+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 First ... 2345678 ... Last
    Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by VincentEng2 View Post
    RS1606 I have a few questions for you.

1. Are you really an explorer or do you just enjoy getting on here and running that little mouth of yours.

2. What organization or department “are you” a explorer and in what state.

3. How old are you and why do you continue to question the.. oh I don't know 1000's of years of fire house experience from people both paid and volunteer that keep telling you the same information over and over again.

4. What does your department Chief, Not your 17 year old explorer Chief feel about you putting this stuff all over the internet? I know that if this stuff that you says is realy going on, and I was the fire chief, I would be utterly embarrassed that this information was being posted all over an internet forum viewed by firefighters all over the world.

Being a firefighter is about being an adult. So if your true about being a firefighter you will be willing to put all the information I requested from you on here.

And if you really have a set of balls you will post Chief Sharps phone number to the station he works out of so I can call him and ask him the same questions

Just my 2 cents
    not to be mean or cruel to you, but i dont have to answer those questions, and second your thinking of a diff department since you said Chief Sharp. im in....well three post now but i was in 4 but i left it due to the matters of this thread.
    Firefighters need not fear fire, but give it all their respect.

Forum Member

Question

Ok,

How do you feel about a Jr. being on a hose line behind a senior firefighter when fighting the fire from the exterior of the structure.

How bout right from the beginning of arriving on scene before the fire is under control?

and or

When the Fire is declared under control by the OIC?????

just looking for opinions...

Forum Member

Man, some people just can't let a thread die......ITS NOT OUR FAULT YOU SHOWED UP LATE TO THE PARTY. Deal with it.
    Matt G.
    Battalion Chief
    IACOJ-Member
    FTM-PTB

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by svfd21emt View Post
    Ok,

How do you feel about a Jr. being on a hose line behind a senior firefighter when fighting the fire from the exterior of the structure.

How bout right from the beginning of arriving on scene before the fire is under control?

and or

See previous 5 pages.

Forum Member

Ok,

and or

Ok, lets do this one more time- What part of "Juniors do not belong in a hot zone or an IDLH environment" did you not understand? Shall I draw you a diagram??????
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

MembersZone Subscriber

Ok,

and or

NOOOOOOOOO!
    Clear Enough For You?
    Stay Safe
    Bull

“Guys if you get hurt, we’ll help you. If you get sick we’ll treat you. If you want to bitch and moan, then all I can tell you is to flick the sand out of your slit, suck it up or get the hell out!”
    - Capt. Marc Cox CFD

Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result.
    -WINSTON CHURCHILL

Forum Member

hey FWD. question, whats a IDLH environment? i havent heard that term.

Forum Member

Imediately Dangerous to Life or Health
    Matt G.
    Battalion Chief
    IACOJ-Member
    FTM-PTB

Forum Member

thanks man

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by BULL321 View Post
    NOOOOOOOOO!
    Clear Enough For You?
    What was that? I didn't hear you.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by RS1606 View Post
    is an exposure line the same as a support line?
    Exposure, support, doesn't matter.. any or all of these lines could be placed into direct action in fire suppression if something were to go wrong. Unless you can go inside and make full fire attacks you should not be on any hoseline at a fire.

Sorry but thats just how I see it.
    Get the first line into operation.

Forum Member

In my department, where I am a junior firefighter, we are allowed to do most firefighting operations except for interior attack. Also, we can fight wildland fires but are not allowed to recieve our red cards. I have never heard the word "explorers" used in my department. I took my FF1 with all the adult firefighters and had to take the same tests and participate in interior attack at our burn building.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Pagosa947 View Post
    In my department, where I am a junior firefighter, we are allowed to do most firefighting operations except for interior attack. Also, we can fight wildland fires but are not allowed to recieve our red cards. I have never heard the word "explorers" used in my department. I took my FF1 with all the adult firefighters and had to take the same tests and participate in interior attack at our burn building.
    Good for you, keep up the hard work and work to get your FFII. And while you are are working on your cert, stay out of the hot zone on the fire ground. As long as you don't die or get kill you will get older and then you will be able to legally fight all the fire you want to.
    Stay Safe
    Bull

“Guys if you get hurt, we’ll help you. If you get sick we’ll treat you. If you want to bitch and moan, then all I can tell you is to flick the sand out of your slit, suck it up or get the hell out!”
    - Capt. Marc Cox CFD

-WINSTON CHURCHILL

MembersZone Subscriber

JUST FYI. I've seen some firefighters who didn't need to be in the hot zone...or on a scene anywhere for that matter.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ffbobbyhill View Post
    JUST FYI. I've seen some firefighters who didn't need to be in the hot zone...or on a scene anywhere for that matter.
    Um, Ok? And your point being? I'm really not sure where you are going with this or what it has to do with the topic.....
    Matt G.
    Battalion Chief
    IACOJ-Member
    FTM-PTB

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by ffbobbyhill View Post
    If they were not JrFF , and that's what this thread is about, your point is. . .. ? Try to stay on topic.
    Stay Safe
    Bull

- Capt. Marc Cox CFD

-WINSTON CHURCHILL

Forum Member

Look guys, I'm a Junior Firefighter. Im 16, almost 17, if you cant trust a jr on a support line then they should not be on the department as far as I am concerned, but im no fire cheif. What makes a person able to do a certain task? Is it age? Are there any forty year olds that should under no circumstance drive a car? YES. Are there 16 year olds who can be trusted in one? YES. The point is, just because someone is under 18 doesnt mean they are less capable than and 18 or even a 25 year old. Judge the person, not the age.

Forum Member

Judge the person, not the age.
    Well Son, you see, there is one small, slight, minor little problem.

There is a hole in your argument the size of Texas.

It's called THE LAW.

In most states, it is against Child Labor Laws for a minor child to be in an IDLH Environment. That means thou shalt not be on an exterior line that is in a collapse zone, downwind of any heat or smoke, or otherwise in a dangerous area. That means thou shalt not raise any ground ladders in a collapse zone, downwind of any heat or smoke, or otherwise in a dangerous area. Thou shalt not perform any activities in an area that is in a collapse zone, downwind of any heat or smoke, or otherwise in a dangerous area.

If your organization is allowing you to engage in activities in an IDLH environment, they may very well be violating state child labor laws, and can be subject to heavy fines. By the way, this also includes hours of service- Most states have laws prescribing a maximum number of hours a minor may "work" in one day or week, and also hours in the day when they may and may not "work." And yes, being a Volunteer Firefighter is legally defined as "work."
    Last edited by FWDbuff; 07-02-2010 at 09:35 PM.

Forum Member

Look guys, I'm a Junior Firefighter. Im 16, almost 17, if you cant trust a jr on a support line then they should not be on the department as far as I am concerned, but im no fire cheif. What makes a person able to do a certain task? Is it age? Are there any forty year olds that should under no circumstance drive a car? YES. Are there 16 year olds who can be trusted in one? YES. The point is, just because someone is under 18 doesnt mean they are less capable than and 18 or even a 25 year old. Judge the person, not the age.

Bad bad choice.....you are going to get reemed haha anyways my 2 cents on it, just wait the longer you wait the more knowledge you will have and the better firefighter you will be. Just hang in there and learn.
    Basically, Its all about breaking glass and kickin' *****

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by FWDbuff View Post
    Well Son, you see, there is one small, slight, minor little problem.

There is a hole in your argument the size of Texas.

It's called THE LAW.
    The Fat Lady Has Sung. Shows over folks, you don't have to go home, but you can't stay here!
    Stay Safe
    Bull

- Capt. Marc Cox CFD

-WINSTON CHURCHILL

MembersZone Subscriber

Buff-

I got crayons and a big chief tablet if you need to use them. I think it's time to start drawing.

Forum Member

Holy jesus is this thread still going????

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by VincentEng2 View Post
    Holy jesus is this thread still going????
    I guess there are just some really stubborn people out there.... or really big trolls that like to stir the pot

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BSFD184 View Post
    I guess there are just some really stubborn people out there.... or really big trolls that like to stir the pot
    Could be. But I also think there are a lot of small rural fire departments out there that utilize their Juniors in ways that they do not realize they are not allowed to- Their Juniors come on here, see the arguing, and have to chime in "well we do it here in Pigs Knuckle, Arkansas"- and have to be told otherwise.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FWDbuff View Post
    Could be. But I also think there are a lot of small rural fire departments out there that utilize their Juniors in ways that they do not realize they are not allowed to- Their Juniors come on here, see the arguing, and have to chime in "well we do it here in Pigs Knuckle, Arkansas"- and have to be told otherwise.
    That is not how we do it in Pigs Knuckle, Arkansas. I also used to work in Camel Toe, California, and Moose Knuckle, Maine and we didn't do it that way either.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 First ... 2345678 ... Last

Thread Information