Forum Member

Default Las Vegas Fire & Rescue

Does anyone know what is going on with LVFD? They stopped all testing "until further notice". Is there going to be no list for 2010? Does anyone have any inside info? I made group 1 and everything stopped after the written test. Does anyone know how many candidates are in Group 1?

Forum Member

I have a class right now with a LVFD firefighter. He said he hasn't heard of any plans to start that testing process again. They are fighting to save jobs right now. LVFD, however, is planning to open several stations soon, some of which are already built. I would assume that when they resume the process, they will start pulling from group 1.

Forum Member

Hmmmm layoffs and opening new stations at the same time? thanks for the info you heard but could you clarify a little more. I have a feeling this hiring freeze will last awhile, does anyone know how long they will freeze the hiring process before they just say eff it and open the testing again? im in group 1 also and studied my a** off to get there lol. Any info regarding LVFR would be great

MembersZone Subscriber

The new stations are replacing old stations that already exist.

Forum Member

Just talked to one of my best friends who works for LVFD he told me the hiring freeze is over or is about to be, but the city still doesn't know what their gonna do,he also reminded me of the last list a few years back and that list was frozen and next thing you know they hired 60,so lets hope there is some movement here soon....good luck

Forum Member

That's great news... keep us posted if you hear anything else from your buddy in LVFR

Forum Member

No problem,i'll try to pass on any news i get,as i'm sure you guys will to....

Forum Member

Question

I agree that is really good news, but...
    I don't understand how it is that LVFR is going to be hiring anyone this year when Clark County Fire is laying off 96 people.

The city has been talking about how they are trying to save jobs, so how is it they are hiring?

On another note. I did see a job posting that was recently up for the city that was for a city MD. In the job description is said that they would be doing Medical Physicals for recruit firefighters.

How reliable is the information you got kevin10? Should any of us be expecting to actually complete the testing process soon?

Forum Member

I don't understand how it is that LVFR is going to be hiring anyone this year when Clark County Fire is laying off 96 people.

The city has been talking about how they are trying to save jobs, so how is it they are hiring?

On another note. I did see a job posting that was recently up for the city that was for a city MD. In the job description is said that they would be doing Medical Physicals for recruit firefighters.

How reliable is the information you got kevin10? Should any of us be expecting to actually complete the testing process soon?

Forum Member

Forum Member

the info and the person i know is reliable,and i all i did is pass on exactly what he told me....thats all

MembersZone Subscriber

CCFD is not laying anyone off.. That is just what the Las Vegas Sun is saying. The LVS only seems to like writing negative things about the fire departments and the Las Vegas Valley in general. If you get your information from the news here, you would think Las Vegas is the worst place in the world. Yes, there is a budget crisis going on, however, No official decisions have been made. The layoffs are possible but none have happened yet. Again this is ClarkCounty Fire, not LVFR. the economy is horrible here but where isn't it bad right now. I would remain hopefull. The list is good for 2 years, so hopefully some of you get jobs out of it.

Forum Member

Default Anymore News?

They forum has been dead for awhile. I read in the news that the union and city has come to agreements, does anyone know if they are going to finish the testing process now that the fiscal year has started? and better yet, if they plan on hiring this year?

Forum Member

Who knows at this point? Just a lot of speculation so far. Hopefully everyone will know more in the near future.

Forum Member

am out in Vegas now. Anyone know how receptive stations are about other firefighters(career FF) stopping by for a visit to chit chat? I am staying on the strip and any reccomendations on a good station to visit, either Clark County or City of Las Vegas?...thanks

Forum Member

Usually not a big deal, at least at my station. I'm assuming CCFD get visitors all the time and anyone from either Dept would show a FF some love.
    Last edited by tactics; 02-14-2011 at 01:53 AM.

Thread Information