Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 710
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Cleveland Fire Dept., Fire exam, July 31st, 2010

  1. #61
    MembersZone Subscriber
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    94

    Default

    i doubt it. i would say it goes with your seat number. plus all the extra credit will come into play after the pat. it sucks the pat is only pass/fail.


  2. #62
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    66

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zarack808 View Post
    I know that only those who passed the written exam are invited to take the physical ability test, which is being held throughout November. Does anyone know if your date for the PAT correlates with your rank on the written exam? For example, do those with the highest scores on the written take their PAT first while those with lower scores take the PAT later in the month?
    I think it is alphabetical order. Dont quote me on it. Some friends with A last names have taken it and a friend with a C last name takes it tomarrow. My last name starts with a Z and i take mine the first week of December. Not by seat number because my friend next to me has his tomarrow

  3. #63
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kzavodny View Post
    I think it is alphabetical order. Dont quote me on it. Some friends with A last names have taken it and a friend with a C last name takes it tomarrow. My last name starts with a Z and i take mine the first week of December. Not by seat number because my friend next to me has his tomarrow
    Alphabetical order makes sense. Have you received any feedback on the PAT from your friends that have already taken it?

  4. #64
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    66

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zarack808 View Post
    Alphabetical order makes sense. Have you received any feedback on the PAT from your friends that have already taken it?
    sent a private message. hope it helps by the way, when is your test?
    Last edited by kzavodny; 10-31-2010 at 09:00 PM.

  5. #65
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kzavodny View Post
    I think it is alphabetical order. Dont quote me on it. Some friends with A last names have taken it and a friend with a C last name takes it tomarrow. My last name starts with a Z and i take mine the first week of December. Not by seat number because my friend next to me has his tomarrow

    Thanks for the info. Replied to your private message. My test is Nov. 8th.

  6. #66
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2

    Default

    I've heard that about 600 people passed the written as well. Thats a pretty low number considering how many they need to repace in the next couple years. Also, the amount of people that will be left after the PAT, background, and polygraphs. I think anyone who makes it to the end has an excellent chance at getting on. Prior the 600 being talked about is closely accurate.

  7. #67
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    66

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fire_medic50 View Post
    I've heard that about 600 people passed the written as well. Thats a pretty low number considering how many they need to repace in the next couple years. Also, the amount of people that will be left after the PAT, background, and polygraphs. I think anyone who makes it to the end has an excellent chance at getting on. Prior the 600 being talked about is closely accurate.
    I dont believe there is a polygraph, but more people will fail the psych then the background. 600 seems like a really low number. That would mean they are only testing 20 per day for the PAT. I have yet to talk to anybody I know or people that they know who didn't pass the written.

  8. #68
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2

    Default

    yeah I have yet to hear anything very accurate from anyone other than it coming straight from cleveland. Im very excited for all the PAT's to be complete and see where I stand on the list.

  9. #69
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    23

    Default

    All right everyone I was completely wrong about what I said earlier. I am really sorry. I found out exactly how many passed and that was CONFIRMED at 1700. They are starting the agiliy testing now and its is in alphabetical order. I did mine the other night and passed...easily! Im not trying to boast about it but it was pretty easy. The hose drag is not a real firemans hose and they read instructions to you before each timed event. So that gives you plenty of time to catch your breath. If anyoone is reading this I am going to just say the truth, they made this easy for certain reasons. However, I did see people afterwards that were really breathing heavy and that struggled through it. Although I am realistic about getting a position (because I don't have residency) I'm not going to give out any details of the events. Just be smart, it's easy. Let me know......Thanks

  10. #70
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    66

    Default

    Well thats quite a bunch of people. Maybe I'm wrong, but I didn't see a whole lot of people that looked in terrible shape. Guessing 1500 out of the 1700 will pass the PAT, I think the psych will weed out a lot of people though.

  11. #71
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kzavodny View Post
    Well thats quite a bunch of people. Maybe I'm wrong, but I didn't see a whole lot of people that looked in terrible shape. Guessing 1500 out of the 1700 will pass the PAT, I think the psych will weed out a lot of people though.
    Hey kzavodny, you commented a couple of times that the psych will weed out a lot of people, even more so than the background checks. I find that interesting. Considering that this is Cleveland, I would expect background issues to be a major roadblock for many applicants. What is it about the psych interview that is so problematic? Have you or anyone else had any experience with these type of psych interviews?

  12. #72
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FemaleCandidate1 View Post
    CFDWARRIOR: I don't believe this posting is very becoming of a CURRENT FIREFIGHTER, obviously you ARE NOT A BONAFIDE CLEVELAND RESIDENT...your statement, I quote" You must realize that many of the "residents" won't score high enough even with the extra points". I'm sure with you representing the CFD, you should retract that biased statement, however, I AM A BONAFIDE RESIDENT AND scored high enough, I'm sure there WERE plenty more "residents" that did aswell. You're inside "scoop" was very condescending. Glad your info isn't on here or I'd surely report you.
    FemaleCandidate1,
    You must have been privy to something that all of us malecandiate1's were not. You state that you DID score high enough. Well, how the hell do you know this when the letter that the commission sent out said that the score are not yet being released? Please advise, thanks ;-)

  13. #73
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    8

    Default And another thing

    Quote Originally Posted by FemaleCandidate1 View Post
    CFDWARRIOR: I don't believe this posting is very becoming of a CURRENT FIREFIGHTER, obviously you ARE NOT A BONAFIDE CLEVELAND RESIDENT...your statement, I quote" You must realize that many of the "residents" won't score high enough even with the extra points". I'm sure with you representing the CFD, you should retract that biased statement, however, I AM A BONAFIDE RESIDENT AND scored high enough, I'm sure there WERE plenty more "residents" that did aswell. You're inside "scoop" was very condescending. Glad your info isn't on here or I'd surely report you.

    FemaleCandidate1...Dont ever forget that there is absolutely nothing in this world more wrong than a "rat!" remember that, it will serve you well! I pray that you do not get hired, as a respectful brotherhood is free of rats

  14. #74
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kzavodny View Post
    I served my country for seven years with three combat deployments. I hold an EMT-b and 240 card. How is it that people with zero life experiences recieve more points (10 resident 5 MLK) have a better chance then a decorated combat vet? Any imput would be appreciated.
    Kzavondy, you could not have presented a more perfectly fitting question. The civil service commission is designed to meet quotas. There is no need to further explain that statement as you all know what it means. Even though the system is flawed and sucks, fight through it and prove them wrong. Hoorah~!

  15. #75
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    8

    Default

    As for the number of PAT takers, I am uncertain as well. I will say that I took mine last week and was slated at 1600. I was not in the testing room until 1900. The Chief running the show that day stated that the guy before me was the 15th candidate that day. This was noted because one of the testing stations needs calibrated after 15 candidates. So at 1900, I was 16, and there were candidates coming in until 1900, 3 or 4 each hour. My math is 20-25 a day

  16. #76
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    66

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zarack808 View Post
    Hey kzavodny, you commented a couple of times that the psych will weed out a lot of people, even more so than the background checks. I find that interesting. Considering that this is Cleveland, I would expect background issues to be a major roadblock for many applicants. What is it about the psych interview that is so problematic? Have you or anyone else had any experience with these type of psych interviews?
    Yes you are quite right about "it is cleveland", but yes I have a lot of family in the fire service and they all tell me the psych can be a little tricky. Keep the answers short and sweet. Don't free up free information.

  17. #77
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    66

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tslice View Post
    As for the number of PAT takers, I am uncertain as well. I will say that I took mine last week and was slated at 1600. I was not in the testing room until 1900. The Chief running the show that day stated that the guy before me was the 15th candidate that day. This was noted because one of the testing stations needs calibrated after 15 candidates. So at 1900, I was 16, and there were candidates coming in until 1900, 3 or 4 each hour. My math is 20-25 a day
    Hey brother. I'm not sure of the number either. It's all over the board. You may have some civies confused with the military time. haha. good copy?

  18. #78
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    139

    Default

    Anyone know when the city plans to have an eligibility list? We're in November and the PAT testing won't be completed until early December. Considering that approx 100 firefighters are expected to DROP in early 2011, I'm thinking the city will need to have a class in place ASAP. Any info?

  19. #79
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Hey quick question I was not able to print out the pat events can some one give me a heads up on the 7 events my test is the 29. Please and thanks

  20. #80
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    23

    Default

    I really dont know exactly when they are going to have the eligibility posted. If you think about it though, they will stop the agility in December. By the time civil service/CFD have tabulated all the results we would maybe find out in January. But then they are going to have to move fast. The dept. is already down around 75 guys anyway from CFD not filling those already positions. There is just about 3-5 guys left on the layoff list. So they will need to fill the DROP positions. Now theres a big question out there, is CFD going to fill all of the positions in the DROP program? I don't think they will. Lets say 100 DROP, I can see Cleveland filling 75 positions and making the dept. find ways to make it short of men/women. On to the agility, when I took my test last Monday I over heard some guys saying that they had test about 50-75 people that day. Also, the agility goes, stepmill 3:30, move a hose roll and pull a pulley system with 50lbs attached, hose drag through a tunnel, simulate a breach with a sledge, tunnel crawl, dummy drag through an obsticle.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. World Of Fire Report: 07-07-05
    By PaulBrown in forum World of Fire Daily Report
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-28-2010, 10:00 AM
  2. World Of Fire Report: 07-27-05
    By PaulBrown in forum World of Fire Daily Report
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-28-2005, 07:46 PM
  3. World Of Fire Report: 07-17-05
    By PaulBrown in forum World of Fire Daily Report
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-18-2005, 11:30 PM
  4. World Of Fire Report: 07-02-05
    By PaulBrown in forum World of Fire Daily Report
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-06-2005, 11:23 PM
  5. World Of Fire Report: 07-19-04
    By PaulBrown in forum World of Fire Daily Report
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-20-2004, 11:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts