Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Singer Fire Apparatus-Pierce Dealer

I'm hearing rumors that Pierce is taking over Singer Fire Apparatus, one of Pierce's strongest dealers to make it a official Pierce Factory Service Center?

Would that mean Singer would no longer be a Pierce dealer, or would they have more of a partnership with Pierce? Singer is a pretty big organization.

Is this rumor true?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestTac1 View Post
    I'm hearing rumors that Pierce is taking over Singer Fire Apparatus, one of Pierce's strongest dealers to make it a official Pierce Factory Service Center?

Would that mean Singer would no longer be a Pierce dealer, or would they have more of a partnership with Pierce? Singer is a pretty big organization.

Is this rumor true?
    This is true. Singer is on the way out due to serious legal issues which I do not want to get into on this forum. Pierce is taking the dealership over for at least a temporary period. I've heard that Pierce will run it until they can find a buyer or buyers if they have to split it up.

Thanks for the info.

Does this just affect the Singer-Pierce relationship, or does this affect the entire Singer operation? I know they have multiple facilities and represent many brands. Hope all the salesman and employees are kept on board.

Forum Member

I definitely don't know all the particulars of how all of this mess will get sorted out. The only thing for sure is that Dick Singer will no longer have any involvement in this operation.

OSD122

Mr. Singer is in some serious criminal trouble right now. Pierce will be running the show like a previous poster stated. Word is Pierce is looking for a buyer.
    Last edited by webteam; 03-08-2010 at 02:07 PM. Reason: Distribution of another person's personal information is prohibited even if it is in the news.

osd122 I don't think putting this out, even thought you copied it from the news paper, which is not within the TOS of Firehouse, was appropriate.

He hasn't been found guilty of anything as of yet!
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by LeadOff View Post
    I definitely don't know all the particulars of how all of this mess will get sorted out. The only thing for sure is that Dick Singer will no longer have any involvement in this operation.
    That's the way I understand it as well.

Two things that I have heard but can NOT confirm;

1) Rush Truck out of Texas is in serious talks with Pierce for taking over VA http://www.rushtruckcenters.com/

2) Jim Featherstone, who moved to AZ to start up a Pierce dealership (Red Rock??) will be returning to VA to start up Red something.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestTac1 View Post

Is this rumor true?
    How does this concern you? Again you post old news to make yourself
    and your wacker website a ''news source"'.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CrackPipe View Post
    That's the way I understand it as well.

1) Rush Truck out of Texas is in serious talks with Pierce for taking over VA http://www.rushtruckcenters.com/
    While I've never personally had any dealings with Rush Enterprises, I know from my background in the trucking industry that they are a highly regarded and respected company. They are known for doing what they do, right.

I only have two concerns: 1, I don't think they have any background in the fire apparatus business. If not, they will have a gigantic learning curve to deal with. I'm sure if they put their minds to it, they can, but the curve will be there.

2, They are a publicly owned corporation (NASDAQ RUSHB)). That means that they do ultimately have stockholders to answer to. That's not necessarily bad, but if push comes to shove, that has to be a factor in the equation.

Forum Member

Question

And this is just another piece of the rumor mill that I have heard.

Pierce does want to slice the territory up if possible with the correct mix of dealers. I dont believe the current issue with the Singer organization is as paramount the problem as to when something like this takes place, such as a big organization that they are in an economic slump and no one at the helm.

Now some of it has been two-fold. One of the rumors out there is that some of the people within the organization will be afforded the opportunity to get some of this pie given the right circumstances, service, salepeople etc.

The other, which has come out of left field, is that they have been talking with the Seagrave regional guy, I beleive he is in the DC area, to take over for for the guy they let go. And if that is the case, he would bring on the two Maryland dealers from Seagrave, one of which is a spin off of Charlie Blacks old place, I think his son may be invloved in some way.

May be a liitle backwards, but that is the gist of the conversation.

Exclamation

Why don't you guys stop posting crap about Mr. Singer. What did he do to you? NOTHING!
    Don't throw him under the bus. He is innocent.

That dealership is the largest and sells more than the other dealers. The dealer in Maryland was a great dealer, but his health is bad.

Also until you know ALL the facts stop posting rumors. I know the man personally and he is right up the road from us. We have a great relationship with the company and will in the future.

MembersZone Subscriber

Unhappy News Sensationalism

I have no idea who this Mr. Singer is, but this type of thing is endemic with what is wrong with the news organizations today. Some poor smuck is accused of sexual assault by a ****ed off honey and it is plastered all over the front page. A year later when the charges are dropped it is noted in a two line item on page 13. After the career and marriage of the defendant is destroyed and they have to move out of state and start over. It is called guilty by insinuation!

Forum Member

The latest RUMOR from some of the apparatus dealers in the area is the Singer's Pierce dealership will likely be brokenup with Rush Truck taking VA, Black taking MD, and Glick taking DE. I find it somewhat interesting if Will Black (currently the Seagrave dealer on the MD Eastern Shore) does get the Pierce dealership in MD since it was his father (Charlie) that had the Pierce dealership in MD for quite a while before he retired which led to Singer becoming the Pierce dealer.

Rush Truck Center already has a relationship with Oshkosh, the parent company of Pierce. They have taken over and are the exlcusive dealer for their Jerr-Dann brand wreckers for many southwestern states, including Texas.

As far as Dick Singer goes, innocent until proven guilty. I sure hope the allegations aren't true, but if they weren't, why would Pierce take such knee-jerk reaction?

Forum Member

Default Pierce has a new President

OSHKOSH, Wis., May 25, 2010 (BUSINESS WIRE) --Oshkosh Corporation (NYSE: OSK), a leading manufacturer of access equipment, specialty vehicles and vehicle bodies, today announces changes to its leadership teams in two of its business segments - Access Equipment and Fire & Emergency.

Wilson Jones has been named executive vice president and president of the corporation's Access Equipment segment, replacing Craig Paylor, who is retiring. Wilson Jones will assume the position on July 1, 2010. Craig Paylor has been executive vice president and president of the Access Equipment segment since 2007. He also served as president of JLG Industries, which was acquired by Oshkosh in 2006. Under Craig Paylor's leadership, JLG has grown internationally as the leader in the access equipment market with operations around the world.

Prior to his new assignment, Wilson Jones served as executive vice president and president of the Fire & Emergency segment and president of Pierce Manufacturing, positions held since 2008. Wilson Jones has been a key contributor to the growth of the segment, especially in the fire apparatus marketplace.

Jim Johnson has been promoted to executive vice president and president of the Fire & Emergency segment and president of Pierce Manufacturing, replacing Jones. Jim Johnson joined Pierce in 2007 and most recently served as senior vice president of sales and marketing prior to his new promotion.

"We were very fortunate to have three talented executives with the leadership caliber of Craig Paylor, Wilson Jones and Jim Johnson in our organization," said Charlie Szews, Oshkosh Corporation president and chief operating officer. "We expect to build upon the outstanding foundation set by Craig at JLG, and are pleased to bring Wilson's skills to sustain and grow JLG's global leadership position in the Access Equipment market. Wilson leaves the Fire & Emergency segment in an extremely strong position and Jim will bring his sales skills to continue this momentum.

"We wish Craig the best in retirement and look forward to Wilson and Jim successfully leading their segments and expanding their businesses globally."

Quote Originally Posted by Hehateme View Post
    OSHKOSH, Wis., May 25, 2010 (BUSINESS WIRE) --Oshkosh Corporation (NYSE: OSK), a leading manufacturer of access equipment, specialty vehicles and vehicle bodies, today announces changes to its leadership teams in two of its business segments - Access Equipment and Fire & Emergency.

Wilson Jones has been named executive vice president and president of the corporation's Access Equipment segment, replacing Craig Paylor, who is retiring. Wilson Jones will assume the position on July 1, 2010. Craig Paylor has been executive vice president and president of the Access Equipment segment since 2007. He also served as president of JLG Industries, which was acquired by Oshkosh in 2006. Under Craig Paylor's leadership, JLG has grown internationally as the leader in the access equipment market with operations around the world.

Prior to his new assignment, Wilson Jones served as executive vice president and president of the Fire & Emergency segment and president of Pierce Manufacturing, positions held since 2008. Wilson Jones has been a key contributor to the growth of the segment, especially in the fire apparatus marketplace.

Jim Johnson has been promoted to executive vice president and president of the Fire & Emergency segment and president of Pierce Manufacturing, replacing Jones. Jim Johnson joined Pierce in 2007 and most recently served as senior vice president of sales and marketing prior to his new promotion.

"We were very fortunate to have three talented executives with the leadership caliber of Craig Paylor, Wilson Jones and Jim Johnson in our organization," said Charlie Szews, Oshkosh Corporation president and chief operating officer. "We expect to build upon the outstanding foundation set by Craig at JLG, and are pleased to bring Wilson's skills to sustain and grow JLG's global leadership position in the Access Equipment market. Wilson leaves the Fire & Emergency segment in an extremely strong position and Jim will bring his sales skills to continue this momentum.

"We wish Craig the best in retirement and look forward to Wilson and Jim successfully leading their segments and expanding their businesses globally."

Off Topic!

What does this have to do with the title of this thread???

Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by CaptOldTimer View Post
    Off Topic!

What does this have to do with the title of this thread???

It's a kool-aid thing.

And the Kool-Aid is strong with this one...
    Career Firefighter
    Volunteer Captain

-Professional in Either Role-

Quote Originally Posted by Rescue101 View Post
    I don't mind fire rolling over my head. I just don't like it rolling UNDER my a**.

Forum Member

There is a link between Singer Associates and Oshkosh. The word out down here (in MD) is that Oshkosh has taken over the Pierce dealership in MD, VA, and DE that used to be run by Dick Singer. I believe that Oshkosh will run the dealership until it can be sold to private ownership. It could still be split up if a single owner doesn't buy the whole dealership for the three states which includes quite a few service facilities.

Quote Originally Posted by LeadOff View Post
    There is a link between Singer Associates and Oshkosh. The word out down here (in MD) is that Oshkosh has taken over the Pierce dealership in MD, VA, and DE that used to be run by Dick Singer. I believe that Oshkosh will run the dealership until it can be sold to private ownership. It could still be split up if a single owner doesn't buy the whole dealership for the three states which includes quite a few service facilities.
    As of yesterday it hadn't happen yet. It may but Mr. Singer will get throught this period and will be back. They are still servicing apparatus.

Thread Information