Forum Member

Default International Mechanical Code online?

Question? Can you actually have access to this online versus buying a book? If so, what's the link, as I'm having zero success finding it. Thanks!
    "If the ladder goes up, the building goes down."

Forum Member

Negative. No online version.

Check with your local Code Enforcement Office- Maybe they have an extra copy they could give you, or at least let you look up what you need.

Whats the question, maybe I can help?
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Breech31 View Post
    Question? Can you actually have access to this online versus buying a book? If so, what's the link, as I'm having zero success finding it. Thanks!

WI Building Code and other stuff!
    http://publicecodes.citation.com/st/...003-000001.htm
    Last edited by InsuranceLCRep; 02-24-2010 at 08:02 PM.
    Fire Sprinklers Save Firefightersí Lives Too!

Forum Member

Thanks for the link!

My issue is I have an area business owner who is heating an auto repair garage with a furnace that he installed himself. The storage of fuels is inappropriate (improper tanks and mounting, and no spill protection). While I feel I have everything taken care off with the tanks, in speaking with an area state official out of Madison, Wi I was told to ask the owner who installed the furnace and was it installed by a professional technician to recommended manufacture specs? If it was not installed per the IMC, everything else associated with it is NOT to code. I understand that, but I have nothing to put into documentation or no code to mention of in my follow up letter. The owner did say he installed it himself and has been very cooperative with me. The code from above states "Mechanical appliances, equipment and systems shall be constructed, installed and maintained in accordance with the International Mechanical Code" is all well and good, but I obviously need the info from the IMC.

Forum Member

Thanks for the link!

My issue is I have an area business owner who is heating an auto repair garage with a furnace that he installed himself. The storage of fuels is inappropriate (improper tanks and mounting, and no spill protection). While I feel I have everything taken care off with the tanks, in speaking with an area state official out of Madison, Wi I was told to ask the owner who installed the furnace and was it installed by a professional technician to recommended manufacture specs? If it was not installed per the IMC, everything else associated with it is NOT to code. I understand that, but I have nothing to put into documentation or no code to mention of in my follow up letter. The owner did say he installed it himself and has been very cooperative with me. The code from above states "Mechanical appliances, equipment and systems shall be constructed, installed and maintained in accordance with the International Mechanical Code" is all well and good, but I obviously need the info from the IMC.
    In most cases the ICC Codes are not "manufacturer specific" when regarding installation of equipment and defer to the manufacturer's installation instructions.

One require that IS spelled out, is that the device must either be 18" off the floor, or completely surrounded by a compliant one-hour enclosure with a 4" high curb (minimum) in order to eliminate any potential ignition sources.

If I were in your shoes, I would require him to: provide documentation from a licensed HVAC Professional stating that "the system has been installed according to the MFR's instructions and specifications, is functioning properly and is safe to use."

I will look up some more for you later.
    Last edited by FWDbuff; 02-25-2010 at 07:20 AM.

Forum Member

THank you.

Forum Member

THank you.
    If you need to know any specifics, I brought the IMC/2006 home with me. Ask away.

Thread Information