Forum Member

Default Compressors, cascades, and fill stations

I am looking for information and opinions on what compressor, cascade, fill station to buy. I am looking at Max-air, Hypress, Bauer, Mako, and Scott systems. I know that Bauer, Mako, and Scott are good units, but I was needing information on the Max-air and Hypress units. Anyone using either unit or have any information on the quality of these units. We have never had a compressor, cascade system, or fill station. We have had to depend on other departments to fill our bottles. We are currently using the low pressure bottles, but are planning on switching to the 4500 psi system as soon as we can so we are looking at a higher pressure fill system. We will be going through 20 to 30 bottles of air per month. A neighboring department does have a trailer mounted compressor/fill system so we only need a stationary system.
    Last edited by chief-1710; 03-12-2010 at 08:43 PM.

Forum Member

How about a little info on your agency and run volume,MA and what you are trying to accomplish? I have a suggestion or two but more background would be useful.

Forum Member

I am looking for similar information as the OP. My dept. info is: 800 Calls /year, 4500 PSI airpacks, fill 0-20 bottels a month. If you wish to provide some info rescue.

MembersZone Subscriber

No specific recommendations, but look at manufacturers that have locally certified service personnel. If something comes up, they're close by.
    We use a Jordair compressor and filling station with 4500 psi cascade and we've had no problems. The fill station can handle 3 cylinders, and we can connect another fill station. I've used a Bauer compressor in the past with no problems.

Forum Member

Depending on money available,I'd be inclined to look at a mobile(trailer)unit like the one Scott produces. The advantages are you have mobile capabilities, mobile storage, you can take it from station to station,fill any cascades you may already have AND......Take it to big incidents. Can often operate as a REGIONAL unit which often helps in procurement. Now, All of the major players make them so there are many choices. I've USED the Scott version and quite frankly,I'm IMPRESSED. Diesel powered generator,light tower, easy to move around and fills bottles as fast as you can screw them in. A VERY nice unit,but NOT cheap. T.C.

Back In Black

It's deja vu all over again.

Isn't there another thread like this just a month ago?
    I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

"The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

Forum Member

Search is your FRIEND!

Thread Information