in-country as a company commander in the 101st.

"The only thing more difficult than starting a war, is stopping one."

Quote Originally Posted by DaSharkie View Post
    Still waiting for you to back up your lies and accusations of me. I doubt that you will, but I will wait.
    When have I used the HuffPo as a source?

Here's a question for you.

"How do you keep an idiot in suspense?"

Whose happy about us being in Iraq? Should Obama have ignored his military advisors and just pulled out?
    So, when Obama said,

"I have put forward a plan that will get our troops out by the end of 2009."
    Source: 2008 Democratic debate in Las Vegas Jan 15, 2008

You are okay with his apparent backpedal?

Was he just naive when he made the original promise?

Or do we just ignore it all because he has a (D) after his name?
    I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

So, when Obama said,

"I have put forward a plan that will get our troops out by the end of 2009."
    Source: 2008 Democratic debate in Las Vegas Jan 15, 2008

You are okay with his apparent backpedal?

Was he just naive when he made the original promise?

Or do we just ignore it all because he has a (D) after his name?
    Don't know. You'll have to ask him. Could be the circumstances that were in place when he made that statement had changed by the time he took office.

Unless you believe circumstances during wartime are static.

Do you believe none of those are also possibilities?

Don't know. You'll have to ask him. Could be the circumstances that were in place when he made that statement had changed by the time he took office.

Unless you believe circumstances during wartime are static.

Do you believe none of those are also possibilities?
    Did you not want to answer the question? It was posed to you, not Obama.

Did you not want to answer the question? It was posed to you, not Obama.
    I wasn't elected President of the United States with all the access to information that brings.

This is a ridiculous question from start to finish. You want me to answer for someone else's actions given that I have zero familiarity with the situation and the information used to make that decision.

I wasn't elected President of the United States with all the access to information that brings.

This is a ridiculous question from start to finish. You want me to answer for someone else's actions given that I have zero familiarity with the situation and the information used to make that decision.
    Wow, what a blatant cop-out.

It's a fairly direct question.

I'm not asking you to answer for his actions, I'm asking for your opinion about his actions.

You certainly have no problem giving us your opinion about a republican's actions.

When have I used the HuffPo as a source?
    I don't know, I make no marks on my callendar of when you do. But you criticize many here for where they get their "talking points" and you get yours from a variety of sources. Huffington Post (or HuffPo - interesting that you either know or make up an abbreviation for it) is just one of the many sources liberals use.

How hypocritical of you to be able to use sources of your choice but not allow others to do so without your criticism.

"How do you keep an idiot in suspense?"
    By asking a liar, hypocrit, and person incapable of supporting their claims.....a person like you to support their statements. Especially when they ask that you do the same.

Wow, what a blatant cop-out.

It's a fairly direct question.

I'm not asking you to answer for his actions, I'm asking for your opinion about his actions.

You certainly have no problem giving us your opinion about a republican's actions.
    You will NEVER, EVER get an answer to this question Chief. He will NEVER, EVER criticize a Democrat/liberal/progressive.

He rarely, if ever gives his own opinion. A waste of your time to even ask a question.

You claim Bush is intelligent because he went to Ivy League schools. Fair enough. Obama is an Ivy League grad. As is Al Gore. As is John Kerry. As is Bill Clinton. Also a Rhodes Scholar. Hillary Clinton was valedictorian as Wellesley. Are they just as intelligent (if not more so) than Bush? Conversely, your talking points come right off the Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh, and Sean Hannity blabberfest known as conservative talk radio. All three of those individuals are college dropouts.
    Ivy league means nothing when it comes to education. No better or worse of an education than one receives at any other college or university. Just that individuals in society think it means they are smarter.

And while you criticize the sources/individuals a person may use in their discussion, you never go after the individual facts.

Point me to one conservative ideal over the last 20 years that has been beneficial to the American people. Conservatism has just about ruined this country and has been the root cause of the most partisan rhetoric I've seen in my lifetime. Conservatism was once about optimism and looking to the future. Now it is about fear. Fear of taxes, fear of gays, fear of immigrants, and most significant, fear of the government.
    See, this is where you liberals get all wacky. It is not fear of taxes - it is improper utilization of those taxes and the push by elected officials to increase taxes at the drop of a hat. How much more tax do you wish to pay for your state's pending financial implosion?

It is not about fear of gays. It is about the dislike of a lifestyle, not the individual - unless you belong to Ralph Phelps' church.

It is not about fear of immigrants. You liberals seem to forget that it is about ILLEGAL immigration. If one crosses the border into this nation in known violation of both their home country's and our laws - that makes it a crime. Everything good or bad that they do after that is built on the premise of them being a criminal. You need to address the matter correctly - you won't but that would just be too much to assk.

It is not about fear of government. It is a distrust of government that spends with no accountability, that is run by elected officials and beaurocrats that chip away at individual rights and liberties and freedoms.

Typical.

Also nice how you only blame Conservatism for rhetoric while a Republican is blamed for being in "lock-step" with the party if they vote a particular way, but if every single Democratic legislator votes the same way on a bill - say health care "reform" you liberals don't say anything.

The partisanship comes both sides - I hate to break the news to you.

This country (especially the private sector) wouldn't exist were it not for both public investment, but government protection. Not that you would understand why.
    Would that be the same government that was supposed to "protect" citizens from banks and financial institutions making poor and illegal choices? The same government that was supposed to "protect" citizens from schemers like Bernie Madoff and countless others?

Forum Member

Great, Soros sockpuppet is back.

Forum Member

I didn't dispel your post. I've dispelled all those points over the years via the writings of others.

There's only one of me. A new wackjob like you pops up every week.

Point me to one conservative ideal over the last 20 years that has been beneficial to the American people. Conservatism has just about ruined this country and has been the root cause of the most partisan rhetoric I've seen in my lifetime. Conservatism was once about optimism and looking to the future. Now it is about fear. Fear of taxes, fear of gays, fear of immigrants, and most significant, fear of the government. This country (especially the private sector) wouldn't exist were it not for both public investment, but government protection. Not that you would understand why.
    You have never dispelled anything or ran anyone off, the deal is your like the punch drunk boxer who lost his game years ago won't do the smart thing and quit and save what brain cells he has left....people stop watching it's brutal, the crap you speel daily on here.

I know you deny it but the as I already pointed out the "Balanced budget ammenment" during the Cinton administration just name one. Keep in mind the republicans did it but you libs take credit for it.

Forum Member

Oh and the Patriot Act

Thread Information