Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Forum Member

Default Narratives For Quick Attack

Was lucky enough to attend a workshop with Brian a few weeks ago up in Eldon Mo. and let me tell you a lot of good information. With that information we have decided to write a Truck Grant this year for a brush / quick attack. I've written AFG in the past and have been successfull but this will be our first truck request. Any one willing to share successfull narratives for this type of truck. We are looking at the 1906 standard.

james.lannan@straffordfire.org

Thanks Alot!

MembersZone Subscriber

Check your email.

MembersZone Subscriber

Another one on the way.

Forum Member

When we look at cost on this type of truck is it better to over shoot the pricing a little bit and have the department "absorb" the addtional cost when they do a reduction or better to ask for less money than the $125 cap and have the department "absorb" the cost of the back end?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by sfdrescue27 View Post
    When we look at cost on this type of truck is it better to over shoot the pricing a little bit and have the department "absorb" the addtional cost when they do a reduction or better to ask for less money than the $125 cap and have the department "absorb" the cost of the back end?
    I would maybe ask for only a few percent over. But include expense items to account for travel time to your station. Or for visits to the manufacturers.

Others may not agree, but if you say within your narrative/online application you did an asessment of your anticipated costs associated with acquiring the vehicle, it could help cover some of the 'non-purchase price' costs.

Those items can add up. Just be able to account for them if they call you. They do sometimes.

Forum Member

Is there anyway I can get a copy of successful narratives?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by RENOFIRE View Post
    Send me am email through my profile and I'll sned a copy.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by RENOFIRE View Post
    Same response as onebugle...

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by sfdrescue27 View Post
    When we did ours, I got cost estimates from several manufacturers and asked for one of the higher amounts. I asked for $127K and got cut to $125K. Final cost was $127,500, the difference we made up.

Forum Member

Catch, that must be the limit on Quick attacks, that was what we were reduced to when I got ours in 2005.

Forum Member

Default Well

Quote Originally Posted by onebugle View Post
    Check your email.
    Since we are passing out narratives, can I get a copy of the quick attack narrative? We are trying to decide what to do on 2010 and quick attack has been an option and we currently do not have a quick attack. Also considered shooting for an aerial since closest one is 25 miles away. Anyone have any info on aerial awarding standards?

abales635@aol.com

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Limeforever View Post
    Catch, that must be the limit on Quick attacks, that was what we were reduced to when I got ours in 2005.
    It used to be, at least. It seems like this year some were in the $127K range, like maybe they upped it a bit.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by mvfd628 View Post
    Since we are passing out narratives, can I get a copy of the quick attack narrative? We are trying to decide what to do on 2010 and quick attack has been an option and we currently do not have a quick attack. Also considered shooting for an aerial since closest one is 25 miles away. Anyone have any info on aerial awarding standards?

abales635@aol.com
    Sent.

As far as aerials, there's a couple of threads running around discussing them. A lot of it's based on the number of buildings you have 4-stories or taller, as well as some other factors like your status as far as rural/suburban/urban. I'm guessing the better odds are on the quick-attack.

Forum Member

2007 we were awarded 140k. 133k from fed 7k from us then after we were finished we put 23k more to it via loan.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Limeforever View Post
    This year:

Quick Attacks: $135,000

Brush Trucks: $125,000

In 2005 awarded $135,000 for a brush truck.

abales635@aol.com
    I wish I could say I have a winning one to send you but we are still in limbo. Last I heard it was in peer review. Keeping my fingers crossed. We are replacing one so that should help but on the other hand because of all the non built upon land in our JD they have us as rural and that will drop us back down on points. The one we have is a money pit and we are not going to spend any more money on it. Hope to see it in a scrap pile one day. I am rewriting my narrative in case I have to reapply. Seen something I should have put down that I didnít think of like getting all our guys trained on it if we get the truck. They like for everyone to be trained on something they award you. Good Luck on yours. I should know smething one way or the other in a few weeks or so.

Forum Member

The quick attack we ended up with was on a F-550 4x4 chassis with a 1000gpm pump, and a 250 gal tank. It makes first out calls on several of our small driveways, and runs supply from the river on just about all the other calls since there are no hydrants in the district.

Forum Member

Default Brush Truck

What is maximum award for a brush truck?

MembersZone Subscriber

What is maximum award for a brush truck?
    $125,000 for a brush truck.

Forum Member

Default Quick attack verse brush truck

Hey. I would love to see a couple of the successful narratives for the quick attack trucks.

Our department is neighbored by a couple department that have nice 4X4 brush trucks but they carry NO equipment other than water and booster hose. We are wanting a light weight truck to run medical, wrecks, and roadside fires ourselves. It seems a Quick Attack truck is right up our alley.

If anyone has any good suggestions please forward to me @ greginbama@yahoo.com

Greg

Thanks from Alabama.

Thread Information