Forum Member

Talking Female 5x5 Quick Connect

Hey ya'll,

I am looking for a female 5x5 quick connect to fit the front intake on my mack. Anyone know someone that has one?

Thanks!

Forum Member

Been in the fire service over 20 years, and never heard of that. Can you explain? Is this maybe a 5"NST female to 5" storz adapter? If so good luck, any and all storz adapters are still widely used, (not to mention expensive) so not many are going to be willing to part with one.
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Forum Member

FWDbuff,
    Sorry for the description, going on what I am being told. What I am trying to find, with no luck, is a hose that will fit the front 5" intake on the front of my '79 Mack CF. I am trying to restore her and need this for the front. It doesn't have to work as long as it has the fitting that connects the the intake. It is more for looks than anything else. I only asked for the fitting because I was given a hose line but it has snap tite ends. I have started to look around at the fire musters and fire flea markets. I even found one last weekend, but it was too big. Any help is greatfully appreciated.

Be safe!

Forum Member

You don't have much experience in the fire service, do you? (no offense.)

Snap-Tite is the name of a MANUFACTURER.

Sounds to me like you probably possess a short 5" line with 5" STORZ fittings. (1/4 turn sexless fittings- either end can mate with either end, there is no "male" or "female.")

Sounds to me like you are trying to find a PONY SUCTION line with THREADED, SCREW couplings, NST (National Standard Threads.)
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Forum Member

Does it look something like this?

This is a 5" Female Cam Adaptor X 5"NST Female

I have seen a few Front Pumpers rigged like this. These were common before storz came out.

Kocheck would be a good source to search.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    HAVE PLAN.............WILL TRAVEL

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 79Mack View Post
    FWDbuff,
    Sorry for the description, going on what I am being told. What I am trying to find, with no luck, is a hose that will fit the front 5" intake on the front of my '79 Mack CF. I am trying to restore her and need this for the front. It doesn't have to work as long as it has the fitting that connects the the intake. It is more for looks than anything else. I only asked for the fitting because I was given a hose line but it has snap tite ends. I have started to look around at the fire musters and fire flea markets. I even found one last weekend, but it was too big. Any help is greatfully appreciated.

Be safe!

What you need is a 5 inch National Standard Suction thread that is a Female swivel to make the connection to the inlet on the front of that ride.

You say that you have Snap Tite ends on the sleeve. You probably have a Storz fitting with was made by Snap Tite. If so, you need a adapter to hook that to the suction intake, which is a 5 inch National Standard Steamer intake. The other end can be whatever you want it to be, if you are not planning on hooking to a hydrant!!

Check with the local FD to see if they have something they can give you or find a fire equipment dealer around you.
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Thread Information