Thread: The Tampa Clan

Forum Member

Default The Tampa Clan

Just getting this one started for 2010.

Some great grant minds sitting all in one room. Too early in the morning for me to think, so I'm glad we're in good company.

onebugle, catch22, resc81cue, rands1, and morgancity on the MIA list.

Forum Member

Jman, you were a topic of discussion, and sly is looking for his future spouse medstudent to show up.

We are waiting.

MembersZone Subscriber

I see that all of the minds are there. Wish I was there. Take care and good luck

ms

MembersZone Subscriber

Wish I could be there as well, but there in spirit. The Tampa Clan has its' work cut out for them as the Reno Gang has set the bar at 94% success rate (last we knew).

Forum Member

We miss onebugle's experience and morgancity's entertainment.

lewis4mfri also MIA.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by onebugle View Post
    Wish I could be there as well, but there in spirit. The Tampa Clan has its' work cut out for them as the Reno Gang has set the bar at 94% success rate (last we knew).
    I hear that. I really wanted to be there, but scheduling and other factors prevented it.

I'm hoping next year, wherever it is (*cough* midwest *cough* ) I'll be there.

Forum Member

I whish I was there too. Had a good time in Reno, learned alot. My twp said no this year, it didn't matter what facts I brought to them, even the fact that I have saved them over 200,000 dollars since I have started writing grants for them. They said that they would do a every other year for me. So I guess it will be see you next year. Keep it warm Kurt.

Forum Member

We are having internet access problems. It is fine in our rooms (@ $12.95per day), but the hotel staff have been setting up WiFi stations throughout the classroom. So the hotel bought all our lunches. Lebeda and Tello had lobster.

Sly, Dusty and Mike directly behind me had obviously been out partying last night. Rumors began one minute after class started. Again.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by jam24u View Post
    We are having internet access problems. It is fine in our rooms (@ $12.95per day), but the hotel staff have been setting up WiFi stations throughout the classroom. So the hotel bought all our lunches. Lebeda and Tello had lobster.

Sly, Dusty and Mike directly behind me had obviously been out partying last night. Rumors began one minute after class started. Again.
    That doesn't surprise me at all....I think they were in the same shape when they left Reno!!!

Forum Member

I too wanted to be there.... For sure next year, wink wink maybe that cruise idea could materialize.... Hope everyone "learns" a lot.

Marc

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by RES81CUE View Post
    I too wanted to be there.... For sure next year, wink wink maybe that cruise idea could materialize.... Hope everyone "learns" a lot.

Marc
    Sly and I were going through those MIA from Renos Summit and yes you did get mentioned.

We did our peer review exercises outside. The weather is beyond beautiful. Also my suite says daily room costs are $1,399 per day and $9,800 per week. I took photos of it, then found out it meant that that was the Maximum they are allowed to charge. You know for when the Super Bowl is in town. That sort of thing. Young Clancy from Ohio went swimming yesterday.

MembersZone Subscriber

Smile

Next year, all of you come to New Orleans. Even if I don't make the class, Sly and I will be happy to show you around the Big Easy!

And of course any new grant writers! Come on down.

ms

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by RES81CUE View Post

Marc
    Tried to set up a cruise before, but the feedback was that since it's a floating party and if taxpayer money were used residents would have field days and want heads on platters. Anything stationary is just a hotel and a conference so no issues there. Still thinking all-inclusive in Cancun for a training series one of these days, but don't have an AmEx with that high of a limit to reserve anything. Bill Gates keeps canceling his card after I snag his wallet...

Forum Member

We just need to say the class is in Galveston of any other port city... Then we just simply took a "field trip"...

Forum Member

Was thinking of having it there for bringing folks back to the area after Ike, and of course being right next to a cheap 4 day Cancun run on a ship isn't bad either. Last minute fares are dirt cheap. Maybe one day the boss will give me vacation time so we can take one...

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by morgancity View Post
    Next year, all of you come to New Orleans. Even if I don't make the class, Sly and I will be happy to show you around the Big Easy!

And of course any new grant writers! Come on down.

ms
    No offense meant, but the last time I "toured" NOLA was on the motorcycle. Somehow my dad lead us through Bourbon Street in the middle of a gay pride parade. I've been wary since.

I still can't talk my wife into letting me get a pair of those leather chaps we saw. They looked similar to the ones Eugene Levy had in "Armed and Dangerous".

Forum Member

I'd say you married a smart woman....

MembersZone Subscriber

That doesn't surprise me at all....I think they were in the same shape when they left Reno!!!
    Now c'mon, Ive dropped 40 pounds since last year.

MembersZone Subscriber

2011 Summit already being discussed, Key West and Nashville have been thrown out there for consideration.
    Kurt Bradley
    Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
    " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

MembersZone Subscriber

Did you mean "Sit in the bar, not set the bar?"

Forum Member

Default Hey

Glad you are all having good weather. Im in the middle of a fire dept. merger, so coming down was not an option for me.
    Maybe next year.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by WFDFPBEMSL4 View Post
    Now c'mon, Ive dropped 40 pounds since last year.
    Great job on the weight loss.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by WFDFPBEMSL4 View Post
    Did you mean "Sit in the bar, not set the bar?"

Should be both.

MembersZone Subscriber

Definately would be more fun down in Tampa. Just got a quote to replace the roof from the storm damage we had about 2 weeks ago. The insurance ajduster has already been by...now waiting on what the insurance payment is going to be. Fun, fun, fun.

MembersZone Subscriber

Day two update:
    Dateline Tampa, Embassy suites.

Day 2 review in the can, many improvements noted. Entertianment of the afternoon, wathcing the lounge chairs on the patio get blown around in a windstorm.
    Serious comments, suggestions and input, key is the feedback we are porviding and recieving. I can't state this enough to all, this is the finest networking opportunity I've ever been associated with. Look forward to seeing the MIAs next year.

My vote: Wherever warm, and no chance of snow.

Thread Information