Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MembersZone Subscriber

Default On second thought...

screw this site.

I have far too much integrity to participate in a website where preferential treatment is given to:

1. An anti-american maggot
    2. Someone who was banned from this site three times and has openly admitted it
    3. Someone who claims that he would let a baby burn to death instead of doing his job
    4. Someone who supports someone who committed an unspeakable act of terorrism
    5. People whose sole fun in life is to come on this forum and troll for the purpose of causing trouble.

If you would like to participate in a web forum where REAL FF are discussing topics that are of interest to REAL FF, come on over to the IACOJ site.

In fact, I'll tell you how great the site is; they won't let the Louisiana idiot or straw for brains join. That's my kind of site.

PErhaps someday, if they ever bring this forum back to where it was, I'll come back. But with this band of bozos running the show, there is not a chance. This site will be an inconsequential joke in less than a year.
    PROUD, HONORED AND HUMBLED RECIPIENT OF THE PURPLE HYDRANT AWARD - 10/2007.

Default Ta Ta

Georgie...I never would have thought that you're a quitter!!!!
    Respectfully,
    Jay Dudley
    Retired Fire
    Background Investigator
    IACOJ-Member
    Lifetime Member CSFA
    IAFF Alumni Member

Forum Member

Bye George. Have fun.

Forum Member

Default See Ya!!!

Been nice....we'll enjoy the quiet.....
    Respectfully,
    Jay R. Dudley
    Fire Commissioner
    District #2

"You never get a second chance at a first impression"

George

I have found myself frustrated many times over what I have read in these forums. But I decided that I would not let it get to me. I don't come here to fight. I don't come here to discuss religion or politics (generally). I don't come here to beat people up by telling them they are less than I am.

I do support everyone's right to have an opinion, even if I believe it is misguided or incorrect. I do support the right for someone to state that opinion. I will even debate over some of those opinions, but I will not attack them or reduce myself to name calling.

The Webteam has a massive responsibility. They try to not interfere and they must walk a consistant line. They must be neutral and have the ability to stay out of the discussions. I'm sure they read many things that they do not agreee with, but they must remain silent as to not tilt the scales.

I come here to share and learn. I have to deal with real life issues everyday. I have to make decisions daily that may impact many lives; firefighters, the public, our families. With all the years that I have served in the Fire Service, you might think that I would know everything... but I do not. Sometimes answers do not come easily or without a price.

I have come to accept that what I apply in the real world, may not be the real world to someone else. So I have to try to be understanding about what that real world must be like for others. I can't say that the way I do something is the only way, because clearly it isn't. So how can I tell someone they are wrong if I have not walked in their shoes?

I see people that take these discussion way too personally, perhaps to an extreme. They make it a personal mission to seek and destroy others that they believe are inferior or different. Why? Because they think they know all the answers. I can't do that. I don't operate my department like that and I cannot in good conscience operate that way in public.

I've seen individuals try to poison the well so to speak against others. Who gave you that right? Is that how you decide to live your life? Is that how your department operates? If it is, I feel sorry for those that have to put up with you. I see people restate over and over how you can't trust this guy or that guy because he is different, or they do not believe the same way we do, or he would not risk this or that. Who the hell made you the judge, juror and executioner?

But George, you really need to calm down. If you spent as much time trying to enjoy yourself rather than constantly attacking others that you have differences with, then you might find you are more the same than different. Or did you forget why you decided to commit your life to helping others? Is your commitment limited to only those you agree with? If that insults you... I'm sorry, but you're the one flying off the handle.

I don't care if you stay or go. It is your decision. While you have demonstrated experience and vast knowledge over time that has been of value to others, only you can decide if you're done. If you leave because you didn't get your way, then I do not know what to say but... Bye. I cannot always get my way. Sometimes the fire or other situation kicks my butt, but I must push on. It is all the same, isn't it. We chose to push on because that is what we do.

I'm not going to judge anyone for what I believe is wrong, even you. You can hold whatever opinion of me that you wish. You'll be in good company. I have rubbed alot of people the wrong way over the years. But I always did what I beleived to be the correct thing; for the public I serve, for the guys I worked with, or the guys that serve in my command. I have always made my position clear on where I stand. I understand that I cannot change someone's mind by attacking them or trying to make a fool out of them.

So if you choose to leave, it will be a loss felt by many. But there is nothing making you go or stay, but yourself. If you leave because you are tired of issues or someone, then why state it at all. That is like saying "I let them run me off".

Good luck with your future missions, I wish you well.
    HAVE PLAN.............WILL TRAVEL

Forum Member

@PaladinKnight

You are the classiest guy in these forums.

Sir I salute you and would work with, or for, you any day...

MembersZone Subscriber

If the webteam had any brains, they'd remove the off topic section and not permit any religious or political discussion. There are plenty of forums on the internet for those incendiary topics.

That being said, it's just the internet, don't take it too seriously. You can only try to change someones opinion so many times before you have to realize you're better of talking to a rock.

Quote Originally Posted by Firetacoma1 View Post
    If the webteam had any brains, they'd remove the off topic section and not permit any religious or political discussion. There are plenty of forums on the internet for those incendiary topics.

That being said, it's just the internet, don't take it too seriously. You can only try to change someones opinion so many times before you have to realize you're better of talking to a rock.
    I disagree with your first point. If there was no off topic section the BS would find its way into the normal area of the forum.

I agree with your second point. Some people get way too worked up over this stuff.
    Career Firefighter
    Volunteer Captain

-Professional in Either Role-

Quote Originally Posted by Rescue101 View Post
    I don't mind fire rolling over my head. I just don't like it rolling UNDER my a**.

MembersZone Subscriber

With visible moderation (more than 1 visit a month) the BS stuff could be omitted. I was formerly a moderator at a very well visited forum and we successfully implemented a ban on politics and religion. It made the whole forum a friendlier place to be.

Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee

Screw it, it just isn't worth it.
    Last edited by FyredUp; 02-22-2010 at 08:39 PM.
    Crazy, but that's how it goes
    Millions of people living as foes
    Maybe it's not too late
    To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

Forum Member

Lack of moderation seems to be the root of most of the problems. When every other post is nothing but a personal attack against someone else it really causes things to degenerate.

It would be nice to think that adults wouldn't need moderation, but if it is one thing that the internet has taught us is that it isn't possible to do without.

MembersZone Subscriber

this is based on the crap you find on the elementry school playground. tattling on each other is what its come to.....come on!

A Great place USA, which means not West Coast...!

Webteam needs to just ban LaFire and Scarecrow and the site becomes much better. I cannot understand how they let these two guys run the show on here without any actions. Makes you wonder if they are on the webteam.....

On another note, George this site seems like your life (13,000+ posts??) What the hell are you going to do with your life?
    FDNY 343 9/11/01 WILL Never Forget!

(W-6)

"We Lucky Few We Band of Brothers." William Shakespeare

"let no man's ghost return to say his training let him down. "

D-P-T

Forum Member

Webteam needs to just ban LaFire and Scarecrow and the site becomes much better. I cannot understand how they let these two guys run the show on here without any actions. Makes you wonder if they are on the webteam....

So exactly how do I run the show?

I post about what I beleive in, and what I beleive is that a lot in the fire service should change.

We are killing firefighters because of outdated thinking, outdated traditions, outdated tactics and the feeling that somehow all of this carries on the legacy of the fireman before us.

Sorry that offends you.

NIOSH seems to agree. Many of the USFA reports agree. Everyone Goes Home agrees.
    Last edited by LaFireEducator; 02-22-2010 at 09:06 PM.

A Great place USA, which means not West Coast...!

Yeah that is not the problem, it is the other **** like when you say you would reprimand one of your guys for saving a child in a burning car, or you say you would let the same child burn up, because you are out of your dept's district. Or you poke fun/ pick out all the flaws of LODDs before the fallen brother(s) can even receive a proper funereal and respect they deserve. I agree with you that "Every One Goes Home." I have seen a lot of wreckless things happened on the fire ground but we risk a lot to save a lot, and we get the job done. Bro don't get me wrong I agree with you on your last post. A lot of things in the fire service need to change but not as drastically as your propose. I can openly say that I would like a lot to change in my dept. Are we overly traditional....I would say no because I take a lot pride in our tradition. We run almost a fire every other shift along with ALS EMS service where most of the dept is also paramedics. I wish we would take just as much pride in our ems work which is about 70% of our calls for my truck company/dept of 23 firehouses. That is where we differ.
    FDNY 343 9/11/01 WILL Never Forget!

(W-6)

"We Lucky Few We Band of Brothers." William Shakespeare

"let no man's ghost return to say his training let him down. "

D-P-T

Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    Screw it, it just isn't worth it.
    I think it made a lot of sense. Sack up and put it back up bro.
    IAFF

Quote Originally Posted by PaladinKnight View Post
    George

I have found myself ...
    TL;DR

That looked very thoughtful. I think writing thoughtful letters to George is the saddest hobby I've ever seen.
    Logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead.

Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee

Quote Originally Posted by snowball View Post
    I think it made a lot of sense. Sack up and put it back up bro.
    It's gone.
    Crazy, but that's how it goes
    Millions of people living as foes
    Maybe it's not too late
    To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

Knight...

You are spot on, well played sir!!!

A wise old fire officer once told me in training "...those that anger you, control you."

George....

You know you can't leave this place alone. It's like a bad accident, you don't want to look but you have to!!
    Last edited by Dickey; 02-22-2010 at 11:47 PM.
    Jason Knecht
    Assistant Chief
    Altoona Fire Dept.
    Altoona, WI

IACOJ - Director of Cheese and Whine
    http://www.cheddarvision.tv/
    EAT CHEESE OR DIE!!

I do agree with Georgie. I rarely come out and play here anymore. Just aint worth it.
    AJ, MICP, FireMedic
    Member, IACOJ.
    FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF
    This message has been made longer, in part from a grant from the You Are a Freaking Moron Foundation.

Thread Information