Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I don't see how they can make this in just a week or so. I would not expect the launch of the application period before the end of the month of April. Certainly that is just guessing, but I just don't seem them being able to do it any faster.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Fortsutphen View Post
    Okay, thank you. So not really that much new information coming out of the workshops, other than want you have posted?
    Pretty much...there will be many changes for 2011 though (no details).

Probably one point to clarify. The question dealing with the % of firefighters meeting NFPA 1001. That info is not part of computer scoring, but anything under 100% needs to be addressed in the narrative on how it will be accomplished for PR.

So if you put in for XYZ and you have for ex. 20% of the firefighters meeting 1001, but you do not ask for training or address how it will be accomplished or that there is a current plan in place will hurt your score during PR.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by cubachief502 View Post
    I don't see how they can make this in just a week or so. I would not expect the launch of the application period before the end of the month of April. Certainly that is just guessing, but I just don't seem them being able to do it any faster.
    Once the PG is posted the application period will open a week later. Most likely a one week delay tops according to the workshop (even though said up to 2).

MembersZone Subscriber WJVaughn's Avatar

Just wanted to confirm that last years population ratios are still in effect. I knew there had been talk of reducing the 20 down to 10 %. (hope)
    less than 50k is 5% and greater than 50k is 20%

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by onebugle View Post
    Pretty much...there will be many changes for 2011 though (no details).

Probably one point to clarify. The question dealing with the % of firefighters meeting NFPA 1001. That info is not part of computer scoring, but anything under 100% needs to be addressed in the narrative on how it will be accomplished for PR.

So if you put in for XYZ and you have for ex. 20% of the firefighters meeting 1001, but you do not ask for training or address how it will be accomplished or that there is a current plan in place will hurt your score during PR.
    Thanks again. I appreciate the info that provide on the forms. Nashville next year?

PG is not what I am worried about... I don't believe that the staff will be able to get the notifications out on all applications before the start of this years process. That seems to be putting way too hefty a burden on those people.

MembersZone Subscriber

PG is not what I am worried about... I don't believe that the staff will be able to get the notifications out on all applications before the start of this years process. That seems to be putting way too hefty a burden on those people.
    True, it remains to be seen if this will be accomplished or not. But a year with inconsistencies this statement has remained consistent with them. Just have to wait and see what pans out.

MembersZone Subscriber

Competition will be firece this year as there is only $390 million allocated for 2010 a significant drop from the $565 million for 2009. But remember this will be cut further for FP&S ($30 million) and admin fees ($19.5 million)....so roughly $340,500,000 will be available for Ops ($243 million) and vehicles ($97.5 million).

I am with you there Chief. I donít think it is realistic to say that they will get it all out the door by the end of the month, based on what we have seen so far this year.
    Chief are you going to the APCO conference in Montgomery on the 28th? Still need to talk about radio equipment and some venders that you possibly deal with. Thanks dfd701@bellsouth.net

Not going make it to that one... Every weekend through the middle of May is loaded with pump tests and other such. I will send you a note under seperate cover.

Forum Member

In order to meet the new app period, there is talk that reductions will be considered equivalent to 1199As, and that both will be considered an award for 2009 so that people can develop their 2010 apps.

Forum Member

Boy that is sure going to stir up the pot of questions for new and old grant writers alike. I am sure there would be a lot of people being wary of whether to begin seeking bids with only an 1199 and 10q. I know i wold be very cautious, and i am sure the Regional Reps are going to get a tone more phone calls with questions.

Thanks for bringing the word to these forums BC.

Forum Member

Still wouldn't be allowed to take bids or spend money, just know that the 2009 is going to fund eventually so people can develop a 2010 application in time. Plan is still all awards announced by end of May regardless of where 2010 app period is.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BC79er View Post
    In order to meet the new app period, there is talk that reductions will be considered equivalent to 1199As, and that both will be considered an award for 2009 so that people can develop their 2010 apps.
    BC79er, what would happens if there is no reduction since it is under the limit? Should we all wait for a DJ and if we don't have by start of 2010 then assume that we have made it to PR and had a favorable decision by the reviewers and expect an 1199? Just a question as I, you, and many others are probably in this same boat with apps.

If I was going to "assume" for 2010, I would assume an unfavorable decision if you've heard nothing.

If the computer DJs hit before 2010 opens (should), then you'll know if you made peer and can plan accordingly. If you made peer, but not funded yet, you should plan to rewrite your project for 2010. If everyone funded in 2009 scored higher than you, it just moves you up the list in 2010.

If your biggest need in 2009 wasn't funded, your biggest need in 2010 should be pretty obvious.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by MIDWESTCHIEF View Post
    BC79er, what would happens if there is no reduction since it is under the limit? Should we all wait for a DJ and if we don't have by start of 2010 then assume that we have made it to PR and had a favorable decision by the reviewers and expect an 1199? Just a question as I, you, and many others are probably in this same boat with apps.
    What I've always done is review and update the grant that's pending and work on the grant I'd submit if we got awarded. Usually by the end of the application period you have a good indication one way or the other. If you don't, and you still need the prior year's project, resubmit it. If you get the indications, submit the new grant.

MembersZone Subscriber

The computer DJ's should have been out long ago, but as typical with the federal government (lately) the CDJ's are still waiting for final approval.

Forum Member

The DJs will drop before it opens, should be all of them not just the computer ones. All 1199As or reductions should be out before also, so if you're under you'll either have DJ or 1199A. They're focusing their efforts to make sure all pendings have at least one of the pre-notifications.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Fortsutphen View Post
    So Bugle are you saying they won't approve a vehicle that is not 25+ years old?
    This also coincides with NFPA 1901 which states in part, "Apparatus...that are over 25 years old should be replaced".

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BC79er View Post
    OK, now this is interesting and let me get a better understanding here. AFG is considering that those applicants that have received a reduction are to consider it their 1199a for their 2009 application? Then those who have their 1199a already can basically expect that their application will be awarded then? That this is an even better indication of being awarded than it was back in December?

If this is true, then they are even further behind than I thought. Remember how we were told to expect 4 rounds of awards to catch up on the processes timeline.

Those AFG personnel are dedicated to put up with the flood of problems they must be encountering. I would imagine there has been plenty of eye rolling and groaning.

Now, give me my vehicle award. pretty please!!!

Thread Information