Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefKN View Post
    Wow, what a blatant cop-out.

It's a fairly direct question.

I'm not asking you to answer for his actions, I'm asking for your opinion about his actions.

You certainly have no problem giving us your opinion about a republican's actions.
    I already gave you my opinion. I said I wasn't happy about it.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

Forum Member

Oh and the Medicare Prescription benifit W enacted.

If you wake up from your coma caveman you will find many more.

Anticipated answer from SC'

"Yeah well those, but what else?"

Quote Originally Posted by baja320 View Post
    You have never dispelled anything or ran anyone off, the deal is your like the punch drunk boxer who lost his game years ago won't do the smart thing and quit and save what brain cells he has left....people stop watching it's brutal, the crap you speel daily on here.
    I've dispelled numerous myths put on these boards by conservatives. I've never claimed to have run anyone off. Your continued response to me is all the proof I need to dispel the rest of your post.

I know you deny it but the as I already pointed out the "Balanced budget ammenment" during the Cinton administration just name one. Keep in mind the republicans did it but you libs take credit for it.
    Great. Because one of the many complaints by conservatives is that Clinton "gutted" the military. Since spending bills originate in congress (which had a conservative majority) you would then have to agree it was conservatives who were the ones who actually "gutted" the military.

Thank you.

Forum Member

That was done in the first two years as was NAFTA that has killed the US economy. Those blunders are what brought about the change in the leadership of Congress as the American people spoke.

Ok now what "I know you are but what am I" reply?

And by the way:

Republicans don't care what two people do behing closed doors, they just believe marriage is between a man and a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by DaSharkie View Post
    Ivy league means nothing when it comes to education. No better or worse of an education than one receives at any other college or university. Just that individuals in society think it means they are smarter.
    I never said they were better or worse than any other. If you reread my post, I was responding to baja's implication that Bush must be intelligent because of his Ivy League pedigree.

That was done in the first two years as was NAFTA that has killed the US economy. Those blunders are what brought about the change in the leadership of Congress as the American people spoke.
    The Balanced Budget Ammendment was brought in the first two years of the Clinton Administration? Now I know you are literacy challenged. That time frame had a Dem majority in both houses of congress. You may want to rethink your position about NAFTA killing the US economy. This report details the numerous ways Americans have benefitted from its being enacted. Check out the date and try to remember who was president at the time.

And by the way:

Republicans don't care what two people do behing closed doors, they just believe marriage is between a man and a woman.
    Which dispels the myth that conservatives believe in liberty and freedom of individuals as long as those individuals have their parochial view.

And thank you for admitting it was actually conservatives who "gutted" the military. Leaving us vulnerable on 9/11.
    Last edited by scfire86; 03-02-2010 at 11:10 AM.

Forum Member

Wow how do you read I blame Republicans when I pointed out this stuff happened while the Democrats controlled everything? Unreal????

You sir are blind, stop beating your head on that post it's getting ugly.

Time to start talking about Fire Service issues again.

Wow how do you read I blame Republicans when I pointed out this stuff happened while the Democrats controlled everything? Unreal????
    You stated that NAFTA and the Balanced Budget Ammendment (which you claim is a good thing) were passed during Clinton's first two years. Those were the only two years that saw a Dem president with a Dem majority in congress during the Clinton Administration. BTW, the groundwork for NAFTA was laid long before Clinton came to office. I know conservatives such as yourself aren't big on history, so I don't expect you to know that.

You sir are blind, stop beating your head on that post it's getting ugly.
    All I did was point out the discrepancies in your "facts." Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son.

Time to start talking about Fire Service issues again.
    This is called the Off Duty Forum for a reason.

I'm thinking vocabulary and comprehension aren't big in your neck of the woods.
    Last edited by scfire86; 03-02-2010 at 09:56 PM.

Heard from the news today that Lindsey Vonn will give her gold medal for down hill skiing to Mr. Obama next week.

She said he is faster than she is, going down hill.........
    I'm the one Fire and Rescue calls, when they need to be Rescued.

Quote Originally Posted by EastKyFF
    "Firemens gets antsies. Theys wants to goes to fires. Sometimeses they haves to waits."

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by FIREMECH1 View Post
    Heard from the news today that Lindsey Vonn will give her gold medal for down hill skiing to Mr. Obama next week.

She said he is faster than she is, going down hill.........
    Actually, he has pretty much flattened out with around 50% approving and 45% disapproving. Interesting is that back in Late January when Brown won the election Obama also threatened to go after Wall Street and the banks. His approval and disapproval ratings flip flopped and for once more people disapproved than approved. At least according to Gallup. Since that time he has backed off on the banks and Wall Street (Thank GOD) and he is stopped the partisan politics and began reaching across the aisle. I also think that people view this Health Care Bill to be dead and that is helping his ratings as well. That and he finally started to focus on jobs a year too late.

Forum Member

53% Approval, 44% Disapprove

Link

Which is higher than Ronald Reagan at a similar point in their respective administrations.

Banned

Rasmussen is one of the more respected polling groups. They do ask the questions in a way that gets the truth rather than the desired result. Gallup is also respected and can be found at this link. Gallup Daily: Obama Job Approval Currently at 50% approve and 44% disapprove. The numbers bottomed out around the time Brown got elected forcing Obama to reach across the aisle. Up until then he was doing as he pleased ignoring a large part of the p[population. He is still being ignorant by pushing an ill-advised and poorly written Health Care entitlement program. There is no reform in this bill and it will simply drive up the cost.

And Baja.

As low as Obama's favorables are currently, the GOP and GOP leadership favorables are even lower.

Forum Member

SC how's Congress rated these days?

Banned

Unlike our fine feathered friend I provide sources rather than just pull stuff out of my backside

Congressional Job Approval

78% disapproval and 18% approval. And it is being run by democrats, what does that tell you?

Gallup Daily: Obama Job Approval 48% approve, 46% disapprove. One and done

Bad. What's your point?

It's rarely been good. People rate congress poorly. Yet they continue to send the same incumbents back for another term.

A buddy of mine once put it best. People dislike the legislature, but they like their legislator.

MembersZone Subscriber

Angry The Government They Deserve

People get the government they deserve by continually sending the long term incumbants back to Washington. They think they are the Aristocrisy and above the will of the people. Well I think the people have finally woke up and there will be massive changes in Wash. DC. in November.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by donethat View Post
    People get the government they deserve by continually sending the long term incumbants back to Washington. They think they are the Aristocrisy and above the will of the people. Well I think the people have finally woke up and there will be massive changes in Wash. DC. in November.
    The problem is that too many people go into the voting booth and no nothing about the candidate. I recall in the last election asking random people if they thought that Obama and Palin was a good ticket, the answers were typically hell yea.

Quote Originally Posted by donethat View Post
    We'll see. The time between now and November is an eternity in politics. Tea Bagger party candidates have had their posteriors handed to them in every race so far. By the looks of things, nothing has changed.
    Last edited by scfire86; 03-08-2010 at 11:48 PM.

Thread Information