Hey guys,

For those of you who have never heard of or have never attend the Center for Domestic Preparedness (C.D.P.) PER-261 WMD Hazardous Materials Technician (HT) Live Agent course in Anniston, Alabama, this is a great HazMat Tech training course to attend!

http://cdp.dhs.gov/resident/ht.html

I went last week and enjoyed everything about the course! After going through the Chemical, Ordnance, Biological, and Radiological Training Facility (COBRA), I left the course with a much better understanding and far greater respect for the possible threats that I may encounter. All the instructors were top notch with years of experience. My class was made up of about 40 guys from across the country and from different areas of the public safety sector. It was a great chance to make new friends and network. Everything is provided at no cost to you or your jurisdiction: Round-trip airfare, room/board, all meals (which were all great!), ground transportation, course materials and equipment.

The only difficult thing about all this for me was trying to locate my state's point of contact prior to scheduling my trip. You will need to locate your state's point of contact because they are the person you will send all of the required paperwork to. They will then send it to the C.D.P. and the C.D.P. will send you an itenary packet with everything you will need to attend the course.

So if you get the chance, I highly recommend going to this course!