Forum Member

Default Ambulance grant question

My department is classified as rural. Our primary response type is medicals and we transport. We completed an 09 AFG application for an ambulance. I know that an ambulance is considered a priority 3 unit for rural dept's. Does the computer scoring for grants consider our responses showing how many medicals we run indicating an ambulance is not a priority 3 for us or will the computer boot us based on rural status and priority 3 request? THanks for the help

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by sta8ffbarbie View Post
    My department is classified as rural. Our primary response type is medicals and we transport. We completed an 09 AFG application for an ambulance. I know that an ambulance is considered a priority 3 unit for rural dept's. Does the computer scoring for grants consider our responses showing how many medicals we run indicating an ambulance is not a priority 3 for us or will the computer boot us based on rural status and priority 3 request? THanks for the help
    You will be booted by the computer for the Priority 3 vehicle...as they are not funded. Basically Priority 1 vehicles are the ones being funded occasionally a Priority 2 will squeeze by, but very rare.

Forum Member

Thats kinda what I thought but also thought maybe the type of calls would be considered. Can not win if you dont try though. Thanks forthe help

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by onebugle View Post
    You will be booted by the computer for the Priority 3 vehicle...as they are not funded. Basically Priority 1 vehicles are the ones being funded occasionally a Priority 2 will squeeze by, but very rare.
    How are we getting our ambulance then?

We are rural (only 1764 people in our service area-- over 40 square miles).

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by medstudent13 View Post
    How are we getting our ambulance then?

We are rural (only 1764 people in our service area-- over 40 square miles).
    You applied as a nonaffiliated EMS organization where an ambulance is Priority 1 regardless of the classification.

barbie applied as a fire department where an ambulance is a Priority 3 for all classifications.

Forum Member

I was going to guess that Medstudent would be the first to reply now that he has heard he will be recieving his ambulance!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SRLFD448 View Post
    I was going to guess that Medstudent would be the first to reply now that he has heard he will be recieving his ambulance!
    I checked out the thread because I thought it might be another request for our narrative. There aren't too many ambulance narratives available since only 2% of funding goes to EMS. I'd like for our success to help other services too. So, if anyone is applying for an ambulance and would like a copy of our narrative, let me know.

BTW, I am a SHE and not a HE. lol

Forum Member

In that case, contact me offline (via e-mail) and I would like to see it. There was a woman in one of Kurt's classes who wanted to write for one 2010 AFG. I will forward it to her. Thanks!

Forum Member

Another option is to check out the USDA Community Facilities Grant Program and see if your can get funding for your ambulance through them:

http://www.rurdev.usda.gov/rhs/cf/brief_cp_grant.htm

Forum Member

if you still have an ambulance narrative i sure would like to take a look at it.

Thanks
    Brian

nozzlejockey81@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by medstudent13 View Post
    I checked out the thread because I thought it might be another request for our narrative. There aren't too many ambulance narratives available since only 2% of funding goes to EMS. I'd like for our success to help other services too. So, if anyone is applying for an ambulance and would like a copy of our narrative, let me know.

BTW, I am a SHE and not a HE. lol

I'm trying to help out a local, rural nonaffiliate EMS either upgrade or purchase new. I would be very interested in your narrative if still possible.
    Thanks,
    balletmom.mlh@hotmail.com

Forum Member

Default does any one have an ambulance Nar?

hi, does anyone have a winning narrative for a ambulance? we are a volunteer fire department that cover 10,000 people and 97 square miles...

Forum Member

Medstudent if your still willing to share the Ambulance narrative, I'd appreciate a copy. Thanks. jcleary@collingdale1.com

Forum Member

i sure would like it too.
    jeffhensley@live.com

Forum Member

Medstudent if its not too much to ask and if your still willing to share the Ambulance narrative, I'd appreciate a copy. i have a few winning fire grant narrative i would be willing to trade you george_coffman@yahoo.com thanks for your time

Thread Information