Forum Member

Question ISG thermal imager

Has anyone used ISG's Elite XR camera ? We are starting to look for a second camera. We currently have a Bullard T3 XT. Any comments pro or con would be appreciated.

Forum Member

We have an Elite as well as the k-90 (big yellow tic). Both have been good to us. We have been very happy with how tough the cameras have been. Our k-90's are 8-9 years old and still work great. The only drop back to the k-90's is they are heavy. Now the Elite has a great picture, is light and comes with some helpful options. I will say the elite takes a minute(less thann 60 seconds) to warm up but as long as you turn it on when you are enroute it isnt a prob. When we made our purchase we used tics from most of the dealers and liked the ISG the best. Trying to find out what TICs the best is like asking someone who has driven a chevy all their life who makes the best vehicle.

Forum Member

Thanks Reno. I have seen many models and brands. I really like the auto temp. switch feature. Less buttons the better. I will be trying to get my hands on a demo shortly. In your experiences is there any major short falls or bonus with one or the other ? Every thing changes so fast its hard to keep up. I have talked to a few sales men, but they make it more difficult to choose.
    Last edited by blackhat14; 03-02-2010 at 11:34 PM. Reason: fingers passed brain.......

MembersZone Subscriber

Schedule a burn, invite everyone to show up with a camera and make up your own mind. Honestly, this is the way to pick your TI. Depending on what you're looking for the camera to do, one will stand out above the others.
    "Share your knowledge - it's a way to achieve immortality." - Stolen from Chase Sargent's Buddy to Boss program

Some Guy

Like RENOFIRE, we also have a few of the older K90s and now have a few of the K1000. We liked our older K90s so much that when we ordered more cameras we stayed with ISG. The new lighter K1000s are awesome.
    This space for rent

Forum Member

We just received an ISG Elite XR and are having a class on it's operations this morning.. I'll let you know!
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Forum Member

Wel,, we got our orientation to the new camera today...

I can describe it one word...
    sweet!
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Thread Information