Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Default RIC Equipment List

What equipment does your dept have assigned to your RIC team? SCBA, hand tools, power tools, drag devices and what else?

From our SOG's....

• The responding F.A.S.T. equipment cache shall consist of at least the following items:

• PPE
    • SCBA & spare bottles
    • Flashlights
    • 6’ Hook
    • Circular Saw & Chain Saw
    • 2 sets of “IRONS” (flathead ax and halligan bar)
    • Thermal Imaging Camera
    • Stokes Basket
    • Scott RIT Pak II
    • 200’ Search Rope.
    • Hand Operated Hydraulic Holmatro Combination Tool
    • Additional equipment may include the a First Aid Supply Bag with O2, AED, Holmatro Combination Tool, Air Bag Set, Sawzalls, and assorted cribbing.
    • Also each member shall have their own personal rescue rope and portable radio (if available, or for each pair of FF’s).
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Bones42 View Post
    From our SOG's....

• The responding F.A.S.T. equipment cache shall consist of at least the following items:

• PPE
    • SCBA & spare bottles
    • Flashlights
    • 6’ Hook
    • Circular Saw & Chain Saw
    • 2 sets of “IRONS” (flathead ax and halligan bar)
    • Thermal Imaging Camera
    • Stokes Basket
    • Scott RIT Pak II
    • 200’ Search Rope.
    • Hand Operated Hydraulic Holmatro Combination Tool
    • Additional equipment may include the a First Aid Supply Bag with O2, AED, Holmatro Combination Tool, Air Bag Set, Sawzalls, and assorted cribbing.
    • Also each member shall have their own personal rescue rope and portable radio (if available, or for each pair of FF’s).
    We carry pretty much the same. We have a Power Hawk battery operated extrication tool that we stage on our RIT Tarp out front. You are not going to be able to bring everything int through the door on the first trip. Grab what you think you might need and be prepared to go back get something else you might need or have someone bring it in for you. We are always looking for new ideas though. The key is being able to adapt and overcome. We are always looking for new ideas.

Forum Member

I apologize for any repetition, but Ill try to remember my departments caches off hand.

Our RIT cache has 2 set ups, one for Commercial and one for Residential.

Roof Ladder, 14ft or more
    Extension Ladder 24 ft for Res, 32ft for Commercial
    "Little Giant" Combination Ladder
    Circular saw w/combi/demo blade attached. w/tool and blade kit +fuel can, started, fuel full.
    Chain Saw, started, fuel full and tool kit.
    Pike pole 6ft for residential 8/12ft for commercial
    Two sets entry irons (halligan and flat head axe)
    TNT or equivalent combination tool.
    TIC
    Every member has a radio
    Air packs on, cylinders open. (facepieces of FFs are to be on after initial 360. Officer does not need to have his on)
    RIT labeled tarp to place all equipment on.

I think this is it. I will repost if i remember something. If you have questions as to WHY we do something feel free to ask and Ill explain.

One thing we dont have is EMS equipment on the list. This is an excellent idea especially if you have ALS or even EMT trained personnel in the RIT team. If I am ever assigned to a RIT team I will bring this. All of our engines are ALS equipped (meds, 12-lead cardiac monitor, intubation equipment, at least one paramedic)

MembersZone Subscriber

Default RIC kit

Im not a fan of masking up until you are heading into a fire condition. having your mask on outside does nothing but heat you up and cause visibility issues. You should be able to don your mask and be on air within seconds. Having it on your face imho is no benefit. I know some guys that are big city guys wear their hood and don mask over it.

Officer usually takes the TIC and a griff hook, a short hook.
    two sets of irons (flat head and halligan) For a commerical job we sub a 8 or 10lb maul instead of flat head.

In our RIT pack we have a modified mask for ease of placement (it has a large handle on top to pull over head. sling mast is also there.

We bring a pre-rigged 2-1 hauling system that can be used for high point ladder rescue or drags or pulls.

Saws are a must and depending on job depends on wood or metal blade being in k-12. Saws are started on way to staging area.

Search rope for large buildings.

We do not bring our hydraulic hand tools or air tools. We will bring our rabbit tool.

There is always someone who can run to our rescue to get additional items if needed.

On scene we will utilize ladders on engines and trucks. We will stretch hand lines to protect egresses and ladder multiple spots of egress. We are expected to be proficient in throwing a 24 footer up by yourself and positioning for whatever purpose is needed.

Qualifing every year is mandated by the department or you are not on the team. We are an aggressive combination department in suburban Morris County and provide RIC services for 6 surrounding towns. We train alot and take this very seriously. I hope you all do to. Train hard, know your team's limitations and be safe.

Thread Information