Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber

Default Scba Mobil Fill Station

We were giving a older cascade system this summer but no fill station. What is the AFG limit for mobile fill stations we have room on our engine to mount a 2 bottle system and maybe a one bottle fill station.

They've been awarded for at least $70,000.

Why do you need mobile? If you are looking for a compressor/fill station/cascade for your facility the max is $40,000. Can easily get a nice unit for that price.

MembersZone Subscriber

We just need the fill station we already have the bottles for the cascade part. Right now I'm just filling the bottles on the floor with no protection.

Quote Originally Posted by volfireman034 View Post
    We just need the fill station we already have the bottles for the cascade part. Right now I'm just filling the bottles on the floor with no protection.
    Man you are braver than I am. I use to do that also until I seen photos of them rupturing. Then I had one of my ffís to make me a double steel lined canister. That was before we got a grant to replace everything. So you are looking for a fill station for your truck is that right? How do you fill your cascade system up? I take it you already have a compressor and cascade in your station. If not donít you think you could get all that together on an AFG grant as easy as a fill station? By the way ask for a class 3 fill station.

MembersZone Subscriber

Wink I was reduced this year to $5K

I was reduced this year from $6,500 to $5,000 for a two bottle fill station. Our application was for a station unit and not a mobile, but I suspect they are the same with AFG. We have a good old 5,000 psi compressor and 4,500 psi cascade bottles so we went just for the explosion proof fill chamber. The prices of these run a lot higher then what they allow.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by volfireman034 View Post
    We were giving a older cascade system this summer but no fill station. What is the AFG limit for mobile fill stations we have room on our engine to mount a 2 bottle system and maybe a one bottle fill station.
    We just went through this process. We were going to install a fill station in our rescue, but decided to get a three bottle fill station at our fire hall instead. Single bottle fills were around 3000 for our rescue. Good luck!!!

MembersZone Subscriber

Thanks for the help. We have a fellow firefighter trying to make us a double wall box now but thats still not really safe. So that's why were wanting a NFPA cert. one. We will our bottles at a near by fire department. So putting the cascade on the truck will also make filling them easier. Plus there no department in the county with a mobile system at this time.

Thread Information