Thread: Refurb

  1. #1
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Paris Texas
    Posts
    31

    Default Refurb

    We are currently looking at getting our Medium duty Rescue Refurbished with this years AFG. We are an urban community and I looked at the priorities from last years guidance and it lists RESCUE as a priority two. Does anyone have any idea of how we could write a grant and have it score high enough to even get considered. I know priority 2's dont have a good history of getting funding but I didnt know if we could list it as a pumper. It has a pump and a tank. If you can help please do. Thanks.

  2. #2
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RENOFIRE View Post
    We are currently looking at getting our Medium duty Rescue Refurbished with this years AFG. We are an urban community and I looked at the priorities from last years guidance and it lists RESCUE as a priority two. Does anyone have any idea of how we could write a grant and have it score high enough to even get considered. I know priority 2's dont have a good history of getting funding but I didnt know if we could list it as a pumper. It has a pump and a tank. If you can help please do. Thanks.
    What's the pump & tank size?

  3. #3
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Paris Texas
    Posts
    31

    Default

    I believe its a 350 gpm & 300 gallon tank. It does have a 25 gallon foam cell on it.

  4. #4
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    SW MO
    Posts
    4,249

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RENOFIRE View Post
    I believe its a 350 gpm & 300 gallon tank. It does have a 25 gallon foam cell on it.
    I don't think you're going to be able to classify it as a pumper without a >750 gpm pump.

  5. #5
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RENOFIRE View Post
    I believe its a 350 gpm & 300 gallon tank. It does have a 25 gallon foam cell on it.
    Based on what little info we have on the vehicle, it sounds like a quick attack vehicle with a rescue style body. If that is the case the route would be to refurbish as such since that is a Priority 1 vehicle. Trying to refurbish as a "rescue" will most likely sink the application.

  6. #6
    Forum Member
    islandfire03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2,588

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by RENOFIRE View Post
    We are currently looking at getting our Medium duty Rescue Refurbished with this years AFG. We are an urban community and I looked at the priorities from last years guidance and it lists RESCUE as a priority two. Does anyone have any idea of how we could write a grant and have it score high enough to even get considered. I know priority 2's dont have a good history of getting funding but I didnt know if we could list it as a pumper. It has a pump and a tank. If you can help please do. Thanks.
    What year is the truck? What do you mean by refurb? Are you talking rust repair , tank replacement, pump rebuild? What condition is the chassis in?
    Many questions that might weight the process

  7. #7
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by islandfire03 View Post
    What year is the truck? What do you mean by refurb? Are you talking rust repair , tank replacement, pump rebuild? What condition is the chassis in?
    Many questions that might weight the process
    Deleted message.

  8. #8
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Paris Texas
    Posts
    31

    Default

    Thanks for all the replies, some more information on it is it has a Freightliner 4-door chasis under it and it has a rescue box as the body (SVI built the truck). As far as the refurb part we are wanting to put a new chasis under the body and then just update the box with led warning lights. Other than that the main thing we are needing is just the truck portion.

  9. #9
    Forum Member
    islandfire03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2,588

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by RENOFIRE View Post
    Thanks for all the replies, some more information on it is it has a Freightliner 4-door chasis under it and it has a rescue box as the body (SVI built the truck). As far as the refurb part we are wanting to put a new chasis under the body and then just update the box with led warning lights. Other than that the main thing we are needing is just the truck portion.
    What are the reasons for the re-chassis? And how old is the truck? Mileage?
    These will be the primary determining factors in whether you stand a chance at AFG funding the project.

  10. #10
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Paris Texas
    Posts
    31

    Default

    It has aprox 160,000 miles on it and it is definatley showing its abuse. The truck is a 1997 Freightliner SVI.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 1980's Pierce Arrow Refurb
    By SWFD94 in forum Apparatus Innovation
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-29-2007, 12:58 AM
  2. To Refurb or not to Refurb
    By ffmedic9926 in forum Apparatus Innovation
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-27-2005, 05:28 PM
  3. AerialScope Refurb
    By dragonfyre in forum Apparatus Innovation
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-31-2003, 10:36 PM
  4. To refurb or not to refurb?
    By WRFDTO in forum Apparatus Innovation
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-11-2003, 06:40 PM
  5. turnout gear refurb
    By jcs950 in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-17-2003, 06:49 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register