Thread: Refurb

Forum Member

Default Refurb

We are currently looking at getting our Medium duty Rescue Refurbished with this years AFG. We are an urban community and I looked at the priorities from last years guidance and it lists RESCUE as a priority two. Does anyone have any idea of how we could write a grant and have it score high enough to even get considered. I know priority 2's dont have a good history of getting funding but I didnt know if we could list it as a pumper. It has a pump and a tank. If you can help please do. Thanks.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by RENOFIRE View Post
    We are currently looking at getting our Medium duty Rescue Refurbished with this years AFG. We are an urban community and I looked at the priorities from last years guidance and it lists RESCUE as a priority two. Does anyone have any idea of how we could write a grant and have it score high enough to even get considered. I know priority 2's dont have a good history of getting funding but I didnt know if we could list it as a pumper. It has a pump and a tank. If you can help please do. Thanks.
    What's the pump & tank size?

Forum Member

I believe its a 350 gpm & 300 gallon tank. It does have a 25 gallon foam cell on it.

MembersZone Subscriber

I believe its a 350 gpm & 300 gallon tank. It does have a 25 gallon foam cell on it.
    I don't think you're going to be able to classify it as a pumper without a >750 gpm pump.

MembersZone Subscriber

Based on what little info we have on the vehicle, it sounds like a quick attack vehicle with a rescue style body. If that is the case the route would be to refurbish as such since that is a Priority 1 vehicle. Trying to refurbish as a "rescue" will most likely sink the application.

Forum Member

Talking

What year is the truck? What do you mean by refurb? Are you talking rust repair , tank replacement, pump rebuild? What condition is the chassis in?
    Many questions that might weight the process

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by islandfire03 View Post
    What year is the truck? What do you mean by refurb? Are you talking rust repair , tank replacement, pump rebuild? What condition is the chassis in?
    Many questions that might weight the process
    Deleted message.

Forum Member

Thanks for all the replies, some more information on it is it has a Freightliner 4-door chasis under it and it has a rescue box as the body (SVI built the truck). As far as the refurb part we are wanting to put a new chasis under the body and then just update the box with led warning lights. Other than that the main thing we are needing is just the truck portion.

Forum Member

Talking

Thanks for all the replies, some more information on it is it has a Freightliner 4-door chasis under it and it has a rescue box as the body (SVI built the truck). As far as the refurb part we are wanting to put a new chasis under the body and then just update the box with led warning lights. Other than that the main thing we are needing is just the truck portion.
    What are the reasons for the re-chassis? And how old is the truck? Mileage?
    These will be the primary determining factors in whether you stand a chance at AFG funding the project.

Forum Member

It has aprox 160,000 miles on it and it is definatley showing its abuse. The truck is a 1997 Freightliner SVI.

Thread Information