Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 36 FirstFirst ... 31011121314151623 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Cleveland Fire Dept., Fire exam, July 31st, 2010

Forum Member

I am from out of state. I guess I will have to wait for my letter in the mail.
    Last edited by bboo; 01-18-2011 at 07:55 PM.

Forum Member

Ok, so the list is out. Most, if not all, of us know our ranking on the eligibility list. Now the question is what is considered a good spot to be in? Top 100 or 50? Also, what happens next?

Forum Member

Where is the list at city hall posted? I'm working and was gonna swing by quick

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ffmedicmatt View Post
    Where is the list at city hall posted? I'm working and was gonna swing by quick
    The list is posted in the Civil Service office at city hall. The list is also posted at most of the fire stations in the city.

Forum Member

got my letter today..officially ranked number 101...hope thats good enough..I'm feeling ok about it right now

MembersZone Subscriber

good job. did you have military points? I am in the 160s. i've heard i have a decent shot. i live downtown and still have not received my letter!

MembersZone Subscriber

Hey everyone. Congrats to all the top finishers. Does anyone have any idea what happens next. I still havent recieved a letter. Do they hire right from the top down or is there background checks still to do? Thanks for any info.

Forum Member

background checks, and there are two law suits filed as of now. do not know how that will affect the hiring process.. one that i know of is abt the MLK and not everybody who has a 240 card getting the 5 points and one from the females , but i dont know what there case is.

Forum Member

I think whoever has a 240 card from wherever the academy may have been, EMT-B, EMT-I, or EMT-P certification should get the 5 points

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by toddrat1 View Post
    good job. did you have military points? I am in the 160s. i've heard i have a decent shot. i live downtown and still have not received my letter!
    No military points..but I do live in Cleveland so the 10 points helped...but still I got a 98 and thats awesome...I'm hoping that a couple of minor misdemanors when I was 20 don't stop them from continuing my process of becoming what I always wanted to be. both charges over 6 years old and no trouble but a couple speeding tickets since. I never thought getting these good results would put me under so much stress

Forum Member

Its basically impossible to get hired on the FDNY without having the 5 pts residency because of the amount of ppl that test.....I'm just curious though. I guess I'm comparing this one to something like New Yorks......

Forum Member

So never got to city hall today to see the list today...oh well maybe tomorrow.

Anyone hear what a good number is to be on the list???

And if i were a betting man, Im going to say im in the mid 300's

Forum Member

Angry

So never got to city hall today to see the list today...oh well maybe tomorrow.

Anyone hear what a good number is to be on the list???

And if i were a betting man, Im going to say im in the mid 300's

it would a better number than i am at on the list.. i scored a 90% on the results and im #2100 and i hear its a good number lol SUREEE!!!!!!!

Forum Member

i got the letter the other day and scored a 90% but im #1203 on the list i doubt i'll ever get hired.. i think it was the removing the ladder off the wall and putting it in the square on the floor since i had to run back because the tip of the ladder was touching the line... o well there is always next time or who can i pay off to flunk the cyclogical testing lol JK

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by toddrat1 View Post
    Not exactly sure what's going on with the mail, but I haven't yet received my score either - and I live in Cleveland also. Fortunately, I was able to see my score at city hall. But I want my official letter. Anyone else in the Cleveland area still waiting for results to come in the mail?

MembersZone Subscriber

I just got my official letter Friday. Don't know what took so long.

Forum Member

im also in cleveland and recieved my rank letter Friday, any idea when next step will be.. i got 23

Forum Member

well none of us know...i was 704 off a little bit from my guess. good job though

Forum Member

well none of us know...i was 704 off a little bit from my guess. good job though
    thanks brah,.. just like the service..hurry and wiat

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FutureFF80 View Post
    im also in cleveland and recieved my rank letter Friday, any idea when next step will be.. i got 23
    Well done. I also scored in the top 40, so I presume that's a decent position. From what I'm hearing, CFD would like to bring in a class for academy either in the spring or fall. Whenever possible they tend to avoid academy in the summer/winter due to the extremes in weather conditions. The rationale is that it's challenging enough to teach & learn proper firefighting fundamentals in ideal weather conditions. Having to contend with extreme weather often compromises the proper execution of fireground evolutions - leading to increase in injury, etc.

From what I've been told, whether academy begins in spring or fall is based on how fast they can process the background checks, medical exams, and psychological assessments. Don't be fooled by some of the naysayers out there. CLEVELAND WILL HIRE THIS YEAR. The question is when and how many classes?
    Last edited by maverick80; 01-27-2011 at 04:49 PM.

Thread Information