Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Default "Mandatory Post Award Orientation"

Greetings, All! I've been off the forum for about 10 days enjoying a VACATION, but upon my return I found an email from FEMA that was different from any that I've previously received (the 2009 award is our third AFG ). I looked over the forum pages since I've been away, and didn't see anything about this... Has anyone else outside of FEMA Region II gotten this notice? I call the number provided, and it rings 10-12 times, and then tells me that it's an "invalid extension".

Good Morning,

As a recipient of AFG funding, grantees must complete a Post Award Orientation with their regional representatives. The Orientation will take about 10 minutes of your time. During the orientation, I will review program policies and procedures. The orientation will all offer you an opportunity to ask any questions about your grant. When you have a chance, please call me M-F, 8:30-4:00 at: 212-680-XXXX.

I look forward to hearing from you.
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."

George S. Patton

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by DFDCar1 View Post
    Greetings, All! I've been off the forum for about 10 days enjoying a VACATION, but upon my return I found an email from FEMA that was different from any that I've previously received (the 2009 award is our third AFG ). I looked over the forum pages since I've been away, and didn't see anything about this... Has anyone else outside of FEMA Region II gotten this notice? I call the number provided, and it rings 10-12 times, and then tells me that it's an "invalid extension".

Good Morning,

As a recipient of AFG funding, grantees must complete a Post Award Orientation with their regional representatives. The Orientation will take about 10 minutes of your time. During the orientation, I will review program policies and procedures. The orientation will all offer you an opportunity to ask any questions about your grant. When you have a chance, please call me M-F, 8:30-4:00 at: 212-680-XXXX.

I can't speak for everyone in Region 1, but I didn't recieve that type of email. The email I recieved congratulated us on the award and some info for properly administering the grant. Nothing about an orientation.

Maybe what we recieved in writng is what they want to discuss in that orientation.

Forum Member

got mine called same day..she just asked a few questions and that was it

MembersZone Subscriber
    20 minutes North of Cooperstown, NY/ Baseball Hall of Fame

[QUOTE=DFDCar1;1154763]Greetings, All! I've been off the forum for about 10 days enjoying a VACATION, but upon my return I found an email from FEMA that was different from any that I've previously received (the 2009 award is our third AFG ). I looked over the forum pages since I've been away, and didn't see anything about this... Has anyone else outside of FEMA Region II gotten this notice? I call the number provided, and it rings 10-12 times, and then tells me that it's an "invalid extension".

DFD,

I had the same problem so I called on the cell. ph. # provided, left a voice mail explaining the problem, then called bak about 30 min. later and got right through.

Quote Originally Posted by DFDCar1 View Post

Good Morning,

I got one about two weeks ago. First time I have seen that. On all my other grants I didn’t remember seeing anything like that but I have a bad case of CRS. “can’t remember sxxx”
    Dfd701

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dfd701 View Post
    I got one about two weeks ago. First time I have seen that. On all my other grants I didn’t remember seeing anything like that but I have a bad case of CRS. “can’t remember sxxx”
    Dfd701
    The 2009 season is full of surprises that never seems to stop.

Forum Member

All I got was this:

My name is Lxxxxx Sxxxx and I am with the Assistance to Firefighters Grant Program. Please read the attached letter as it contains important information about the administrative management of your grant. Feel free to contact me with any questions that you might have. If you were awarded a vehicle with your grant, you will be receiving additional information shortly.

Thank You,

Thread Information