1. #1
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long time no Sea
    Posts
    2,253

    Talking Did medstudent get her award?

    There was another one as well, but forgot who it was.

    I don't see an announcement thread posted, so I don't know if she didn't get the award or if she had a heart attack from getting the award and so not able to follow up on starting the thread. hope she's OK

  2. #2
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,753

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jam24u View Post
    There was another one as well, but forgot who it was.

    I don't see an announcement thread posted, so I don't know if she didn't get the award or if she had a heart attack from getting the award and so not able to follow up on starting the thread. hope she's OK
    No award for her. All of PA's awards were OPS this week.

  3. #3
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long time no Sea
    Posts
    2,253

    Default

    So she's in the waiting bar having doubles then.

  4. #4
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,753

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jam24u View Post
    So she's in the waiting bar having doubles then.
    As a pre-med more likely self-medicating.

  5. #5
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Way South of the Mason Dixon line
    Posts
    515

    Default

    Yeah the xanax's worked for me. I hope I am not becoming dependant. lol

  6. #6
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Osborn MO
    Posts
    181

    Default

    I'm surprised by the lack of celebration here today

  7. #7
    Forum Member
    SLY4420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,982

    Default

    Only 301 awards today. If we represent about 2% of the applicants out there, only 6 people would be reporting good news here.

    (I've seen 5 posts mentioning awards!)

  8. #8
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long time no Sea
    Posts
    2,253

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by onebugle View Post
    As a pre-med more likely self-medicating.
    I think she's looking for the real hard stuff.

  9. #9
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Osborn MO
    Posts
    181

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SLY4420 View Post
    Only 301 awards today. If we represent about 2% of the applicants out there, only 6 people would be reporting good news here.

    (I've seen 5 posts mentioning awards!)
    you numbers guys, sheesh

  10. #10
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    247

    Default

    Hey, wow! I'm famous. I've got my screen name in a thread title.

    No award for our department this week. Anyways, onebugle, I'm not a pre-med anymore. I'm a first year med student. I've been spending my days this week reading ECGs and listening to hearts. Too bad DHS didn't award us. I wanted to hook myself up to the 12 leads and see the award triggered SVTs.

  11. #11
    Forum Member
    medic190's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Stuyvesant Falls, NY
    Posts
    329

    Default

    Hey, just watch out for the ablation! better yet, try adenocard... I love watching the faces of my paramedic interns when they see that lovely asystole! We'll see you award next week!

  12. #12
    MembersZone Subscriber
    dfd701's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Alabama USofA
    Posts
    321

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by medstudent13 View Post
    Hey, wow! I'm famous. I've got my screen name in a thread title.

    No award for our department this week. Anyways, onebugle, I'm not a pre-med anymore. I'm a first year med student. I've been spending my days this week reading ECGs and listening to hearts. Too bad DHS didn't award us. I wanted to hook myself up to the 12 leads and see the award triggered SVTs.
    Sorry about that medstudent. You know the last one is as good as the first time. That should be a song. Maybe next week you will have your name in print. Good luck.

  13. #13
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long time no Sea
    Posts
    2,253

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by medic190 View Post
    Hey, just watch out for the ablation! better yet, try adenocard... I love watching the faces of my paramedic interns when they see that lovely asystole! We'll see you award next week!
    Watch you language young man!

  14. #14
    Forum Member
    medic190's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Stuyvesant Falls, NY
    Posts
    329

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jam24u View Post
    Watch you language young man!
    Nothing like the 'pucker factor' when you see a guy doing 150 and talking to you to: "i feel funny" and watching him flat line in front of you! ~normally~ after 10 seconds or so, the AV node takes back over and things are good, but occasionally.... oops! I LOVE Adenocard!

  15. #15
    MembersZone Subscriber
    WJVaughn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Dickson TN
    Posts
    1,027

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by medic190 View Post
    Hey, just watch out for the ablation! better yet, try adenocard... I love watching the faces of my paramedic interns when they see that lovely asystole! We'll see you award next week!
    I remember watching that for the first time. After I started breathing again all I could think of "That's not right"

  16. #16
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long time no Sea
    Posts
    2,253

    Red face me the one in back

    My wife would kill whoever revived me

  17. #17
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    247

    Default Ok, I'll beg.

    Just in case DHS reads the forums, here it goes:

    Please give our company our award this week. I am going home this Wednesday, and it would be AMAZING to get to deliver the good news in person. I have it all figured out how I'm going to surprise them if we get the award. Don't let my juicy plan go to waste for another week.


    Sincerely,

    Medstudent

    PS. I know I'm desperate. But, I can't wait any longer!

  18. #18
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long time no Sea
    Posts
    2,253

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by medstudent13 View Post
    Just in case DHS reads the forums, here it goes:

    Please give our company our award this week. I am going home this Wednesday, and it would be AMAZING to get to deliver the good news in person. I have it all figured out how I'm going to surprise them if we get the award. Don't let my juicy plan go to waste for another week.


    Sincerely,

    Medstudent

    PS. I know I'm desperate. But, I can't wait any longer!
    You know, you could consider going to spring break along the Mexican border.

  19. #19
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    247

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jam24u View Post
    You know, you could consider going to spring break along the Mexican border.
    Ok, and get murdered in the drug war. Thanks, but I face that risk daily in Philadelphia. I want to go back to my quiet little small town where the largest crime that has ever happened was stealing bubble gum at the corner store.

  20. #20
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    247

    Default

    I'm getting a screen that says, "WARNING! Please verify your profile information" when I log into the portal. Please tell me this is a good sign and not something that's going to delay our application for another month.

  21. #21
    Forum Member
    SLY4420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,982

    Default

    It won't delay your application for another month.

    It's also not a good sign. It's no sign!

    Regularly scheduled programming. We'll see if there's any good news tomorrow!

  22. #22
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Alum Bank, PA
    Posts
    580

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by medstudent13 View Post
    I'm getting a screen that says, "WARNING! Please verify your profile information" when I log into the portal. Please tell me this is a good sign and not something that's going to delay our application for another month.
    GOOD GOLLY MEDSTUDENT, YOU HAVE GONE OVER YOUR QUOTA OF LOGINS AND THEY WILL NOW LOCK YOU OUT AND PULL ALL PENDING AND FUTURE AWARDS....... I am only joking MED. They do this every so often for no apparent reason, and they appear to be random. I have my fingers crossed for you for this Friday. Have a safe trip home from Philly tomorrow. Sounds like it is going to be a beautiful day!!

    Kelly

  23. #23
    Forum Member
    SLY4420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,982

    Default

    Congratulations to medstudent on her award this friday!!!

  24. #24
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,753

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SLY4420 View Post
    Congratulations to medstudent on her award this friday!!!

    Congrats medstudent on the award for a new ambulance. Great job.

    Now the disclaimer:

    "We all told you so!"

  25. #25
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Northwest PA
    Posts
    327

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by medstudent13 View Post
    Just in case DHS reads the forums, here it goes:

    Please give our company our award this week. I am going home this Wednesday, and it would be AMAZING to get to deliver the good news in person. I have it all figured out how I'm going to surprise them if we get the award. Don't let my juicy plan go to waste for another week.


    Sincerely,

    Medstudent

    PS. I know I'm desperate. But, I can't wait any longer!
    I'm absolutly sure this had nothing to do with your award, regardless GONGRATS to MEDSTUDENT Hip,Hip, Horay!!!!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Ribbons for Uniform
    By MarcusKspn in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-02-2006, 11:42 PM
  2. Campbell River Fights Award To Firefighter
    By MalahatTwo7 in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-15-2005, 11:27 AM
  3. Gloucester & Mount Ephraim Families Receive Russ Berrie Award
    By NJFFSA16 in forum The Off Duty Forums
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-30-2003, 01:58 AM
  4. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-17-2002, 06:30 AM
  5. Courage and Valor Award
    By NJFFSA16 in forum Line of Duty: In Memory Of
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-14-2002, 11:59 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register