Forum Member

Default 1st post- RI Volunteer

Hello all,

I'm a volunteer fire fighter in a small, island community in RI. I'm also a board of Control member for the department. Our community is only accessible by ferry/boat so there is no "timely" mutual aid for us. We are jumping into grant writing feet first in an effort to keep up our eqpt., apparatus, and professionalize our training programs.

I've been lurking here for a year or so and have found some invaluable info, especially for grant writing. This forum is unlike most that I've seen, in that it's members appear to jump at the chance to help each other. Thanks to those of you whose questions and answers have helped me in the past. I hope to be able to contribute in the future.

Cheers!

Forum Member

Good,
    Glad to have you here. When you need examples of grant narratives, be sure and ask for them and tell them your a newbie. Maybe surprised how many you get.

Quote Originally Posted by P_Island_Fire View Post
    Hello all,

I'm a volunteer fire fighter in a small, island community in RI. I'm also a board of Control member for the department. Our community is only accessible by ferry/boat so there is no "timely" mutual aid for us. We are jumping into grant writing feet first in an effort to keep up our eqpt., apparatus, and professionalize our training programs.

I've been lurking here for a year or so and have found some invaluable info, especially for grant writing. This forum is unlike most that I've seen, in that it's members appear to jump at the chance to help each other. Thanks to those of you whose questions and answers have helped me in the past. I hope to be able to contribute in the future.

Cheers!

Thread Information