Forum Member

Default Howard County Applying

Right how Howard County is not hiring. I was talking to one of the guys at my VFD who works down there and said they wont be hiring until next year, which is perfect for me so I can finish up my Associates Degree in the mean time.

My question is, since I am not ready at the current time and since they are not hiring now, should I still send down an application so they have it already for when they do start hiring?

I have a strong interest and determination for getting hired by HC.

I am familiar with the hiring process for Law Enforcement but not so much for the Fire Department.

With the general knowlage test, I took one or something similar when I went to apply for the railroad last year and did well on it. I am wondering if the 100+ question test I took is similar to the test for the FD.

Any advice would be appriciated.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CowboyD Eng6ine View Post
    Right how Howard County is not hiring. I was talking to one of the guys at my VFD who works down there and said they wont be hiring until next year, which is perfect for me so I can finish up my Associates Degree in the mean time.

My question is, since I am not ready at the current time and since they are not hiring now, should I still send down an application so they have it already for when they do start hiring?

I have a strong interest and determination for getting hired by HC.

I am familiar with the hiring process for Law Enforcement but not so much for the Fire Department.

With the general knowlage test, I took one or something similar when I went to apply for the railroad last year and did well on it. I am wondering if the 100+ question test I took is similar to the test for the FD.

Any advice would be appriciated.

If they are not hiring, why would they take applications? Why send them one now?

Usually an agency will not except an application unless they are hiring or receiving them for an upcoming exam.

It all probability they would trash it if you send it in now.

Plus if you are still taking your AA in fire science, that would be listed now. Right?
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Forum Member

That is why I am asking the question and looking for advise, thanks for the reply.

I am not doing Fire Science, i am going for General Business.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CowboyD Eng6ine View Post
    That is why I am asking the question and looking for advise, thanks for the reply.

I am not doing Fire Science, i am going for General Business.
    As I said, if they aren't hiring in any time soon, they will not be taking applications.

You can have your information ready so when they do, you will have it to insert in their application.

Go to another city's site, Norfolk, VA for example, down load their application and see what they are asking for and then get your stuff lined up.

BTW it is advice.

Good luck.
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Forum Member

Ok thanks.

Thread Information