9 37.50%
  • Decreasing

2 8.33%
  • What Wages????

3 12.50%
+ Reply to Thread
    Banned

Default Are Your Wages Rising

Saw this poll on CNN, just curious what is going on here. Plus I modified it a bit

I take it you are talking non-contract employees? Hopefully my base will rise in April.....but that is a contractural item....

My wedgie is rising. Does that count?
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    --General James Mattis, USMC

MembersZone Subscriber

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by pasobuff View Post
    I take it you are talking non-contract employees? Hopefully my base will rise in April.....but that is a contractural item....
    Actually, every person working has a contract. Some are negotiated for them while others negotiate there own. Even long term contracts can be renegotiated.

Our union negiotated a contract during the middle of the recession that gave us a 10% raise over 2 years on top of our yearly step raises. So, yes, I am!

City tried to argue but a quick review of the books of how we didnt get raises for 16 years or so during good economic times silenced them!
    The Box. You opened it. We Came...

"You'll take my life but I'll take your's too. You'll fire musket but I'll run you through. So when your waiting for the next attack, you'll better understand there's no turn back."

Quote Originally Posted by JHR1985 View Post
    Our union negiotated a contract during the middle of the recession that gave us a 10% raise over 2 years on top of our yearly step raises. So, yes, I am!

City tried to argue but a quick review of the books of how we didnt get raises for 16 years or so during good economic times silenced them!
    Our union contract gave us 12% over three years. We are in the last year of the contract.
    "Did you check under the bed?" -- Judge Crater, 1930

MembersZone Subscriber

We got a 3% cost of living raise. Has been that way for the last several years. So I will say thank you to our board of directors.

Banned

This is interesting, the CNN poll had about 20% seeing an increase in wages.

Quote Originally Posted by ScareCrow57 View Post
    This is interesting, the CNN poll had about 20% seeing an increase in wages.
    Is that an increase due to 'scheduled' raises or the actual (starting/wage rate) being higher?

Remember that this poll is totally unscientific. To be reliable, you would need a random sampling of working people, not just those who chose to reply. People's circumstances, as determined by their raise or lack thereof, can influence the likelihood that they would reply to the poll.

That said, it's good to see that somebody is getting raises!
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    --General James Mattis, USMC

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by pasobuff View Post
    Is that an increase due to 'scheduled' raises or the actual (starting/wage rate) being higher?
    That is just for the wages in general. I know a lot of Salary people got no raises or got cuts in pay. I know the salary people at Amsterdam Printing took a 10% cut so they didn't have to lay off hourly workers.

Oh yes, all of these online polls are highly unscientific. A poll here we get fire fighters and EMS people. A poll on CNN will get more liberal responses as they cater more to the liberal side of things. And a poll at FOX will get a more conservative slant. A true poll must be totally random to work.

MembersZone Subscriber dmleblanc's Avatar
    Not the end of the earth but I can see it from here...

Are Your Wages Rising
    Hold on, lemme check....Nope, still zero....
    Chief Dwayne LeBlanc
    Paincourtville Volunteer Fire Department
    Paincourtville, LA

"I have a dream. It's not a big dream, it's just a little dream. My dream — and I hope you don't find this too crazy — is that I would like the people of this community to feel that if, God forbid, there were a fire, calling the fire department would actually be a wise thing to do. You can't have people, if their houses are burning down, saying, 'Whatever you do, don't call the fire department!' That would be bad."
    — C.D. Bales, "Roxanne"

Forum Member 1500chief@sbcglobal.net's Avatar

We did not get a raise this past year. That would not be bad except they give us 10 days a year Cost saving days. In other words we get the day off without pay as long as they have coverage to let us take it off. If you do not get your days off with in the year you forfiet them. They also took our personal days. I will be glad when this contract is over!!!!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 1500chief@sbcglobal.net View Post
    We did not get a raise this past year. That would not be bad except they give us 10 days a year Cost saving days. In other words we get the day off without pay as long as they have coverage to let us take it off. If you do not get your days off with in the year you forfiet them. They also took our personal days. I will be glad when this contract is over!!!!
    Yes, we did not get a raise as well. This year should be different based on the last 4 quarters.

Thread Information