02-26-2010, 03:00 PM #1
- Join Date
- Mar 2002
- Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.
No Nursing Home For Me (Too Good to Waste on Joke thread)
No nursing home for me
There will be no nursing home in my future.........
When I get old and feeble, I am going to get on a Princess Cruise Ship.
average cost for a nursing home is $200 per day. I have checked on
reservations at Princess and I can get a long term discount and senior
discount price starting @ $135 per day. That leaves $65 a day for:
1. Gratuities which will only be $10 per day.
2. I will have as many as 10 meals a day if I can waddle to the
restaurant, or I can have room service ( which means I can have
breakfast in bed every day of the week).
3. Princess has as many as three swimming pools, a workout room, free
washers and dryers, and shows every night.
4. They have free toothpaste and razors, and free soap and shampoo.
5. They will even treat you like a customer, not a patient. An extra
$5 worth of tips will have the entire staff scrambling to help you.
6. I will get to meet new people every 7 or 14 days.
7. TV. broken? Light bulb need hanging? Need to have mattress replaced?
No Problem! They will fix everything and apologize for your
8. Clean sheets and towels every day, and you don't even have to ask
9. If you fall in the nursing home and break a hip you are on Medicare.
If you fall and break a hip on the Princess ship they will upgrade
you to a suite for the rest of your life.
10. Frequent opportunity to shoot clay pigeons off the fantail if one
can still hoist the shotgun; nice guns too.
Now hold on for the best! Do you want to see South America, the
Panama Canal, Tahiti, Australia, New Zealand, Asia, or name where you
want to go? Princess will have a ship ready to go. So don't look for
me in a nursing home, just call shore to ship. I'll email you my number
after I board.
I'll be on the upper-deck by the pool with Margarita.
P.S. And don't forget, when you die, they just dump you over the side
at no charge.
THE ONLY WAY TO GO!!
For Reservations: 1-800-421-0522
For a sailor guy like me, this sounds perty darn good!
02-26-2010, 03:04 PM #2
THAT sounds like a plan!!!
02-26-2010, 03:08 PM #3
- Join Date
- Jan 2008
Well Nursing Homes charge that much because that is what the government says they should get. Take away government subsidies and the cost will drop; this is proof.
03-02-2010, 02:06 PM #4
- Join Date
- Mar 2004
- Memphis Tn,USA-now
And I thought I had a good deal in Uncle's yacht club:Three hots and a cot but no guarantees I'd ever see either.Payday every two weeks,liberty whenever the work was all done.
That and I had to salute officers but you can't have everything.
03-02-2010, 02:11 PM #5
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By PaulBrown in forum World of Fire Daily ReportReplies: 0Last Post: 03-13-2005, 10:25 PM
By FireSarge in forum The Off Duty ForumsReplies: 0Last Post: 05-15-2003, 09:32 AM
By dfdex1 in forum Firefighters ForumReplies: 1Last Post: 04-30-2003, 12:55 PM
By WI_firefighter in forum Firefighters ForumReplies: 12Last Post: 06-07-2002, 08:20 PM
By Firebraun in forum Firefighters ForumReplies: 7Last Post: 10-15-2001, 01:34 PM