Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2330313233343536 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Cleveland Fire Dept., Fire exam, July 31st, 2010

Forum Member

Heard that from a guy today that R3 was going down as well, that is accurate info.

also heard that they are going to be doing more rolling brown-outs, closing random stations and detailing guys to other stations based on call offs and staffing.

and i am a guy with a conditional offer with no medical screening scheduled fyi

Forum Member

johnsmith-

Let us know if you get set up for the psych test today or tomorrow. I got the medical but I'm told they're doing a big group next Saturday the 9th for the psych test. Curious if that includes those further down the list also, or just the first group.

Forum Member

i think we both will have to keep our eyes open for a letter/email or something

Forum Member

I know a guy from engine 22 and he said they might be put on academy detail for upcomming classes, also what i was told by hq was that the first fifty guys have been processed for the first class to this point. The rest of us with conditional offers will have to wait until oct. before they start evals on us! Stay out of trouble until then......

Forum Member

Talked with someone at Cleveland's FTA who said that if processing continues without any issues, cadet training could begin as soon as late March. There were a couple of other factors too (such as how soon the new gear arrives). But it's looking like March at the earliest for the first class.

Maybe they will give us a more exact update this Saturday at the psych examination.

Forum Member

I dont think they are processing all the ppl from the conditional list for this supposed psych eval on sat; some of us haven't gotten notice of such eval. fyi.

might be breaking us into two groups.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by johnsmith1989 View Post
    I dont think they are processing all the ppl from the conditional list for this supposed psych eval on sat; some of us haven't gotten notice of such eval. fyi.

might be breaking us into two groups.
    As i posted before i was told by someone at HQ that they are in fact breaking us up into two groups. The first one consists of the first 50. I also am in the second group witch should start some time around sept or oct! I was told to keep out of any trouble until that time and the rest of us on the second group shouldnt have any problems! Im not sure why they havnt made that public info to us yet? Hope this helps.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by workingman216 View Post
    ...Im not sure why they havnt made that public info to us yet?.
    It's Cleveland
    Last edited by FIREJAWZ; 02-07-2013 at 04:02 PM.

Forum Member

During today's psych exam I talked with a couple of guys who said that the list has been updated and that they moved up by a considerable number of spots on the list.

I'm curious to know if anyone who was originally ranked in the 40s (or knows someone who was ranked in 40s) has moved up and approximately how far.
    Last edited by maverick80; 02-09-2013 at 04:40 PM.

Forum Member

Been trying to keep up with the local news reports about the pending Fire/EMS merger, which becomes official on Monday with the closing of two rescue companies and the addition of ALS units.

In a PD article I read online today, there was some suggestion that the City won't need to hire 70 cadets this year after all, because the firefighters in the closed rescue companies will be reassigned to fill the vacant spots that were slotted for the new hires. I know you can't believe everything you read and hear, but that definitely caught my attention. Did anyone else read that or heard any rumors about hiring in light of the merger?

Forum Member

They are losing two rescue squads (net), so I wouldn't be too concerned. Not to mention that what you quoted was just something in the 'comments' section. Have to figure that is only about 30 or so guys total that are being moved. It may slow the process since their will be less need for bodies, but if the city had to honor the conditional offers in 2009 from a test that was given in 1998, they are likely to do the same here.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by maverick80 View Post
    During today's psych exam I talked with a couple of guys who said that the list has been updated and that they moved up by a considerable number of spots on the list.

I'm curious to know if anyone who was originally ranked in the 40s (or knows someone who was ranked in 40s) has moved up and approximately how far.
    I know someone in the 30s that moved up 10 spots.

Forum Member

How are those psych evals in front of the shrink shaping up?

Forum Member

I'll let you know next week. I'm really psyched for it

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fromCLE View Post
    I'll let you know next week. I'm really psyched for it
    I see what you did there

Forum Member

Wasn't bad. No "red flags" from the MMPI, just talked about life, family etc. and they took notes about it. Back to waiting, but this time hopefully for the final call/letter.

Forum Member

cleveland.com just posted the mayor's 2013 budget proposal, looking at the division of fire section (pg300 or so) they have a budget for 36 student trainees for 2013. This doesn't help us know any more about when a class would start, but possibly they're only looking at one class this year now, and of 36? So those in the higher numbers may be waiting more than some surmised.

Second, they have listed Firefighter Apprentice-Medic II and Apprentice-Medic III in their staffing levels, with 23 total in those groups. Not sure what those descriptions mean, but I'm sure it's related to the merger, and not good again for those in the higher numbers receiving offer letters either.

Forum Member

The apprentice-medic stuff is just semantics. If you look at the Local 93 union contract, that is just what the title of the position is for The Division of Fire.

Forum Member

those 23 or so ppl could be the most recent ems class they hired in aug/sept of last year.
    i.e. possibly a combo class of medics and firefighters

Forum Member

Or it could be the guys that were hired in 2009 then subject to lay offs and rehiring in the order of seniority... which would make them all different "ranks." Any other paranoid thoughts?

Thread Information