Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Default ALF-- No FDIC LTI to Stay in PA

Press release says they want to focus on future business, not sure how that happens and a little surprise about keeping LTI in PA. What a mess this continues to be at ALF

Press Release here

Forum Member

More confusing and somewhat surprising news from ALF! The announcement about the Ephrata facility (old LTI) doesn't make a lot of sense. When they shut this plant down last year, they let all of the employees go (quite a few of them ended up getting jobs down the road at Crimson Aerials just outside of Lancaster), shipped most of the spare parts down to South Carolina, but left most of the machines and tooling in Ephrata. ALF must still be leasing the Ephrata buildings from the original LTI founders (Zimmerman family) who still own the facility. We'll see what really happens over the next several months but it sure looks like some sort of posturing going on before Patriarch Partners folds ALF and then ends up selling the Ephrata assets to somebody. I guess Ferrara is still waiting for this to see if they buy the old LTI stuff and start building their own aerial products here and quit buying them from Smeal. I know a lot of the old LTI employees that are still in the area are waiting for something to happen to see if they get their old jobs back.

Lynn Tilton, please, for the love of god, just once and for all pull the plug. Everyone hates seeing a relative that they love on life support. Pull the plug and let ALF die, you are WAY past saving face. Let them die with SOME dignity.
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FWDbuff View Post
    Lynn Tilton, please, for the love of god, just once and for all pull the plug. Everyone hates seeing a relative that they love on life support. Pull the plug and let ALF die, you are WAY past saving face. Let them die with SOME dignity.
    AMEN, brother. It's very sad to me to see one of the old stalwarts of the fire apparatus industry bite the dust but to see them go out this way just makes it that much worse. What else can I say.

Forum Member

Had the chance to talk to some of the former LTI employees who lost their jobs last year when ALF closed the Ephrata facility about the recent announcement that ALF was going to reopen the plant. They are just as surprised as anybody is about this news. Most of are very skeptical that ALF is really going to resume aerial ladder production in Ephrata. Only time will tell!

Quote Originally Posted by LeadOff View Post
    Had the chance to talk to some of the former LTI employees who lost their jobs last year when ALF closed the Ephrata facility about the recent announcement that ALF was going to reopen the plant. They are just as surprised as anybody is about this news. Most of are very skeptical that ALF is really going to resume aerial ladder production in Ephrata. Only time will tell!
    And WELL they SHOULD be. I'm wondering when Chris is going to pick up that part and start building his own aerials. T.C.

Forum Member

I go with FWD. Let them Die. AmericanLafrance is gone. Have been for years!

Thread Information