Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789

Thread: Pagers

Quote Originally Posted by The48Man View Post
    Should Jrs. have pagers in school? No No No No. On my department we do give our Jrs. pagers but if you are caught wearing your pager in school weather it is turned on or off you will be kicked off the FD! Now if you are 18 and a full firefighter you cant really say no but in my county we have a county high school that is atleast 10 to 15 minutes from our district line and its just stupid to leave school when your gonna get there and do nothing because your to late. For me though I am in college and during the day this semester our district was stripped of EMTs due to a number of our firefighter/emts in a paramedic class everyday out of the county. My college is in my district so i would leave to go to the call so atleast someone would show up from us. But also i will ask my professor every semester if i can go on calls in the middle of class just to make sure it is alright with them.
    not to start anything with you, but realy? kicking them out for haveing it in school? atleast give them a warning or two the first time or 2, kicking them out is kinda extream. but i mean at least suspend them or something.
    but i mean thats just my opinion.
    Firefighters need not fear fire, but give it all their respect.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by RS1606 View Post
    not to start anything with you, but realy? kicking them out for haveing it in school? atleast give them a warning or two the first time or 2, kicking them out is kinda extream. but i mean at least suspend them or something.
    but i mean thats just my opinion.
    This is the kind of comment that gets my blood boiling. You think that they should give them a warning or two for disobeying a direct order, from the fire chief, if they carry their pagers at school when they shouldn’t.

I’ll tell you this, if my chief gives an order on the fire ground to one of our guys, and they do something different then what he has to tell them. They are not getting one or two warnings. If they make it back to the house they are getting a shoe strategically placed in their rectum, then being placed on suspension or possibly fired.

Rules are there for a reason. To be followed, not to be argued with, or broken because you know you have 2 more chances.

Just my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by VincentEng2 View Post
    This is the kind of comment that gets my blood boiling. You think that they should give them a warning or two for disobeying a direct order, from the fire chief, if they carry their pagers at school when they shouldn’t.

I’ll tell you this, if my chief gives an order on the fire ground to one of our guys, and they do something different then what he has to tell them. They are not getting one or two warnings. If they make it back to the house they are getting a shoe strategically placed in their rectum, then being placed on suspension or possibly fired.

Rules are there for a reason. To be followed, not to be argued with, or broken because you know you have 2 more chances.

Just my 2 cents.
    good point, i was just sayin, we are teenagers, we mess up. i take back what i said bout the warning but i think it would be a good idea to suspend them the first time, but if they do it again the kick them out.

in other words, what i'm saying is that some times we forget that we have something with us, some times we get in the habit of puting something on our belt that we do it with out thinking.
    i am so use to puting a knife on my belt, that i have to check myself before i get out of the car at school to make sure i dont have one on me.

not sure if you can realy understand what i'm trying to say in this. not tryin to say its right or wrong just giveing an opinion
    Last edited by RS1606; 05-17-2010 at 01:31 PM.

Forum Member

good point, i was just sayin, we are teenagers, we mess up. i take back what i said bout the warning but i think it would be a good idea to suspend them the first time, but if they do it again the kick them out.

in other words, what i'm saying is that some times we forget that we have something with us, some times we get in the habit of puting something on our belt that we do it with out thinking.
    i am so use to puting a knife on my belt, that i have to check myself before i get out of the car at school to make sure i dont have one on me.

not sure if you can realy understand what i'm trying to say in this. not tryin to say its right or wrong just giveing an opinion
    I understand what you’re saying but I don't think you understand what im saying. Stupid mistakes at school may get you off the post for a week. Stupid mistakes on the fire ground may get you in a box with your family getting a folded flag.

“Sorry chief, I forgot to make sure my SCBA was full.” or “I forgot to check the door for heat before I opened it.” “Chief, I didn’t know I was supposed to bring the 4 gas on that gas leak.” Those kinds of accidents don’t fly in the fire service.

oh, no i wasent saying you where wrong i was just giveing my "two cents."

Forum Member

Which you are entitled to..

thanks.

Forum Member

But it does not make it right.

haha! i was wondering if you where going to say that

Forum Member

Ah nothing like getting paid good money to sit in cold air-conditioning and arguing with little kids. Isn’t America great?

did you get my inbox message?

Exclamation

You should leave it alone kid. You already have one foot on the banana peel.

Did you not post this?????

i decided i would have to calm down on here, i never know when i may end up trying to get a job at. for all i know one of the guys on here could be my boss one day.

If the Fire Chief or other Officer gives a direct order, you have two choices:

Obey it or quit, take your pick.

It is like cell phones in the school system around here, leave them off or face the principal. He will take it from you and them call mama and daddy and they have to come to scholl to get it back.
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Quote Originally Posted by CaptOldTimer View Post
    You should leave it alone kid. You already have one foot on the banana peel.

Did you not post this?????

If the Fire Chief or other Officer gives a direct order, you have two choices:

Obey it or quit, take your pick.

It is like cell phones in the school system around here, leave them off or face the principal. He will take it from you and them call mama and daddy and they have to come to scholl to get it back.
    yea :/ i was just tryin to clear up what i said............ not tryin to smart off or anything, but carter highschool lets us use cell phones in class if teacher is not teaching and if we are done with our work. its kinda cool.

Forum Member

When you get your pager you have a meeting with the chief and asst. chief about your pager and in that meeting you are strictly warned about wearing pagers in school. Yes, it may sound over the top but we have the rule because we dont want to get calls from the principal saying that our jrs are intrupeting class with their pagers going off and in turn make our department look bad.
    Basically, Its all about breaking glass and kickin' *****

Quote Originally Posted by The48Man View Post
    When you get your pager you have a meeting with the chief and asst. chief about your pager and in that meeting you are strictly warned about wearing pagers in school. Yes, it may sound over the top but we have the rule because we dont want to get calls from the principal saying that our jrs are intrupeting class with their pagers going off and in turn make our department look bad.
    ok sweet, i see what you mean now, from your first post i was just thinkin it was something like. " ok! here is your pager, try not to carry it to school."
    alright i see now.

Forum Member

Random Post to Keep a Meaningless Thread Still Going.

and another to keep it going.

Closed Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789

Thread Information