Forum Member

Default Chicago Awards Aerials to Crimson

Finally after a long wait, 30 aerials over 3 years... New Link Here
    Last edited by Trucknews; 03-05-2010 at 03:29 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

When did the dealer for Crimson in Illinois change?
    "Share your knowledge - it's a way to achieve immortality." - Stolen from Chase Sargent's Buddy to Boss program

Forum Member

Look like sometime in Nov 2009 they took over IL and WI

Forum Member

Here's a news article from Crimson's website on the IL dealer change.

http://www.crimson-fire.com/news.aspx?id=24474

Forum Member

And THIS surprises anyone HOW? T.C.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rescue101 View Post
    And THIS surprises anyone HOW? T.C.
    Definitely not to me. Down my way, all of the fire apparatus dealers flip-flop every few years with the exception of Pierce. It's sort of like dealer musical chairs!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by LeadOff View Post
    Definitely not to me. Down my way, all of the fire apparatus dealers flip-flop every few years with the exception of Pierce. It's sort of like dealer musical chairs!
    If you live in Maryland, stand by. I think you're going to see some big changes in the Pierce dealership.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by LT2410 View Post
    If you live in Maryland, stand by. I think you're going to see some big changes in the Pierce dealership.
    Yes, we are fully aware. Some of us know Mr. Singer pretty well. A sad story to say the least.

Forum Member

Not being from the area, does this mean the accusations against Mr Singer are true? If so thats bad news for the company.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ecfr1978 View Post
    Not being from the area, does this mean the accusations against Mr Singer are true? If so thats bad news for the company.
    Rumor has it that Pierce will take over the Pierce dealership in MD (Singer Associates) and will run it until they can find a buyer. I've heard this from other fire apparatus dealers in the area so it may be somewhat accurate.

Forum Member

Why would and how could Pierce take over a private owned dealership? Why wouldent they just drop Singer Associates dealership and give it to another dealer?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ledebuhr1 View Post
    Why would and how could Pierce take over a private owned dealership? Why wouldent they just drop Singer Associates dealership and give it to another dealer?
    Singer is a very large dealership in MD and VA. They have several service centers and quite a bit of assets. There's a lot too this deal that I don't know anything about regarding a takeover or buy-out or whatever so I can't add anything more to this.
    Last edited by LeadOff; 03-03-2010 at 06:35 PM.

Forum Member

And you would be correct. Pierce wants to keep those well placed service centers serving their cutomers MINUS one CEO. That's why the interest.Unless the "New" dealer had a LOT of coin it would be very hard(and expensive) to replicate what is there now. T.C.

Forum Member

But if they were to give NC and VA Pierce dealership to CW Williams out of NC since they already have a presence in Virginia????????????????? The rumor mill is a nasty place.

Remember Wilson Jones came from E-One...............
    Last edited by captainchaos; 03-04-2010 at 12:04 AM.

Forum Member

This Pierce dealership cannot go away, it's too strong and has a lot of customers down here. The Pierce product sells very well in this area and I think that the Singer dealership/service centers is one of the reasons why many go with them. You sure can't say the same with some of the other big manufacturers and their dealerships down this way.

Forum Member

Sooooo getting back to the Chicago deal.......

Forum Member

On the Chicago order with Crimson, anybody know the breakdown between straight sticks and aerial towers?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by LeadOff View Post
    On the Chicago order with Crimson, anybody know the breakdown between straight sticks and aerial towers?
    I would not be surprised if there are 0, none, zip, nada in the way of tower ladders. They only have 11 tower ladders in the entire department, and none of them have been ordered "together" They have each been bought as single unit orders, and they have come from varying manufacturers.

MembersZone Subscriber

I looked at the original bid package, and unless something changed, it is only for straight sticks.

Kind of interesting, but Spartan had a cab for a Chicago aerial nearly complete I'd say nearly two years ago when I was touring the plant. Crimson was building the unit as a prototype, from what I could get from the guy giving us the tour. I've read in Fire Apparatus Journal that this completed unit ended up being purchased by someone out east.

It'll be interesting to see the completed rigs and how well they hold up. Not slamming Crimson, as I suspect Chicago would be a challenge to anyone to keep satisfied.
    "Share your knowledge - it's a way to achieve immortality." - Stolen from Chase Sargent's Buddy to Boss program

Forum Member

That truck went to Joysey City, NJ

http://crimson-fire.com/delivery.aspx?id=8836

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by npfd801 View Post

It'll be interesting to see the completed rigs and how well they hold up. Not slamming Crimson, as I suspect Chicago would be a challenge to anyone to keep satisfied.
    All of my friends that are on the Crimson engines like them...a lot. Minor things here and there, but nothing major considering some of these engines run 15 times a day. They're holding up well, doing what they're supposed to. The Spartan Gladiator cabs are a huge hit with almost everyone I've spoken to.

Forum Member

Smile

So dose anyone know what happened to Jimmy Diesel? They were the dealer up this way.

Forum Member

Well crimson must do something right, they have been the main supplier for a long time now engine wise back into the Quality/Luverne days...good luck to them, nice to see something thats not a Pierce.......

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by npfd801 View Post
    Not slamming Crimson, as I suspect Chicago would be a challenge to anyone to keep satisfied.
    Well, at least Crimson was able to get their foot in the door, unlike E-One who boldly announced at the 2009 dealer meeting that the order was theirs.
    I have only 2 allegiances, to my country and to my God. The rest of you are fair game.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by captainchaos View Post
    But if they were to give NC and VA Pierce dealership to CW Williams out of NC since they already have a presence in Virginia????????????????? The rumor mill is a nasty place.
    Now there is a scenario out of left field. I'd be surprised if that panned out as CWW appears to be very successful with Rosenbauer...but with the volatility in today's market, anything is possible I guess. Anybody else heard this or have more to add?

Thread Information