Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber

Smile PA VFCVASGP Grant

On a positive note the PA VFCVASGP Grants have began to be processed. I received my email this afternoon.

Greetings- your 2009-10 VFCVASGP Grant Agreement has been sent to the Comptroller's Office for processing. This process could take up to three weeks. You will receive notification, via US Mail, from the Pennsylvania Treasury Department when your money will be deposited into your account.

Once the VFCVASGP grant money has been deposited into your account and your project completed you must complete a 2009-10 VFCVASGP final report. We will let you know when the final report form is available.

Thank you

Office of State Fire Commissioner Staff

Quote Originally Posted by ejfeicht View Post
    On a positive note the PA VFCVASGP Grants have began to be processed. I received my email this afternoon.

Greetings- your 2009-10 VFCVASGP Grant Agreement has been sent to the Comptroller's Office for processing. This process could take up to three weeks. You will receive notification, via US Mail, from the Pennsylvania Treasury Department when your money will be deposited into your account.

Once the VFCVASGP grant money has been deposited into your account and your project completed you must complete a 2009-10 VFCVASGP final report. We will let you know when the final report form is available.

Thank you

Office of State Fire Commissioner Staff
    OK I am game. What is VFCVASGP ? I am sure other people want to know but afraid to ask.

MembersZone Subscriber

The year we received $11,968.95

The Volunteer Fire Company, Volunteer Ambulance Service Grant Program (VFCVASGP) provides grants for volunteer fire, ambulance and rescue companies.

http://www.portal.state.pa.us/portal...t_program/9188

Eligible Organizations

The following organizations may be considered eligible for grant funding:

Volunteer Fire Companies
    Volunteer Ambulance Services
    Volunteer Rescue Squads

Eligible projects

Eligible organizations may apply for grant funding for a combination of up to two projects in the following categories:
    Facilities - Construction and/or renovation of the fire company's or ambulance service’s facility and purchase or repair of fixtures and furnishings necessary to maintain or improve the capability of the company to provide fire, ambulance and rescue services.
    Equipment - Purchase or repair of firefighting, ambulance or rescue equipment.
    Debt reduction - Debt reduction associated with the facility (1) or equipment (2) categories above.
    Training - Training and certification of members.

The Grant Application is available online in September of each year beginning the day after Labor Day.

The Comptroller processing is an ongoing process.

I have several that were sent through back on February 2nd, and still have others that have not yet been processed.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dfd701 View Post
    OK I am game. What is VFCVASGP ? I am sure other people want to know but afraid to ask.
    This is for Pennsylvania Volunteer Fire and Ambulance Departments only.

Man I wish our state did something like that. They are spending all their time trying to decide if bingo is legal or not. They will sling mud back and forth for a few months and get nothing done and then have to call a special session to cover the real problems in our state. Got to love it.

Forum Member

We just received almost $14K into our account for 5 sets of TOG and a 500 digital mobile radio. The PA Grant has always come through and yes, i wish more states would do this.

$11,239.58 for you

Do you know what date your application was transmitted to the comptroller's office?

Thread Information